Forums > Screen Play

MBC#8 CLERKS

Posts (14)

• JJ

JJ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17094500 - 4 years ago

Movie Book Club: CLERKS

• Rae

Rae FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17094657 - 4 years ago

37 dicks.

• drew

drew

#17095137 - 4 years ago

In reply to Rae, #3:

^.......in a row? o.O

• drew

drew

#17095148 - 4 years ago

an indie film turned hit franchise built upon essentially the same underlying principal as RoosterTeeth.....I just want to make shit with my friends and have fun. XD

tumblr_mlnlfn1TvK1s4ad0oo1_500.gif

• JJ

JJ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17095707 - 4 years ago

the camerwork in this movie is so-so but the dialogue is soooooo fucking good

• drew

drew

#17095714 - 4 years ago

In reply to JJ, #6:

camerawork? o.O

.....the camera doesn't move in a Kevin Smith movie until Chasing Amy! XD

• JJ

#17095719 - 4 years ago

In reply to drew, #7:

good point

• drew

drew

#17095729 - 4 years ago

In reply to JJ, #8:

but the dialog is pretty heady concoction of foul mouth monologues and quick witted arguments.

• snailkit

snailkit FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17096060 - 4 years ago

In reply to JJ, #6:

I dunno, JJ...Smith gets some serious mileage out of consciously-framed closeups of, say, Dante's hand picking up some keys. Really helps to enhance the focus on minutiae. Pretty well-executed for a first-timer back in the 90's, if a bit utilitarian

(The hockey scene, on the other hand...less said about that, the better. Goddamn thing's shot like a music video for Berserker.)

• Blutonian

Blutonian FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Tech Guardian

#17097901 - 4 years ago

My love for you is like a truck BERSERKER!
    Would you like some making fuck BERSERKER!

• hydra38811

hydra38811

#17098809 - 4 years ago

OOOOO, NAVY SEALS!!!!

They didn't mention the part in the alternate ending where after the credits roll Kevin Smith walks up to the counter (not as Silent Bob), looks at Dante's dead body behind the counter, grabs a pack of smokes, and just walks out.

• blakesean

blakesean

#17190725 - 4 years ago

I actually like the camerawork in Clerks. It's very minimalistic and not distracting at all, which I sometimes prefer. Honestly, I don't even know if you could move the camera effectively in Clerks, where would it go? @jj

• KieferS

KieferS

#17217300 - 4 years ago

I'm so late for this but I'd just like to mention that the continuous and long takes that are dialogue driven are what makes this movie IMO. It sets the whole tone of the film as though it's just a long and drawn out day for them no matter what they do.

• blakesean

blakesean

#17227149 - 4 years ago

That's one of the best things (and worst things) about Kevin Smith, is that he's so inspiration!