Forums > RWBY

S7 and Qrow so you bring Vic back before you get sued due to force and faked info

Posts (44)

• Pizz001

Pizz001

#33756744 - 3 months ago

So , being that its now being shown that all the info against Vic has been faked and Sony HR even cleared him, all the funimation info was faked its reasons to remove him was due to a plot by others and one of them over a Jelly bean ...a jelly bean thats a total joke ,

i take it your be checking nicks stream or may getting your own copy's due to firing him on misleading info 

he should be coming back as Qrow as i really hope you don't make the mistake of thinking your clean in this ..

the only way to clean yourself is to rehire Vic as Qrow , 

you know he'll do it and the main point is the fans back it 

as you're only just started or i think your find Rwby not being your flag ship show anymore 

and your start to bleed like funimation has in a big way 

Bring back the real Qrow for the fans 

• Pizz001

Pizz001

#33756745 - 3 months ago

PS i hope this is not removed as i've taken a pic and checked i've broken no rules in anyway as fair as i can tell 

• CY9298

CY9298

#33756746 - 3 months ago

It's still here. And I strongly agree with you. #WeStandWithVic

• Velrak

Velrak

#33756747 - 3 months ago

In reply to Pizz001

I also think Vic should be rehired as Qrow. Of course I will still wait for the lawsuits to end but at this point I don't see how this will change my current opinion. I used to love RWBY, I'm still attached to it but this Vic affair and how RT will act regarding it will heavily impact if I continue to support the show or not.

Good thing you created this thread by the way, there was a previous one talking about the Vic situation that got deleted... I don't know why but I have two theories.

In reply to CY9298

Hum, your profile pic and username reminds me of someone :)

But yeah, #WeStandWithVic.

• CY9298

CY9298

#33756751 - 3 months ago

In reply to Velrak I can actually answer that question about the previous thread. This was probably one of your theories, but my previous account was deleted. They sent me an email about a month ago telling me the following: 
    "You have continued to post comments about Vic Mignogna in both the Backwardz Compatible stream and in the RT Podcast chat last night despite our requests for you to stop and move those conversations elsewhere. We are deleting your account as you have continued to ignore our requests to follow community etiquette and keep controversial topics in the appropriate areas on our community site.

Sincerely,
    The Rooster Teeth Community Team"

• Pizz001

Pizz001

#33756752 - 3 months ago

hi 

sorry for the few odd spelling mistakes, 

but i'm recovering from a op to fix 3 disc's in my neck and the painkillers are on the heavy side so please be with that :)

@Velrak i feel the same i've been watching the 1st few seasons again as i'm stuck in bed as to be honest i can't see anyone else playing him, also i do believe tonight on nicks show were going to get huge real answers showing what been going on unless they had more discovery like last night,

i think rooster teeth could save itself a lot of cost and problems, by one simple move bring vic back , even vic wants to come back even after whats happened , i'll say he's a better man then myself as i'd be "cry havoc and unleash the dogs of war"

yet he has told Ty not to do that even with all the info that's slowly coming out 

@CY9298 yeah i agree with Velrak

but back to the topic as i said above rooster teeth will save itself a lot of cost and problems, by one simple move bring Vic back. as if the info i've read before this post is right you we're mislead unfairly, no i'd think from a fans point of view that can be forgivable ie you were told something , it was a mistake , but to be safe you act on it in a better way than funimation , once again that i believe most true fans could understand 

all staff should be safe at work so you acted on that mistaken info 

and as a true fan i even posted on twitter when you had sales on that you lost over £200.00+ in sales to me alone and i spent my money else where, 

unlike a fly by night fan i'm even willing to scan plus email my receipts and bah i really wanted a few odd things out of it like even the dog lead as i've just gotten a German shepherd puppy and a Qrow figure plus a few other things 

i think if you were to offer your hand to Vic he would take it and be forgiving towards you after talking to Ty

which would save you a lot in fee's and time and in fact make you money , ie your lawyer costs would drop like mad and you'd have myself and other fans buying again

so please take a moment and think about it 

once again i have checked screen pic'd this and checked i'm not breaking the forum rules by posting this .. 

i'm trying to help us both here, plus i can even understand your reasoning as i own a IT company now and before that worked for 15+ years doing SFX for films as a Pyrotechnician and yes i am credited on a good few films you've heard off, where safety always came first

Thanks

also please to all other posters remember to be nice it was Vic's wish 

Pizz001

• Pizz001

Pizz001

#33756753 - 3 months ago

In reply to CY9298

In reply to Velrak I can actually answer that question about the previous thread. This was probably one of your theories, but my previous account was deleted. They sent me an email about a month ago telling me the following: 
    "You have continued to post comments about Vic Mignogna in both the Backwardz Compatible stream and in the RT Podcast chat last night despite our requests for you to stop and move those conversations elsewhere. We are deleting your account as you have continued to ignore our requests to follow community etiquette and keep controversial topics in the appropriate areas on our community site.

