CarryOn88

#33753258 - 2 months ago

double post

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33753260 - 2 months ago

In reply to HokutoYangSoup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsPx96CVQ-o

He sums it up perfectly. RT have screwed up here big time. Vic should sue them 

• lordsurvivor

lordsurvivor

#33753339 - 2 months ago

In reply to HokutoYangSoup Okay so i ask this:

If Yang's whole reason for getting back to team RWBY is to be with her sister Ruby, the target of Salem and by proxy the enemy, they why even bother going to protect Blake?

We've seen Blake can handle herself, only being weak when caught completely off guard or when Adam is on screen to make him seem intimidating, and Adam came out of nowhere. Yet we've seen she can handle Adam especially Adam as he is now, weak due to his confusion and hatred for everything, even Blake.

So if Blake doesn't need protection then why not just leave her to handle herself and thus respecting her ability to fight for herself (Yang's whole ideals right now, or they should be give her position emotionally)

What i mean is i feel as though Adam v Blake and just that would've fit better, Adam this big threat is given this quiet death in the forest at the hands of the girl he loves and not the ship that upset him, it's less insulting for him to die that way. That and it frees Yang up to be their for Ruby to help distract the Leviathan rather then having Jin stop time Yang could've done something so Yang and tried punching the giant thing in the face with her semblance active for better effect, thus protecting her sister like her whole goal was about these past two volumes. 

It feels like they stopped an older sister from regaining her personal self worth and strength along the journey in time enough to be their for her sister when it matters most, defending her long enough to activate her silver eyes to... Have Adam legit sneak up on Blake (the cat with super reflexes and hearing cause faunus) to then start a fight that really really doesn't fit well with the season (cause ptsd illusions don't really build up to a confrontation with a guy Blake beat in one hit last volume) 

idk, not trying to be a dick or anything i just feel like Yang's whole arc was finding herself following her incident and being their for her sister, not Blake

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33753347 - 2 months ago

In reply to lordsurvivor

I understand your criticism. Most of us thinks the same way, though to me, the biggest insult is yang ptsd and payoff. She did not earn anything worthy and therefore no reason to fight Adam other protecting Blake.

I mean it has been 6 volumes and they still haven't fixed this sister relationship.

It makes her entire arc in volume 4 prior to 5 and 6 completely useless.

Adam should have done that instead of being a retarded psycho Miles and Kerry have turn him into. Especially with all pause and talk.

• lordsurvivor

lordsurvivor

#33753353 - 2 months ago

Adam and Neo were my favorite villains cause of a completely unrelated reason to their design or actor or weapon... they were and Neo still is silent, preferring to get shit done and smile afterward, they're so unlike literally every other villain that it makes watching their fights interesting, Where Cinder will monilogue and stroke her ego even in the face of a stronger and more skilled opponent, Neo won't say a thing, kick Yang's ass and even love it when she has the time to deliver the finishing blow, Yang v Neo is the best fight in the show on many grounds in my opinion. Not saying anything of the choreography Neo is wholy confident throughout, and obviously so is Yang, Yang up til that point hasn't been completely man handled by a superior fighter and Neo had yet to actually fight, Neo is small and flexible, Yang is big strong but slow and easily manipulated by her opponents. Sadly this wasn't the fight Yang had to learn from, nope the barely encounter with Adam where the clear massage is "don't charge at a guy with a sword fist first" is later shown instead to deliver the message that "Yang's semblance is a crutch and she should think before she leaps".... okay, but then she goes on to use her semblance recklessly and for dumb shit like beating up a bandit who didn't even have an aura and to later destroy a tea cup or get mad at her sister, it's like "why tell her to think more strategically with her semblance if she never does so, if anything she became more reckless to the point she actively picks a fight with the literal embodiment of her ptsd

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753358 - 2 months ago

All of that made total sense, but I think the end of volume six moved past that already. Towards the end, we didn't see Yang get mad much at all. But yeah, Neo is definitely the most interesting character right now in her motivations and things she enjoys. Everyone hast to have some reason for doing something.

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33753557 - 2 months ago

Hmm What I would point out next is inconsistent power levels.

I mean Look at Qrow, Weiss, Adam.

One time they're able to do awesome feats (Qrow Vs WInter and Tyrion)  Weiss skills then the fight with Vernal and Adam inconsistent powerlevel.

It's annoying to see characters that were established as capable are suddenly weaklings because of plot

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753677 - 2 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

It also doesn't make sense that characters get weaker unless there's something stated behind it. Like Blake/Yang against Adam.

