Forums > RWBY

S7 and Qrow so you bring Vic back before you get sued due to force and faked info

Posts (44)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33756951 - 2 months ago

In reply to CY9298

In reply to DiMono

Chances are good it is the Allegations because this kicked up again and suddenly Sony funiamation let him go and RT did as well.

Its a little different when rumors and so forth are saying something vs when a major company does so. It gives it more weight and we know from released documents as well as what the people involved have been saying there was an investigation so that adds more credibility to the whole thing.

Now that said what has been said about the investigation makes me wonder what in the world is going on as the things listed is a Jelly Bean, an inapporiate contact, and a kiss. 

The Jelly bean was Monica wrote her name on it and Vic ate as a joke and said he ate Monica which from things I have heard the Jelly bean was not sexual in nature and instead someone joking about Vic being poisoned by the Ink sort of thing.

The contact Vic denies outright and considering there has already been photos of cosplayers people have tried to use which the cosplayers themselves have said no it was requested or asked of Vic by the cosplayer I think this is more of the same.

As for the Kiss Vic does say that happened but it was consensual between him and a coworker which I think it happened at a con and Cons get up to weird stuff sometimes.

Also none of the allegations are new the Jelly bean which is part of the official investigation for example is from 6 years ago and as Sony themselves say in it not on one of their events or places.

Its very odd especially the timing as Vic got the Broly part which has been a very well received Dragon Ball movie.

And the outcome of the case may in fact highly likely change their mind if RT was Lied to. From my understanding and I think this is outlined in the case several people such as Monica for example are said to have used their influence and position in Funiamtion to put pressure to get Vic removed from his contracts.

If this is proven in court and is the reason why Vic was fired then yes RT will probably change their minds.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33756954 - 2 months ago

In reply to CY9298

I don't think you are delusional at all.

Either for supporting Vic or for asking RT to rehire him. 

It could take some time before RT can hire him back (if they want to) but you absolutely have the right to ask for it especially since RT has given us no reason to understand why they fired him precisely when the allegations went viral. If it came out of nowhere, I guess we would have been shocked but had no choice but to accept it. But the timing of their decision is too suspect to not be considered and changes the story.

If Vic is proven innocent and RT doesn't rehire him and remain silent about it, I can almost guarantee that Vic won't be the one suffering from this situation...

If Vic is proven innocent and RT doesn't rehire him but somehow publicly states why, we shall see... But I highly doubt this outcome will come true.

If Vic is proven innocent and RT rehires him, then it would be for the best I think. RT would not have to justify it either but they even shouldn't in my opinion. I dare to think this is their plan.

If Vic is proven guilty, then of course RT will come out as being right from the start (but the likelihood of this outcome is ridiculously close to zero).

• Velrak

Velrak

#33756955 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Agreed

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#33756956 - 2 months ago

In reply to Velrak

The problem with trying to predict how a case will turn out is that you don't know the details. You know what's in the public filing, if you've read it, but that filing necessarily does not include any evidence that would incriminate him, nor anything confidential that can only be revealed in court. A lawyer friend of mine said that Vic's lawsuit may not even pass an anti-SLAPP challenge, since Funimation and the others involved can claim they were commenting on a public figure to make people aware that they believed him to be a danger to the public

Court cases have a lot of moving parts, and we as outside observers only get to see a tiny portion of them.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33756957 - 2 months ago

In reply to DiMono

I don't think you friend is correct I have seen at least 4 separate lawyers comment on this and all say Vic has some serious ground to stand on.

The issue right away with claims it was to protect the people is the pure aggression anyone even questioning it has been met with. Like Monica has flat out said she wanted Vic head on a platter.

I don't think a danger to the public is a valid argument considering the behavior they as a whole have done.

The court case has a lot of moving parts is true though the tiny portion isn't as accurate considering how public it's become.

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33756964 - 2 months ago

In reply to CY9298 You're not man.