Sincerely,
    The Rooster Teeth Community Team"

well if we post in here and keep it chilli'ed as vic wish , hopefully your account will be safe as at the moment we have broken no rules and this is about rwby , plus i'm screen pic'ing each post when i get told thiers a new one or i'm checking 

also , Nick and \Ty have just post  on twitter saying
    "We have been in Touch"   ;)     
    so i think we will see the truth come out on the show   bah means no sleep for me as in uk , but i'll be up follow it  

• CY9298

CY9298

#33756766 - 3 months ago

Well, the stream happened, and apparently he's only suing Funimation. I don't know why he's not going after Rooster Teeth, because that would be a much easier win in my book

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33756772 - 3 months ago

In reply to CY9298

He'd have to be able to prove damages or a violation of civil law, and I don't think he's got the grounds for either. As I understood it RT simply didn't renew his contract instead of firing him so that makes it harder for him to argue he was fired unfairly and they never made any allegations against him, just reacted to other allegations, so he can't call slander or libel. He doesn't have grounds for a civil suit against them.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33756773 - 3 months ago

In reply to CY9298

That was the theory I didn't want to hear... But the RT podcasts are something different than the RT forums right ? Were they refering to your thread by "RT podcast" ?

I hope the forums are what they labelled as "appropriate areas". Generally speaking, the "community etiquette" is quite followed in my opinion. We shall see with this one.

In reply to CY9298

I have yet to watch the stream but I'm not surprised if Vic does not go after RT because from what I have understood, firms in Texas can legally fire someone without having to justify it... On the other hand, Fumination is probably sued for their "investigation" part, something different from the firing aspect. But I have to watch the stream, I could be wrong.

I'm not expecting anything between RT and Vic on the legal side but rather on the moral one (after the lawsuits are over). Of course, we still don't know why RT fired him (and we won't ever know I think). This could be an entire different story compared to Fumination but my opinion is that it is extremely unlikely given what we indeed got about the Fumination part. I have been given all the reasons to believe that Vic is a genuinely nice guy and that what happened to him actually comes from jealousy, vengeance and maybe even hate... Again, I won't be ok with RT remaining silent about this especially after the lawsuits. I know I don't have the power to force RT to rehire Vic or at least having them making a public statement about Vic and how they apologize or continue to support him.

But I have the power to decide to stop watching RWBY, as anyone else.

I can only speak for myself but my attachment to RWBY, though very strong, is not stronger that my moral ethics. If RT think I will simply be mad for some weeks if they don't rehire Vic and that I will eventually keep on watching RWBY despite everything, they are completely mistaken.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33756776 - 3 months ago

So just to put this out there but the president of RT is stepping down its sudden and he doesnt have a replacement.

From those who look at things this looks like it is backlash against Vic filling a lawsuit.

So chances are high that is what is going on.

So I dont think RT will be sued by Vic and instead it will be used as evidence against funimation and Monica who in the lawsuit papers are said to have used the 3 sony investigation, which are complete bs from what I have seen, and used the weight of Funimation Sony to convince other studios to drop him.

Which makes sense if you are told by a Funimation employee that Sony is doing an investigation and its serious enough that Funimation is dropping Vic right after the Broly movie you too will think long and hard about keeping him.

And most places couldnt take the risk.

That turns out to be a lie from everything we have seen which I am VERY curious to see how this whole ball got started.

Also something to keep in mind they may not be by LAW able to rehire Vic right now. He filled a lawsuit against Funimation and Monica which Monica is on contract for RT VA work so this might fall under conflict of interest.

I am a little murky but I suggest not taking them rehiring Vic while the court case is going as anything due to the fact there maybe Legal reasons they cant.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#33756777 - 3 months ago

Copying most of this from the Vic journal, since it's become relevant here as well. New stuff from my original post there is at the bottom.

Rooster Teeth are not named as co-defendants, which means they will not be sued over this. There are three possible reasons for this:

1. RT and Vic parted on good terms;
    2. They parted bitterly but RT didn't do anything wrong, and so there is no case;
    3. RT has information that Vic doesn't want entered into evidence.