Other than that, other characters shouldn't suddenly become incapable for no reason.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753702 - 2 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

All those problems stem from end of 5 which should be interpreted as ornamentation for character interaction.

Almost everyone is an idiot in this fight.

Qrow is meatshielding Oscar/Ozpin with his body instead of his sword.

Weiss is repeating summon attempts although she should have learned that it takes too much time AND her ice-based avatars are lasercut by Vernal with ease anyway.

Vernal attacks Weiss's weapon instead of any (vital) body parts.

Vernal goes into reserve when she has depleted Weiss's aura.

Cinder blabbs instead of attacking Jaune.

Cinder removes a good portion of fighting power from her side when she is winning, evening the odds.

Cinder goes into the vault outnumbered although she plans to pick a fight and should be aware that her companions are not the definition of reliable.

Vernal does not activate her aura like "I trust Cinder on this one".

Adam does not activate his aura and falls for a trick he should be well aware of.

Really strange.

But I am happy, that Qrow has lost competence. He would be dead by now, if he ran on the competence level of 3/early 4 because of outshining the titular characters. That would put a crosshairs on him.

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33753784 - 2 months ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

In reply to CarryOn88

Hmm What I would point out next is inconsistent power levels.

I mean Look at Qrow, Weiss, Adam.

One time they're able to do awesome feats (Qrow Vs WInter and Tyrion)  Weiss skills then the fight with Vernal and Adam inconsistent powerlevel.

It's annoying to see characters that were established as capable are suddenly weaklings because of plot

that is the result of Miles and Kerry poor handling of character consistency despite working with Monty prior to his death.
    Oh yes that Adam, while he does get buffed, it's still feels like he is nerfed just to get himself killed. Plus plot armour for yang and Blake.
    at this point, I really don't have hopes for them to take it seriously in the next volume and beyond.

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33753842 - 2 months ago

Quite honestly I'm starting to lose hope too. After VIc and the BS Gen:Lock is pushing I think RT fully went down the  Get woke go broke path and instead of making a good stories they're just trying to push ideology into everything

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33753917 - 2 months ago

I just finished s2 of Dragon Prince...RT should take notes on how to properly lead the story.

• lordsurvivor

lordsurvivor

#33754018 - 2 months ago

Critics: they didn't earn anything cause Ruby didn't actually train, she just does or receives pep talks and luckily obtains the power to win the day.

Fanboys: BUT SHE WENT THROUGH SUCH AN EMOTIONAL ARC TO UNLOCK HER POWERS, SHE'S FINALLY STANDING UP TO HER DRUNK UNCLE AND SHE FINALLY LEARNED ABOUT HER SILVER EYES.

Me: Okay, i want you to take a train into the city and you tell me if you happen upon the right old lady who is so interested in helping you unlock your dormant powers that in the event that both you and her manage to survive a train crash, that said old lady is willing and able to follow you on foot in the snow to unnassumed locations and destinations and if and when you reach a safe place she just brings up the silver eyes stuff out of nowhere when your boss you've been following for months already knew your mom who also had dormant powers. Does this sound emotional to you? Is it cause Miles wrote that the character cries and feels things and thinks about her mom, was it the way Lindsey spoke her lines that made you love this season so much, WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED ANY BETTER THEN VOLUME FIVE?

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33754022 - 2 months ago

In reply to lordsurvivor

If I remember correctly the old lady did not know about the dormant powers until a demonstration, because she is colourblind. So either she followed at random or something/someone else.

But to be fair, chance-meetings on a razor-edge are standard in fiction. Or did you ever see a bomb defused minutes before detonation?

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33754037 - 2 months ago

Another thing I got from Dragon Prince. LGBTQ representation done right. 

There the fact with who they sleep with is not important. That does not define them as a people in slightest and simply is. In RWBY you remember certain characters like Jaune's sister because she's a lesbian and that would be about it when it comes to her traits.

In Dragon prince you remember them for being strong, swift, kind or deadly. Their sexuality is just an add on that is not shoved down our throats but it's more like a hug after a won battle or even a picture in the ending. It is there but it's not flaunted on our faces with gigant neon I'M LGBTQ LOOK HOW AMAZING I AM!!!!

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33754038 - 2 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

I haven't seen season of dragon prince but if that is the case, then it's going to difficult for crwby to quit bullshitting before it's too late.

But of course Miles would probably be too proud and complacent to make any changes.