I saw many of their tweets, and I am pretty sad to see it happen.

I honestly don't want Vic to be rehired after all of this mess,

• CY9298

CY9298

#33756977 - 2 months ago

Well, looks like we were too late anyway. Recording for Volume 7 started

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756996 - 2 months ago

In reply to CY9298

Things happen

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33758466 - 1 month ago

So actual lawyers who aren't anecdotal "I totes have real lawyer friends who agree with me 100%" shadow people are looking at the case now. And Vic's case could be looking better. joy

https://twitter.com/RickSandersLaw/status/1136417070646775808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1136417070646775808&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fprettyuglylittleliar.net%2F%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Ftwitter.com%252FRickSandersLaw%252Fstatus%252F1136417070646775808

"Tip to attorneys and clients who push them to do dumb things: assume that your demand letters will get leaked. (As an aside, if something’s literally impossible, then saying someone is or did it isn’t defamatory b/c no one would believe it.)"

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1136669877635297281

Who is Vic? And why does he have a moron representing him on a bumptious defamation claim?

https://twitter.com/AkivaMCohen/status/1136659612512522240
    "Rakieta appears to have the legal skills of a three month deceased baby giraffe (something the number of other lawyers dunking on him right now should be giving you a clue about) . Stop taking advice from him."

https://twitter.com/NickRekieta/status/1136681984347058176
    "My friend, the Texas Damages Mitigation Act does not require anyone to send a retraction letter claiming that constitutionally protected opinion and metaphor (which cannot as a matter of law be defamatory) was defamatory. If you know that and are posturing for your donors ...

Then you are a grifter and a disgrace to the bar, and should be disbarred. If you *don't* know that, then you are too ignorant to practice in this area, and should shut up. Either way, you should be ashamed.
    "

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1136711467418497026

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1137026681531768832?s=20

"Example 1: the idea that the TDMA required them to make the argument about "piece of shit" being defamatory. It doesn't. It required them to identify all false and defamatory statements. There are no circumstances in which "piece of shit" could ever be a defamatory statement."

"Lawyers follow other lawyers on Twitter. When something as comically wrong as the "saying he's a piece of shit is defamatory because my client is not fecal matter" thing comes around at the right time, people notice. And get curious to see if the rest of the case is as bad."

"As it turns out, the rest of the case wasn't as bad. But that's only because *nothing* is as bad. (The "saying someone is a piece of shit" line is the kind of thing that gets used in tort classes as an illustration of "things that can never be defamation.")"

And some of these exceprts from Vic's "case" man... I am dying here! XD
    https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1137043676209864706
    D8el435WsAUjvcn.jpg
    D8eBM1xX4AAETUq.jpg

And apparently Vic's laywer tried to doxx someone for questioning his legal prowess. Real smooth. 

https://twitter.com/GeneralASC/status/1136853294771367936

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1136987440088961025

• revanninja

#33758474 - 1 month ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

Riiiiiight its not like people werent just caught creating False legal documents for Ty Beard's law firm oh wait they were.

And those screenshots? The faked documents. 

The REAL documents can be actually viewed in the texas court documents. You do have to pay to see them which has nothing to do with Vic or anything like that to be clear rather its the Texas state that has that set up.

Its not like Ron and Monica's lawyer has gotten asked by the Judge of the case why they continue to use twitter to attack Vic and been told he, the lawyer, said he asked them not to. And they continue anyway.

Its not like Rekita is NOT Vic's lawyer and its actually Ty Beard as Rekita is not liscensed to pratice law in Texas. Oh wait it is Ty beard and Rekita is just commenting on the case as someone uninvolved.

Its not like they tried to get both Ty and Nick disbarred over false claims...oh wait they did do that and so far none of them have worked.

Its not like people have been saying things about the law they clearly dont understand and then surprised when the actual Lawyer's know what they are doing. Nor even really researching the case as one of your own pieces of evidence shows. Kind of strange to critique a case without researching it in my book.

