Forums > Screen Play

SCREEN PLAY #19

Posts (12)

• JJ

JJ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17254113 - 4 years ago

MOVIES

SUICIDE SQUAD CAST
    www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/12/02/breaking-news...

UPDATE ON THE SONY HACK
    variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-hackers-a...
    also apparently everyone at sony hates ADAM SANDLER
    gawker.com/sony-hack-reveals-25-page-lis...

CUMBERBATCH IS DR STRANGE, PACINO also meeting with MARVEL
    www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/08/the-flyin...
    http://screenrant.com/marvel-studios-al-pacino-cast/

DEADPOOL IS HAPPENING with RYAN REYNOLDS
    twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/540594...

WARNER BROS offers READY PLAYER ONE to CHRIS NOLAN
    collider.com/ready-player-one-christopher-...
    WIKI on book
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready_Player_One

ROBERT ORCI no longer directing STAR TREK 3...maybe Edgar Wright?
    www.aintitcool.com/node/69705

GEORGE LUCAS' reaction to Star Wars Trailer
    iwatchstuff.com/2014/12/george-lucas-willfull...

Trailer for new Terminator Genysis movie
    iwatchstuff.com/2014/12/terminator-genisys-tr...

New show about Superman's Grandpa
    iwatchstuff.com/2014/12/syfys-making-show-abo...

Here's a new Rock trailer for a earthquake disaster film
    iwatchstuff.com/2014/12/the-rock-fights-actua...

TELEVISION

MARK HAMILL played TRICKSTER on 90s TV SHOW of THE FLASH he will be doing it again for CW
    comicbook.com/2014/12/08/mark-hamill-to-pla...

DISCOVERY VIEWERS upset that guy wasn't REALLY eaten by a snake
    insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/08/eaten-alive-reacti...

SOUTH PARK takes on PEWDIPIE
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=azsWdFFBlRI

NETFLIX casts it's Marvel's JESSICA JONES
    www.theverge.com/2014/12/7/7348905/netflixs-se...

• SilverKM03

SilverKM03

#17254167 - 4 years ago

It's nice to see that DC's answer to Marvel's methodically planned cinematic universe is to throw as much shit out there and hope something catches on.

• oda

oda

#17254424 - 4 years ago

Bv3SK8W.png

• Kazuma_Terumi

Kazuma_Terumi FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17254441 - 4 years ago

my last name is braw-ner it's Bryce so thanks for the shout out smiley0.gif

• Kazuma_Terumi

Kazuma_Terumi FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17254465 - 4 years ago

and one more thing i starting watching screen play in the middle of the last one and already got a shout out so HA FUCK YOU ALL I AM A KING and to happy about this don't care smiley7.gifsmiley0.gif

• JeneralArcher

JeneralArcher

#17256979 - 4 years ago

I was legitimately surprised when JJ said that everyone loved Ready Player One. I stumbled upon it over the summer and I thought it had soooo much potential and really wanted to love it, but it was not a good book. For me, there's a difference between putting in references people will catch and enjoy and beating readers over the head with references by over explaining them, which is what happens in RPO. Unfortunately, I can't remember a specific example, but about halfway through the book I just had to anticipate those moments and skim in order to get back to the storyline.

• Ed_Radley

Ed_Radley FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Aye Aye Cap'n

#17257012 - 4 years ago

I'm actually kind of stoked at the idea of there being a Ready Player One movie. I just hope the people working on it don't totally screw it up like the team behind the Eragon movie. So many problems I have with that, particularly hiring John Malcovich to play Galbatorix and the way they ended the movie to cut off the possibility of there being a sequel.

• JeneralArcher

JeneralArcher

#17257016 - 4 years ago

In reply to Ed_Radley, #9:

Yeah I think the movie could be super fun since they'll have to tone it down just to be able to make it.

• Aaron_Rogers

Aaron_Rogers

#17257174 - 4 years ago

In reply to SilverKM03, #2:

It's kinda interesting to see the first major DC Universe movie will not be about a band of heroes, but the villains. What I mean by DC Universe is just that it will play a part in the future of the DC movies and how they are going to interact with each other. Of course there have been great and successful DC movies before.

But I'm finally glad we will see a live action on screen Harley Quinn. One of my favourite characters from the universe.

• SilverKM03

SilverKM03

#17258023 - 4 years ago

In reply to xXNinjahzXx, #11:

I think it's awesome they'll have Harley Quinn. She never could have existed in The Dark Knight Trilogy universe. Jared Leto sounds like a great choice for The Joker merely based on her existence in this new DCU. But I don't think he should be in the suicide squad, at least not til the last 5 - 10 minutes. I think casting Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang is an odd choice. Captain Boomerang already sounds like a stupid villain - but to have Nick Tarabay pull it off surprisingly well in The Arrow and try someone else for the Suicide Squad is an unnecessary gamble.

It doesn't feel like Affleck is getting a fair shot at the Batman role. It just sounds like they're rehashing The Dark Rises. Not to mention that Lex Luthor and Zod have been the main villains for five of the seven Superman films (six if you count Nuclear Man as Luthor's weapon). I'm not certain we really need an Aquaman movie when they can't even pull off Green Lantern. With everything they're throwing out there, (Flash, Gotham, Constantine, Krypton, Dawn of Justice) it sounds like the Transmorphers model of business. I just want the DCU to not be the shitty knock-off of the MCU.

Personally, I need to see 3 adaptations before Batman V. Superman will make sense to me.
    1. Death in the Family
    2. The Killing Joke
    3. Hush

• howard.crump

howard.crump

#33630805 - 2 years ago

hey, so many titles

• simonferry

simonferry

#33661271 - 1 year ago

wow, great thread, thanks a lot for all of that)