Forums > Screen Play

Favourite Soundtracks...

Posts (9)

• Joe4rt

Joe4rt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17278248 - 4 years ago

In one of the earlier podcasts there was a discussion about films with good soundtracks. Maybe it was me but i didnt hear many peoples suggestions on ones they were fans of.

To keep this short, two films really stand out to me even though i do really enjoy the whole film, it was the soundtrack which really stood out to me.
    These two films are Garden State and Scott Pilgram.

i would like to hear other peoples favourite soundtracks.

P.s i was a huge fan of the soundtrack they used in the Guardians of the Galaxy.

• midwestwitch

midwestwitch

#17281535 - 4 years ago

Like all movie soundtracks ever? That's super hard.

This year I really liked Grand Budapest Hotel's soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat, (He's always great) it fit so well with Wes Anderson and tonally everything that was going on. They've worked together before on Moonrise Kingdom and Fantastic Mr. Fox which are also super fun.

And then also this year Under the Skin had a greaaaaat soundtrack that like you wouldn't want listen to all the time by itself because it's so weird and ambient but that's such a weird and abstract movie that it's soooooo good.

• SeanFitzy

SeanFitzy

#17282125 - 4 years ago

definetly a hard day's night or help. The Beatles's original songs.

• chromadose

chromadose FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17282604 - 4 years ago

I'll second Scott Pilgrim. Wen I'm working I like epic instrumental/ orchestral pieces, so LotR and Pirates of the Caribbean get a lot of play time.

• SliWill

SliWill

#17286628 - 4 years ago

Beyond The Black Rainbow
    Room 237
    Drive
    Godzilla (2014)
    Suspiria
    The Raid

Just to name a few, I love film scores/OSTs. It's hard to choose a fav, the list is forever growing! smiley7.gif

Post edited 12/25/14 5:55PM

• LauraLazer

LauraLazer

#17287841 - 4 years ago

My favorites as of right now are Drive, Inception and also Scott Pilgrim.

• SliWill

SliWill

#17289374 - 4 years ago

Anyone here collect OSTs on Vinyl? Any releases from Death Waltz, Mondo or Wax Records etc?

• Rurouni1029

Rurouni1029 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17311368 - 4 years ago

I'm a big Hans Zimmer fan, for quiet evenings I love The Last Samurai OST and right now I'm enjoying the Interstellar sound track

• Beepls

Beepls

#17492147 - 4 years ago

Interstellar is definitely a good one. The OSTs for Moon and The Fountain by Clint Mansell and Atonement by Dario Marianelli are some of my favorites.