Forums > Screen Play

SCREEN PLAY #13

Posts (11)

• JJ

JJ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17148100 - 4 years ago

M O V I E S
    ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK: BILL MURRAY EDITION
    www.avclub.com/article/finally-are-you-afrai...

OCULUS RIFT gets first movie, you can download it FREE
    variety.com/2014/digital/news/banshee-cha...

NEW ZEALAND "LORD OF THE RINGS" PLANE safety video is pretty Hobbity
    www.theverge.com/tldr/2014/10/25/7067121/air-n...

WONDER WOMAN looking for FEMALE DIRECTOR
    www.avclub.com/article/warner-bros-wants-fem...

AGE OF ULTRON TRAILER and CUMBERBATCH is DR.STRANGE THOUGHTS?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do

NEW JUST ANNOUNCED MARVEL FILM SLATE
    screenrant.com/

T E L E V I S I O N
    BREAKING BAD TOYS 'R US Toys get pulled, Aaron Paul talks shit on twitter
    www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/10/25/brea...

RAINN WILSON announces new show starring Vine/Web celebs trying to make it in Hollwood. Within a day, removes Vine star who was charged with rape by another vine star
    mashable.com/2014/10/25/rainn-wilson-fired...

ARCHIE, JUGHEAD and the gang are getting the TV Live Action treatment
    www.newsarama.com/22537-riverdale-tv-drama-base...

• Dutchface

Dutchface FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17148108 - 4 years ago

While there is no questioning just how good an actor Cumberbatch is.. I would have LOVED to have seen Ewan Mcgregor or Pierce Brosnan take a crack at the role. Though...nothing confirmed just yet.

Post edited 10/28/14 2:52PM

• Zaxion_Kai

Zaxion_Kai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17148505 - 4 years ago

In reply to JJ, #1:

Kept thinking about it when you called it "Street Fighter 2". Was pretty sure there wasn't a sequel, but I knew what you meant.
    www.imdb.com/title/tt0111301/?ref_=nv_sr_2

In reply to Dutchface, #2:

I agree, I think Pierce Brosnan or Ewan Mcgregor would have been great for the role, and while they're great, my thought is probably that Marvel is looking at least a three-movie(starting with an origins) deal as well as tie-ins, so they probably wanted a younger actor. I'm okay with it, because Benedict Cumberbatch is a fantastic actor. I'm almost certain he'll get signed on officially.

Post edited 10/28/14 5:54PM

• SilverKM03

SilverKM03

#17148523 - 4 years ago

I loved Memento but Nolan is a dick...

I forget where I read it, but he is allegedly DC's equivalent to MARVEL's Kevin Feige. Supposedly, nothing is green-lighted without his approval. Which is odd for someone who doesn't "like, make or understand" superhero movies.

Pfister too. He comes off as piece of shit in Side By Side and on DP/30.

• Dutchface

Dutchface FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17148530 - 4 years ago

In reply to Zaxion_Kai, #3:

Yeah I can understand why they would go for the younger actor they need to at least get 4/5 years out of them... that's just me and me wish list haha.

• SilverKM03

SilverKM03

#17148634 - 4 years ago

Nevermind. The articles I was referring to were from August 2013. Johnathan Nolan apparently revealed yesterday that he and his brother will have nothing to do with the upcoming DC films.

• khurram_89

khurram_89 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nerf herder

#17152541 - 4 years ago

Here's a nice chart of superhero movies that are coming out from now till 2020:

Ik6wjKr.jpg

I dunno about you guys but I'm really excited for "Unknown Movie" by Marvel.

• KieferS

KieferS

#17157985 - 4 years ago

And that is why I love New Zealand. For ever and ever. I wonder in like a hundred years time or so that there will be tellings of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit as history and people genuinely agree and think that it's a true story.

• tinksheps

tinksheps FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17162980 - 4 years ago

What do you guys think the unknown marvel movie will be? I doubt, if they're planning on delaying it that much, that it will be a character we've already been introduced to, but I could be wrong. Fingers crossed for a Young Avengers movie, honestly, although that seems fairly unlikely.

• khurram_89

khurram_89 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nerf herder

#17163696 - 4 years ago

In reply to tinksheps, #10:

Honestly, I think most of them are placeholders for the dates. I'm sure there are a couple of "Unknown Marvel Movies" planned, but I highly doubt there are 6 of them. That's why most of them are set to release in May of whatever year. May is where summer blockbuster season starts and Marvel wants to make sure they have that date locked down before another studio takes it.

As for what movie(s) it is... I have no idea. Maybe something small and unheard of similar to Guardians of the Galaxy?

• tinksheps

tinksheps FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17165407 - 4 years ago

In reply to tardweasel, #11:

That would make a lot of sense, actually, even though I'd like to think they have all of these secret "surprise" movies planned. Honestly, after GOTG, I'm not too worried about what Marvel tries to take on, at least for the most part. When I heard about it originally, I thought it was just completely out of left field and a weird choice, but obviously its done terrifically.

It would probably depend on what demographic they're trying to appeal to more at the time, and whether the cosmic marvel universe has begun to overtake the, ooh, blanking on the name for avengers universe right now.

There are just so many directions, we could get a Cloak and Dagger movie for all I know.