Forums > Screen Play

SCREEN PLAY #11

Posts (14)

• JJ

JJ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17112969 - 4 years ago

INTRO:KNOW THE GUEST
    5 mins talking to the guest, ask what they've been working on and how nice/bittersweet it is to start and end a series.

MOVIES
    WHAT DOES MILES KNOW
    5 Questions about famous movies for Miles to Answer (it's happening)

TERMINATOR SEQUEL is total reboot-no need to watch previous films
    collider.com/terminator-genisys-sequels-ja...

Ridley Scott's THE MARTIAN puts together interesting cast with Matt Damon adds Donald Glover, KrisTen Wiig, Interesting premise, any thoughts?
    www.flicksandbits.com/2014/10/11/donald-glover-akse...

THE LABRYNTH getting a sequel? Thoughts?

BATMAN LEGO MOVIE (THOUGHTS?)
    www.cnet.com/news/lego-batman-to-get-his-o...

MOVIE QUESTION: Halloween is coming up, what is a movie that really scared you the first time you watched it?

TELEVISION
    Netflix unveils first look at DAREDEVIL
    www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56234

*PLAYSTATION releases trailer for "POWERS" it's first show for the Playstation Network, I'm not interested in what you think about the show, I'm interested to see if you think shows made for consoles will ever be a "thing"
    www.theverge.com/2014/10/12/6963045/sony-unvei...

LEGEND OF KORRA Miles and Kerry, go crazy

• SilverKM03

SilverKM03

#17113084 - 4 years ago

That Terminator reboot is confusing as shit. I read about it six months ago. Bale had a three picture contract so I thought it was going to break the contract. Then I saw somewhere he's still signed on for the next movie. So... ReSequel?

• LadyOddDuck

LadyOddDuck

#17113086 - 4 years ago

Labyrinth cannot get a sequel. It just can't. You don't mess with the classics!

Young whippersnappers... *brandishes cane*

• chromadose

chromadose FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17113321 - 4 years ago

Oh man, I could talk about Avatar / LoK all day. I'll go ahead and say Book 3 was the best thing to air on tv this year. The jump to online only was weird for all of us, but you quickly realize why it was done. Book 4 is off to a strong start and may be able to push Legend of Korra over the original series for me.

• Blutonian

Blutonian Tech Guardian

#17113340 - 4 years ago

The scary movie freaked me out the most as a kid was The Lost Boys. I was afraid of hanging out at the beach after dark for years because I thought Kiefer Sutherland was waiting to eat me.

I'm actually excited for a new Labyrinth. Henson Studios needs to put more stuff out other than Muppet movies. Their creature creations are always so believable and CGI has yet to top anything they were doing even way back in the 80's, IMO.

• chromadose

chromadose FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17113448 - 4 years ago

For movie that scared me, I watched a good portion of Signs through my fingers. That birthday party scene still gets me sometimes. Also, ET scared me as a kid and I've never gone back to watch it.

• LadyOddDuck

LadyOddDuck

#17113459 - 4 years ago

In reply to chromadose, #6:

Ditto about E.T. I used to have crazy nightmares involving the little guy and I just can't see him anymore without reflexively shaking in fear.

• bomdidibom

bomdidibom

#17118376 - 4 years ago

In reply to chromadose, #4:

Love LoK!! Korra Alone, the episode they discussed was fantastic. It goes onto my line up of shows to watch each week (Thurs: RWBY, Fri: LoK). But I still love putting the original series on and watching through.

I actually saw the movie that does not exist, while I was babysitting one of my neighbours kids. He put it on, and when I went home I started watching the series, so luckily instead of it ruining the series, I ended up watching a far superior version second.

And as for the Lego Movie... no other words to describe than awesome!!!

• Blutonian

Blutonian Tech Guardian

#17118404 - 4 years ago

What's the general consensus. Should someone who has seen neither Avatar: TLA nor Legend of Korra start watching Avatar first or could they easily jump right in to Korra?

• Church251

Church251 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17121453 - 4 years ago

In reply to Blutonian, #9:

Watch the original series first. It's simply better. Book 3 was the only LoK season I found to be very good.

• BigJ_McNasty

BigJ_McNasty

#17122102 - 4 years ago

Movie that scared me? Resident Evil. Destroying source material that hard was terrifying. Also where does one post those vick movie ideas?

• BigJ_McNasty

BigJ_McNasty

#17122206 - 4 years ago

As for Korra. Book 1 was fantastic. For me it lived up to the original series in every way. Book 2 looked amazing. The visuals were as good if not better than the large budget animes in Japan at the time. The plot started off fairly strong. The flash back stuff was also great. But the story at the end just disappointed on all fronts. What had so much potential was all wasted by Deus ex Machina bs and pointless visuals. It was as rushed and poorly throughout as one could imagine. I will eventually watch the rest of the series however.

• Morgsy

Morgsy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17122393 - 4 years ago

One movie that absolutely terrified me when I first watched it was The Dark Crystal, I just remember having to get a blanket to hide under when I tried watching it as a kid.
    Actually I've never re-watched, I pretty much refuse to try watching it again it scared me that much.

• LadyOddDuck

LadyOddDuck

#17122697 - 4 years ago

In reply to TheOakLady, #14:

Aww...that's a shame. It's one of my favorites, but I can see how it'd be scary.