Forums > Screen Play

SCREEN PLAY #23

Posts (10)

• JJ

JJ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17311699 - 4 years ago

M O V I E S

X-MEN DOFP "THE ROGUE CUT" being released 2015
    www.blastr.com/2015-12-31/we-finally-have-up...

BIGGEST BOX OFFICE BOMBS 2014
    nypost.com/2014/06/24/the-10-biggest-flo...

ANT MAN - POSTER and TEASER TRAILER
    iwatchstuff.com/2015/01/ant-man-teaser-to-loo...

DVD COVER about gay protestors gets photoshopped for US release to make it look less gay
    www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30679...

CONCEPT ART for NEIL BLOMKAMP's abandoned ALIEN movie
    iwatchstuff.com/2015/01/neill-blomkamp-would-...

RUSSEL CROWE says old ugly ladies need to shut up (not really but kinda)
    www.eonline.com/news/611157/russell-crowe-say...

TRAILER for HITS the directorial debut of comedian DAVID CROSS
    iwatchstuff.com/2015/01/see-david-crosss-dire...

3 ACTORS from RAID 2 are going to be in STAR WARS
    www.aintitcool.com/node/69934

MATTHEW VAUGHN says "people are over the dark Chris Nolan super hero films"
    www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/matthew-vaughn-dark-supe...

T E L E V I S I O N

TV SHOW about confronting internet TROLLS
    mic.com/articles/87083/this-swedish-t...

FIRST 9 mins of 12 MONKEYS
    tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/watch-the-first...

• JeneralArcher

JeneralArcher

#17311715 - 4 years ago

"DVD COVER about gay protestors gets photoshopped for US release to make it look less gay"

That's expert reporting right there.

• SilverKM03

SilverKM03

#17313028 - 4 years ago

As far as Paul Rudd movies go, I cannot recommend Two Days enough.

On the subject of I, Frankenstein - calling it a bad movie is giving it too much credit. It's easy to watch a bad movie and find something enjoyable about it. With I, Frankenstein, it's tough to watch any scene and not see how it could have been better. Beyond the constant ambiguities of this universe's movie rules, characters and even the universe itself - if the filmmakers committed to any aspect of the film, it would have been exponentially better. It's hard to say whether they didn't know what kind of film they wanted to make or they were afraid of being labeled a certain way. In either case, it feels like they never go all the way with anything. The "Gargoyles" are fallen angels who burst turn into tapestries upon death. The demons, on the other hand, seems like another nickname - having all the traits of vampires (including Bill Nighy as their leader) - until they reveal they're actual demons, in the third act. At (what I can only assume was) the climax, you can pretty much define a person's soul as "giving a shit about something".

• ragusa33

ragusa33 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Goose Master

#17314065 - 4 years ago

After looking at Neil Blomkamp's concept art, I can honestly say that it would've made for an intriguing Alien movie. Certainly would've eliminated the need for Colonial Marines. smiley4.gif

• JJ

JJ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17314279 - 4 years ago

In reply to UndeadSpider, #4:

id bet its so they can run clickbait headlines

• Gmetska

Gmetska FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17315887 - 4 years ago

I don't think I could agree with Matthew Vaughn enough. I really enjoyed the Batman trilogy that Nolan directed but because of his success it seemed everyone needed to do some "dark gritty" reboot of every franchise that ever existed. Movies can be funny, exciting and serious at the same time and Marvel seems to have a lock on that. Guardians of the Galaxy is such a perfect example of what a comic movie can and should be, Starlord and crew and of course are very comical during the entirety of the movie but they also sprinkle in serious scenes.Rocket Raccoon one of the "sillier" characters in the movie probably had one of if not the most emotional scene during the movie when he finally broke down. Vaughn talks about it being a balancing act of a lot of things when making a movie and I think he is right.

• JoshRyanAbne

JoshRyanAbne

#17316604 - 4 years ago

Congrats on being ahead of the news this week!! Awesome..lol

• ragusa33

ragusa33 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Goose Master

#17316916 - 4 years ago

In reply to Gmetska, #11:

He's complaining about Nolan-esque superhero movies. The only superhero movies Nolan ever did were TDK trilogy and Man of Steel. He's essentially saying that Batman shouldn't be dark, which is just ridiculous. Maybe someone should show him the Joel Schumaker Batman films. He'll probably LOVE those!

• beautifulmidnight

beautifulmidnight FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17320266 - 4 years ago

Oh man. Please, please, please tell me that you guys will consider 'Pride' for an MBC when it comes on Netflix.

It's up there in my top ten of 2014. Such a beautiful movie. Go in on the UK Miners theme and do a double feature with Billy Elliott.

I kind of agree with Matthew Vaughan, to a certain extent. I mean, stuff like Avengers or Guardians are a lot more fun to watch. I loved stuff like Dark Knight or Watchmen, but sometimes I just want to enjoy myself and I'm more likely to rewatch a lighter movie than say, the Nolan trilogy. I would rather drink wasps than watch the Schumaker movies again. There's a difference between fun and "I'm going to get absolutely shitfaced so I can make it through Batman and Robin".

• XaliaCeleste

XaliaCeleste FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17323919 - 4 years ago

Watching the episode now. I still think A Million Ways to Die in the West wasn't the greatest the movie of the year, but it wasn't bad enough to put on the list for the worse movies of the past year. It amuses me though, cause we just watched it over here yesterday and that mustache song is still stuck in my head lol.