Forums > Screen Play

MBC - Community recommendations

Posts (91)

• khurram_89

khurram_89 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nerf herder

#17307422 - 4 years ago

In reply to JJ, #79:

I know in an earlier draft of the script Juno was supposed to sleep with Paul Rudd's character. I kinda wish she kept that in, it would've been really interesting to see that play out. Still a good movie though.

• JeneralArcher

JeneralArcher

#17307604 - 4 years ago

In reply to JJ, #79:

I'm bummed that it's become so easily dismissed. I still really enjoy it and the soundtrack too. Oh well~

• beautifulmidnight

beautifulmidnight FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17308728 - 4 years ago

In reply to JJ, #79:

Admit it, you're jealous because you never had a hamburger phone.

• JeneralArcher

JeneralArcher

#17312103 - 4 years ago

I wish King of Kong was streaming on Netflix. I finally watched it last night and it's interesting to see a different area within the world of gaming then what gets talked about through RT with Let's Plays, etc.

• Iron-Tress

Iron-Tress

#17312549 - 4 years ago

Well I don't know if it's still on Netflix but I think Charlie Bartlett would be great for screenplay because
    1. It had kind of an odd cast including a pre Iron Man RDJ
    2. Pretty fun moments and characters
    3. Not as well known so folks might be more interested in watching it.

• Drakezilla

Drakezilla FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17312655 - 4 years ago

I came in here to suggest Primer and see it already has been suggested. Can't even put into words how good that movie is, made for $7000 with a skeleton crew of 5 and is without a doubt one of the best movies made this century. I'd love to see a discussion on Primer and get other people's take on it

• thatguyfelix

thatguyfelix FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Dark Flame Master

#17312666 - 4 years ago

I saw we watch "Man from nowhere". It's a South Korean film so there will be English subtitles. It's an action movie that I can only describe is if A person like Bruce lee did taken. It's really good and I do believe this should be a topic one week

• SamHollyer

SamHollyer FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17313461 - 4 years ago

In reply to ThatGuyFELIX, #86:

Great flick.

• luke_gorman

luke_gorman

#17313481 - 4 years ago

I think Hunger (2008), Django or The Crow should be one of the films for Movie Book Club one week

• Awndymate

Awndymate

#17313926 - 4 years ago

In reply to Kettelino, #1:

"Would You Rather?" seems like a good fit for Screen Play. Available to stream on Netflix. Tongue-in-cheek "horror" film with some really funny moments. Has Sasha Grey in it so yeah, it's that type of movie...

• Rurouni1029

Rurouni1029 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17315370 - 4 years ago

So I just pooped in Brazil, it's a brilliant Dystopian / Cyberpunk movie.

• Joe4rt

Joe4rt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17318748 - 4 years ago

Im not sure how easily these films are as i don't subscribe to anything online like Netflix but these are some of my favourite films,
    so my suggestions would be...

-Blood Diamond
    -Death Sentance
    -DejaVu
    -Point Break
    -The Raid
    -Scott Pilgrim
    -Street Kings

• beautifulmidnight

beautifulmidnight FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17320173 - 4 years ago

In reply to Rurouni1029, #90:

I know it's a typo but oh my god, the mental image from your post is horrifying and amusing. I needed that laugh. Bless you.

• Daftphonics

Daftphonics

#17322533 - 4 years ago

In reply to Kettelino, #1:

Definitely recommend Akira(1988). A milestone in animation and a really cool movie in my opinion. I'm a sucker for animated films, and I want to make them when I'm older.

• JoshRyanAbne

JoshRyanAbne

#17323822 - 4 years ago

Taken 3?

Seen it this weekend with some friends..we all had the same opinion. That it was better than previous two. This time they changed up the formula from previous two movies.

• simonferry

simonferry

#33661264 - 1 year ago

Great idea, I like it)