One of the claims in the case is Tortious Interference with Existing Contracts. Phoenix Fan Fusion, Rangerstop, Anime NYC, Anime Milwaukee, Kawaiicon, Kamehacon, and Ancient City Con are all mentioned by name on page 5 of the suit as affected contracts. If Monica Rial's claims were the reason Vic was released from Rooster Teeth, then that would be another existing contract that was affected. Rooster Teeth would have been mentioned as not just one of the contracts that were interfered with, but the first such contract. They aren't. That means one of two things:

1. Monica Rial had nothing to do with RT letting him go; or
    2. RT has information that Vic doesn't want entered into evidence.

Another claim is Civil Conspiracy. From the text: "The Defendants conspired and acted in concert to defame Vic, interfere with his existing contracts, [. . .] and each knowingly assisted and participated in the other's actions." RT is not a defendant in this case, which they would be if they fired Vic in concert with Funimation's alleged attempt to ruin him. So either:

1. RT didn't do anything wrong; or
    2. RT has information that Vic doesn't want entered into evidence.

What all of that comes together to mean is that one of two things must have happened. Either

1. Rooster Teeth let Vic go for their own reasons that had nothing to do with what's going on here, in which case all of the ire and hatred being directed at Rooster Teeth is misplaced because RT has nothing to do with this; or
    2. Rooster Teeth let Vic go because he did exactly what he's been accused of, and they have damning evidence of it that Vic wants to keep away from the lawsuit because it would sink his case - in which case all of the ire and hatred being directed at Rooster Teeth is misplaced because Vic did what people say he did.

Either way, the fact that Rooster Teeth is not mentioned anywhere in the text of the lawsuit - not as a co-defendant, not as a lost contract, not even as a timeline reference - means that all the talk about RT having done something wrong here is ...well, wrong. I have made a point of not taking a side on whether Vic did what he's accused of, and I will continue to remain impartial on the matter, but the text of the suit - and RT's complete absence from it - makes it perfectly clear that one way or the other, Rooster Teeth did not do anything wrong.

Keep in mind as well, a suit being filed does not automatically mean that the allegations within the suit are correct. The suit being filed only means Vic and his lawyers claim the things within the suit happened as alleged. It is up to the legal system to determine whether that is true. The tweets and actions taken by Funimation are a matter of public record (as is the text of the court filing), so guilt in this case will be determined by proving motive.

@revanninja

As for Ezra stepping down, first of all of course there is a replacement in line, we just don't know who it is because we don't need to. Second, if it had to do with the lawsuit, Rooster Teeth would have been mentioned in it in some way - you don't step down from being CEO as a response to a court case you're not part of. There is no evidence that Ezra stepping down has anything to do with the lawsuit. Things happen in proximity to each other all the time.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33756781 - 3 months ago

In reply to DiMono

No you are flat out wrong Dimono

In the interim while we look for a replacement for my role, my direct reports will report to Matt.

Quoted from his post on it.

So they are by his words looking for a replacement for his role. AKA they dont have a replacement in line at all.

Also YES people do in fact step down when it looks like they could be connected it happens all the time in the business world.

And yes things happen in proximity of each other all the time they also more often then not ARE connected but the people who do it dont want people to connect the dots.

This is actually pretty common in the business world in fact.

Also there is a flaw with your argument which is size lawsuits can and do get broken up into smaller sizes this one is focused on funimation and people connected to it.

Its not unheard of for this to happen especially since if they prove one case they can then chain down or up onto other cases.

Especially if one case is much easier to prove then another and the proven case can be used as weight to further arguments of cases for other later suits.

Now I dont think Vic is going after RT as instead he is going after Funimation due to them basically blacklisting him and doing a lot of other things to him such as removing his credited scenes and so forth. Yeah Broly? He isnt credited at all for it in the DVD.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756782 - 3 months ago

In reply to CY9298

Well, the stream happened, and apparently he's only suing Funimation. I don't know why he's not going after Rooster Teeth, because that would be a much easier win in my book

Because RT was pressured into it and was only really involved at the periphery. They also did not make an official statement one way or the other, AND the president of the company stepped down.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#33756784 - 3 months ago

I forgot that part of his post. My mistake.