That is what rwby is becoming now, an SJW centric show that has character getting free passes with no consequences, villains being dumb and died for the sake of plot, shoving ideals down on people's throat such as female doing all the shit while male doing less. Etc.

• BakedBrain

#33754041 - 2 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

I wanted to disprove you, but I ended up with this.

What is the indicator of an LGBT insert? Behaviour which is not seen by others.

One they evaded was the pilot, an option to let him say "I want back to see my husband" or something like that. In the final show he made NO reference to his family and has undisclosed sexual orientation. Using this sentence only if he was gay, would have been the insert.

What do Terra Cotta and Saphron do, what Kali and Ghira don't: Excessive handholding. And real world couples don't do that either to this extent. 

• BakedBrain

#33754042 - 2 months ago

Please do not complain about females doing all the shit. That was well advertised. And males do more than you would expect from the selection of titular characters.

You had fair warning.

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33754045 - 2 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain

In reply to BakedBrain

That is not what I meant, I am referring to volume 6.

If you want to threaten me with admin report and ban, I am not stopping you.

• BakedBrain

#33754077 - 2 months ago

I am referring to RWBY in general. Adam was insignificant on the world scale after volume 5 and the final destination for him was clear since he sequentially attacked Blake and Yang at the end of volume 3, regardless of romance or sister in battle.

He leaves a hole only because the world lacks villain power. My theory for his dumping is that the writers noticed too late, that he is not suitable as leader of the White Fang because his leadership would severely damage sympathy with the Faunus. Which lacks a little because of the ineffectiveness in showing their discrimination.

Would like to go into another Faunus rant, but I will now go and watch another show.

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33754102 - 2 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain 

I actually want to point one thing here. Adam did not become  not suitable for WF leader on his own. It was the writers fault for writing him like that. They had the chance to make him be morally grey character that is willing to do anything for the fanus but they made him into a psychotic -ex hence making him a burden for the show which resulted in his hasty death. 

If they went with the mentor/student angle with Adam and Blake they could have epic clash of ideas in Atlas where Faunus were supposed to be truly oppressed.

There showing his SDC brand would make sense and have an effect. Here it was just tying up lose ends. 

• BakedBrain

#33754120 - 2 months ago

Whatever the authors planned, they did not set up a sophisticated political construction and it is not easy.

Universal suppression of Faunus would taint Oz who quite likely was king of Vale and in consequence the very founder of the current political order. Depending on the setup in Atlas it will fall back on two-seat Ironwood, who in case of organized trampling on humanoid rights will be at least guilty of dereliction of duty.

The authors did not have the guts to show organized suppression. In this case it should have been normal people and people with authority to exert the discriminiation. Teachers, students (normal ones, not certified bully-assholes, captain and/or crew of the ship). The case for discrimination is totally destroyed by the fact that there is no difference in the behaviour of people towards Blake when she does wear her bow and when she does not.

To justify violence the discrimination has to reach at least 70s South African proportions, which would cost some screentime to show. Organized discrimination carried out by authorities, not a bully pulling rabbit ears who would have pulled a yawn-normal human hair plait just as well.

The level of discrimination shown (like none) does not have enough power for a gray Adam.

I do not believe that RT is into real gray characters, in genlock the "Union" is also portrayed as quite evil. 

• Kira_Tsukasa

Kira_Tsukasa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gundam Pilot

#33754176 - 2 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain

GenLock is very much a religion vs science debate, where the "good guys" are all-natural humans and the "bad guys" have a strong reliance on technology. It's much more subtle than RWBY's "Look! Lesbians!", but it's there. I still watch it because I recognize Grey's love of mech anime being poured into it, but it's another clear indication that RT does not know how to be politically unbiased in their productions.

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33754203 - 2 months ago

In reply to Kira_Tsukasa

Yep. It is pretty sad nowadays.

• BakedBrain

#33754211 - 2 months ago

In reply to Kira_Tsukasa

I cannot see the religion vs. science aspect. They are both relying on technology.

But as of now the two factions are depicted with an enormous ethical contrast.

The Union has a black/red colour scheme, they are attacking, using creepy means (nanobots) and are also depersonalized, you do not see any faces.

The Vanguard has a colourful/light colour scheme on the holons, shown missions are mostly rescuing refugees, which is even primary measure of success. This is very nice, but lacks credibility, who would gamble his main force to rescue some dozens of civilians. They would all be occupied with holding the line/fighting retreat.

I do not see much room for a moral gray zone.