Forums > RWBY

question

Posts (4)

• Death-BattleFan

Death-BattleFan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33755128 - 4 months ago

Hey guys,

I'm a new First member just diving into RWBY (currently on Volume 2) and it's great.  Is it necessary to read the other media like the manga as well as the game or can you watch just the show on it's own merits.  It's a shame that Monty Oum passed as the fight scenes so far are incredible,  but it will be interesting to see how the animators handle Volumes 3-6.  I'm sure they did a pretty good job.  Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and post my two cents

• Velrak

Velrak

#33755134 - 4 months ago

In reply to rt-201903020240331977093

Welcome to the show and the community !

You can stick to the Volumes, they contain like 90% of all the canon material. 

As a complement, I would highly recommend the World of Remnant videos (they are officially part of the Volumes, essentially between V2 and V4), the Character Shorts (one before V4, three before V5 and one before V6) as well as the full soundtracks.

I would also highly recommend RWBY Chibi but only after you finished V3 !

You can also read the manga and novels, I heard they were very good (those are quite recent).

• Death-BattleFan

Death-BattleFan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33755170 - 4 months ago

Hey thanks...so the 10%. that you're talking about would be the World of Remnant videos plus the character shorts?

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33755171 - 4 months ago

In reply to rt-201903020240331977093

Pretty much. I've read most of the manga and while there is nothing in them that contradict the canon, none of it really advances the story or reveals a new and important detail either. They provide a bit of extra insight into the characters and tons of funny moments. If you can find them at a local library or feel like spending some extra money on them they are definitely worth a read, but story-wise you won't be missing out on anything.