As for chaining lawsuits, that happens for different accusations only. You can't sue one group for doing a thing, then sue another group for doing that same thing. What you're describing is choosing a subset of the charges which would have to be proven in court to be used as evidence for another suit. In this case, there isn't another charge coming; he's suing the selected defendants for everything all at once. And RT isn't anywhere to be found in the 27 pages of the lawsuit. Someone from RT might be called to testify, but they're not being sued.

And again, you don't resign because some other company is being sued. The only person who knows whether Ezra's journal about his reason for stepping down was truthful is him.

• revanninja

#33756786 - 3 months ago

In reply to DiMono

Except one of the charges is conspiracy and that can actually do that. That is in fact part and parcel of it. 

And yes actually you can sue both groups for doing something if its illegal that is part of the law and even what Vics case is based on. 

And again YOU dont know there isnt another charge or lawsuit coming that takes time.

Again YES actually people do it all the time they have a chance of getting implicated they resign for sudden reasons. Its very common in business world especially if it brings shame to the company or causes issues.

By the way this is JUST like foreshadowing this is well known and discussed in law classes which is where I know this from. It was business law 101 if there is an allegation lawsuit or something that has even a CHANCE of being connected to a company and suddenly a high rank employee does a sudden retirement most times they are connected. 

So no you are wrong Dimono.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756787 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I am guessing the resignation was part of a settlement deal

• revanninja

#33756788 - 3 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

I dont know myself it could be just the higher ups were not happy about how it was handled recall RT is owned by Fullscreen and put pressure for them to clean up their mess and so the best option was to reset the board so to speak.

Its possible it was some kind of deal or a deal was struck and the upper management didnt think it was enough.

We will probably never know for sure to be honest but its very suspect in timing and the fact Vic is connected to RT and he lost his contract due to Funimation and so forth.

• MichaelHalpe

#33756789 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I doubt we will ever know, these things are best handled quietly as possible

• Pizz001

Pizz001

#33756802 - 3 months ago

i'm not going to call out some people as that wrong  , but RT my not be in the 1st round, as they are in discovery now, after the 1st round of discovery , if a email or contact between anyone in the 1st round is found ..then in fact and this was pointed out on nicks show, it means they are 

as nick said its like one wave hitting the next wave , 

then they go fore round 2 of discovery , and their could even be a 3 or 4 rounds ... 

so saying now that RT may not have known is well to early to say 

also timing of stuff is to odd in a lot of things 

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33756814 - 3 months ago

In reply to CY9298

Hey man. Sorry about the loss of your account.

To be really honest, I hope Vic doesn't come back to voice as Qrow again after all of this shenanigan. There is a chance that Qrow won't be much of a use in Vol 7 and onward, and I won't be surprised if they either push him off to the sideline, written him off out of existence, or kill him off entirely.

Also his own fighting style is nothing special now.

• CY9298

CY9298

#33756935 - 2 months ago

I don't know if any of you have seen these tweets, but certain reactors have been calling me delusional for supporting Vic Mignogna and for tweeting to Rooster Teeth asking that he be rehired. So I'd like to ask you all something, and please answer honestly: Am I delusional?

• revanninja

#33756940 - 2 months ago

In reply to CY9298

No I dont think you are.

I dont know what RT is going to do seeing as the more you hear about the allegations against vic the more it looks like its stuff being wildly blown out of proportions.

I dont know if they can rehire him at this point and time due to possible conflict of interest and so forth.

• DiMono

#33756944 - 2 months ago

In reply to CY9298

I don't think you're delusional. You're free to support whomever you want based on the information at your disposal, and there's nothing wrong with asking RT to rehire Vic as long as you're polite about it. Just keep in mind that you may be wrong.

The fact of the matter is we don't know why RT released Vic from his contract, and we likely never will. I find it unlikely that it was the allegations currently being tossed around on social media, since those same allegations were raised as a concern when they first hired Vic and RT seemed okay with them at that time. That means it's probably something else we don't know about, and they're certainly not going to tell us. That also means that the outcome of the court case(s?) is unlikely to change their mind, so I doubt we will see Vic in an RT production again. However, just as I suggested to you, I am aware that I might be wrong about that. It's my opinion based on the facts (and lack thereof) at my disposal.

• CY9298

CY9298

#33756948 - 2 months ago

I agree that we probably will never find out why they fired him, but I feel like it was because of these allegations. Multiple people that work with Rooster Teeth have actually straight up stated on their Twitter accounts that this was the case. Some examples: Miles Luna, Casey Lee Williams, Jen Brown, Shannon McCormick, Chris Sabat, and (possibly) Barbara Dunkelman