Forums > RWBY

S7 and Qrow so you bring Vic back before you get sued due to force and faked info

Posts (33)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33756951 - 1 month ago

In reply to CY9298

In reply to DiMono

Chances are good it is the Allegations because this kicked up again and suddenly Sony funiamation let him go and RT did as well.

Its a little different when rumors and so forth are saying something vs when a major company does so. It gives it more weight and we know from released documents as well as what the people involved have been saying there was an investigation so that adds more credibility to the whole thing.

Now that said what has been said about the investigation makes me wonder what in the world is going on as the things listed is a Jelly Bean, an inapporiate contact, and a kiss. 

The Jelly bean was Monica wrote her name on it and Vic ate as a joke and said he ate Monica which from things I have heard the Jelly bean was not sexual in nature and instead someone joking about Vic being poisoned by the Ink sort of thing.

The contact Vic denies outright and considering there has already been photos of cosplayers people have tried to use which the cosplayers themselves have said no it was requested or asked of Vic by the cosplayer I think this is more of the same.

As for the Kiss Vic does say that happened but it was consensual between him and a coworker which I think it happened at a con and Cons get up to weird stuff sometimes.

Also none of the allegations are new the Jelly bean which is part of the official investigation for example is from 6 years ago and as Sony themselves say in it not on one of their events or places.

Its very odd especially the timing as Vic got the Broly part which has been a very well received Dragon Ball movie.

And the outcome of the case may in fact highly likely change their mind if RT was Lied to. From my understanding and I think this is outlined in the case several people such as Monica for example are said to have used their influence and position in Funiamtion to put pressure to get Vic removed from his contracts.

If this is proven in court and is the reason why Vic was fired then yes RT will probably change their minds.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33756954 - 1 month ago

In reply to CY9298

I don't think you are delusional at all.

Either for supporting Vic or for asking RT to rehire him. 

It could take some time before RT can hire him back (if they want to) but you absolutely have the right to ask for it especially since RT has given us no reason to understand why they fired him precisely when the allegations went viral. If it came out of nowhere, I guess we would have been shocked but had no choice but to accept it. But the timing of their decision is too suspect to not be considered and changes the story.

If Vic is proven innocent and RT doesn't rehire him and remain silent about it, I can almost guarantee that Vic won't be the one suffering from this situation...

If Vic is proven innocent and RT doesn't rehire him but somehow publicly states why, we shall see... But I highly doubt this outcome will come true.

If Vic is proven innocent and RT rehires him, then it would be for the best I think. RT would not have to justify it either but they even shouldn't in my opinion. I dare to think this is their plan.

If Vic is proven guilty, then of course RT will come out as being right from the start (but the likelihood of this outcome is ridiculously close to zero).

• Velrak

Velrak

#33756955 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

Agreed

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#33756956 - 1 month ago

In reply to Velrak

The problem with trying to predict how a case will turn out is that you don't know the details. You know what's in the public filing, if you've read it, but that filing necessarily does not include any evidence that would incriminate him, nor anything confidential that can only be revealed in court. A lawyer friend of mine said that Vic's lawsuit may not even pass an anti-SLAPP challenge, since Funimation and the others involved can claim they were commenting on a public figure to make people aware that they believed him to be a danger to the public

Court cases have a lot of moving parts, and we as outside observers only get to see a tiny portion of them.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33756957 - 1 month ago

In reply to DiMono

I don't think you friend is correct I have seen at least 4 separate lawyers comment on this and all say Vic has some serious ground to stand on.

The issue right away with claims it was to protect the people is the pure aggression anyone even questioning it has been met with. Like Monica has flat out said she wanted Vic head on a platter.

I don't think a danger to the public is a valid argument considering the behavior they as a whole have done.

The court case has a lot of moving parts is true though the tiny portion isn't as accurate considering how public it's become.

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33756964 - 1 month ago

In reply to CY9298 You're not man.

I saw many of their tweets, and I am pretty sad to see it happen.

I honestly don't want Vic to be rehired after all of this mess,

• CY9298

CY9298

#33756977 - 1 month ago

Well, looks like we were too late anyway. Recording for Volume 7 started

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756996 - 1 month ago

In reply to CY9298

Things happen