Its not like Jamie Marchi was avoiding being served papers oh wait she was and she even tried to make it funny and yes she did get served despite her best efforts.

Its not Like the whole Vic was a teacher and harrassed people thing turned out to be not true as the school that was claimed flat out said it wasnt true because he never worked for them and the photo's of him are actually photoshopped.

Its not like one of the pieces of evidence a website collecting vic stories called horror stories of vic I think it was called got deleted by the owner when Ron and Monica used it as evidence for the court case. Oh wait that did happen. Like Right after the legal documents of their response went public.

Its also not like Anime news network tried to copyright strike Hero hei when he was reporting on this Youtube overturned it and then tried to continue to threaten Hero when he let people know. Oh Wait that DID happen.

Clearly its looking bad as more and more Kickvic things go down the drain and proven false, the people who accused him are ducking legal documents that the courts are trying to send them and countless other things that show Vic's case clearly has legs to stand on.

Riiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhttttttttttt

Oh and no he did not try to Doxx anyone he just asked who are these random people that came out of nowhere throwing clearly uninformed legal advice at the case and insulting me can the farm, the people on stream, find out. He wasnt trying to Doxx anyone he was just like who the heck are these people.

May not be the smartest choice of words on stream I will grant but he wasnt trying to doxx anyone at all.

At this point and time the court case against Ron and Monica has begun its still in the opening from my understanding but it will soon pick up speed. I would say probably in the next 2 months this will be over one way or the other on that since this is not a criminal court case.

Funimation is finally responding as well which was to say not true on all accounts. Not really surprised that one may take longer or it could be faster hard to say.

But chances are good by the end of this year all these court cases will most likely be finished.

So let us let the court figure this out instead of posting in a thread that hasnt been active in more then a month.

• CY9298

CY9298

#33758911 - 1 month ago

I'm still here. https://www.change.org/p/rooster-teeth-delay-rwby-volume-7

• Velrak

Velrak

#33758989 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to CY9298

I think this petition is a good initiative. Like the GoT petition, I don't think it will end up being true but the real goal is to deliver a message and here it is a message of support to RT. If they hear from it, I hope they will understand this is the message.

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33759057 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to CY9298

I sign the petition. I hope RT can learn it whether they delay it or decided to release Vol 7 on time regardless.

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33759195 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to CY9298

You should check RWBY volume 6 banner cover Itune page. Notice the lack of Qrow?

Hero Hei made a video about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33759239 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to HokutoYangSoup

You are reading too much into it, there's a lot of characters

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33759242 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

https://drive.google.com/open?...

Try convincing me again after seeing this and checking the itune page yourself, not including the website version.

It wouldn't matter much if it weren't for the vic fiasco and there is already been an incident where vic name credit got removed months ago by funimation.

Not to mention the lawsuit and civil case is still going.

You can tell me to fuck off in a nice way like you did in the previous thread, I won't stop you.

• MichaelHalpe

#33759260 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to HokutoYangSoup

The thing is that RT is only peripherally involved. They were given and acted upon bad info which they cannot correct until after legal proceedings conclude. In addition, outside of the score, the only part of the soundtrack that relates to his character would be Big Metal Shoe, and that references all the fairy tales and nursery rhymes. As for vol 6 itself, he had a relatively minor role, with Maria taking much of the role he has had in previous volumes, and with such a large cast of characters, including him in all official vol 6 artwork just doesn't make sense.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33759263 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Neo, Cinder, Salem etc... They certainly did not have less of an impact in V6 than Qrow. Yet they didn't appear on the official cover. Qrow did so why remove him now ? Neo has even a song.

It just seems very odd to remove him to say the least... I don't know why it happened but something for sure is that I don't appreciate the move.

• MichaelHalpe

#33759318 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Velrak

The official cover I believe was made before the Vic fiasco plus the antagonists are important, the fact they were less prominent in the cover alludes to how prominent they were in the volume