Forums > Screen Play

MBC #23 THE INTERVIEW

Posts (48)

• JJ

JJ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17311703 - 4 years ago

141219_em_interview.jpg?w=814

• LaughingWolf

LaughingWolf

#17311746 - 4 years ago

this film was surprisingly about butt stuff, watch it again with that in mind....seriously.

• Whedabra

Whedabra

#17311882 - 4 years ago

I really liked this movie. I think I'm going to wind up buying it on bluray.

• paulhikari

paulhikari FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17311890 - 4 years ago

I should really watch it, even with only 50% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.

• Whedabra

Whedabra

#17311896 - 4 years ago

In reply to PaulHikari, #4:

It's a clever but stupid movie. Don't expect much from it and you'll have a good time. Have a beer or something too, that always helps.

• tara

tara

#17311910 - 4 years ago

I found it really long. About halfway through i was already looking for it to be over. All in all funny movie but i feel like everything ran a bit overtime.

• JJ

JJ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17311921 - 4 years ago

In reply to tara, #6:

u were drinking weren't you?

• KevinClayton

KevinClayton

#17311959 - 4 years ago

Like the general consensus here, it's a decent movie. Just, it's not a master comedy film or anything.

Although, I mostly rented it digitally because I like the idea of being able to see some movies from home on day one! The Interview was just extra on top of that.

Here's hoping!

• Caszie

Caszie

#17311973 - 4 years ago

This is the kind of movie you would turn on if there was nothing better on TV. I would never go out of my way to watch it again, but if I saw it on at like 3:00 in the morning, I would definitely turn it on. It's an alright movie. Not super funny, not super entertaining, hardly even popcorn worthy.

I honestly can't tell if all the commotion about it's release made it a better or worse movie.

• bloodcal-cal7

bloodcal-cal7 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Im Callam Hi

#17312005 - 4 years ago

It was really funny...but its like one of those people that you meet and have a really good time with, but can only have fun with them once then you just want them to piss off afterwords.

• ragusa33

ragusa33 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Goose Master

#17312015 - 4 years ago

I can't wait to see how Kim Jong Un reacts to film's successful revenue (It made over $31 million online).

• bloodcal-cal7

bloodcal-cal7 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Im Callam Hi

#17312018 - 4 years ago

In reply to ragusa33, #11:

Holy shit thats amazing seeing as it was mainly released online.

• KevinClayton

KevinClayton

#17312028 - 4 years ago

In reply to ragusa33, #11:

THE INTERVIEW SPOILER

youtu.be/rlqCFv50csw?t=1m24s

• kettelino

kettelino FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Netflix Enthusiast

#17312042 - 4 years ago

Watched the movie with a few friends last week. In the end we couldn't decide whether that movie was made by a pure genius or by an idiot.
    I have to say that I didn't enjoy "This Is The End" at all and "Neighbors" wasn't that good either. I guess I had just really high expectations. They always show the good stuff in the trailers which ruined both movies for me. :/
    The Interview was fairly enjoyable in my opinion. It's their typical dumb humor which doesn't make everyone laugh.
    Still, after seeing the movie I think it would have been better if they had avoided making it because they just didn't approach the topic in a good way. They didn't display the real political situation and I think that should have been really important.
    conclusion: an enjoyable movie if there's nothing else too watch but otherwise it's just to simple. What I've learned is "everyone is starving in North Korea and they really hate the US."

• ragusa33

ragusa33 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Goose Master

#17312242 - 4 years ago

In reply to FlutterDash7, #12:

It really makes you wonder what sort of impact this will have on the Hollywood industry. We could potentially be witnessing movie history in the making.

• tara

tara

#17312419 - 4 years ago

In reply to JJ, #7:

I was absolutely drinking. I was a little drunk. -Tara's Tipsy Review.

• lordfarkwoad

lordfarkwoad

#17312433 - 4 years ago

Good movie! I liked it! <3

• ragusa33

#17312444 - 4 years ago

In reply to ragusa33, #15:

Been thinking more about this, and I got a question for all of you:

Which would you rather do: go see a brand new movie in a theater, or watch it online at home?

At this point in time, it seems pretty far fetched, but in the near future, we could see more studios begin streaming new movies on the internet, which is kinda scary if you think about it. Would movie theaters become obsolete? How could something like that change the overall cinematic experience?

As I said, it's difficult to fathom right now, but the movie industry is always changing.

• lordfarkwoad

lordfarkwoad

#17312452 - 4 years ago

In reply to ragusa33, #18:
    I hope that the theaters will not close, I honestly prefer theaters instead of watch the movie inside of the comfort of my home. I like what they said on screenplay 22 about this and I think that a lot of people would be affected by having all of the theaters to close. I do see so better things about streaming movies at home because the price was only 6 dollars And I know its not much more but I pay $7.50 for one movie ticket, so I see that you could save money with the streaming feature films.

• ragusa33

#17312470 - 4 years ago

In reply to lordfarkwoad, #19:

I agree with the guys on this. I think it would rob us of the aesthetic of being immersed into the world of the film, which is one of the great things about going to see a movie in theaters. But then, there are gonna people like Gus, who'd rather stay home in their living room, which is understandable. I think some studio will at least experiment with the concept, hopefully to no avail.

• ELSArt

ELSArt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Ty

#17312471 - 4 years ago

In reply to tara, #6:

I have to agree with you, some parts of the movie seemed to stretch on. Also I think the controversy of the movie was over-hyped.

• SilverKM03

SilverKM03

#17312611 - 4 years ago

In reply to EricVela, #23:

Staypuft Marshmallow Man doesn't count. He was the instrument of destruction Ray chose. Gozer was the real villain.

• lordfarkwoad

lordfarkwoad

#17313321 - 4 years ago

In reply to ragusa33, #21:

I really hope that they give the option to pick which one the consumer would like better. And hopefully from the products will be used equally so that no one would have to go out of business, And so that the people have the luxury of choosing which one to do in whatever situation there are in at the moment.

• LaughingWolf

LaughingWolf

#17313441 - 4 years ago

the thing i said about the butts is still true...the film was still pretty enjoyable but the hype was a little to much so you should really try to go into it with zero expectations :D

• How_Humorous

How_Humorous

#17313781 - 4 years ago

In reply to ragusa33, #18:

The Interview was the first film that I rented online and it was kind of mind-boggling how simple it was.

Nothing beats the experience of the theater, but going to one is becoming increasingly less convenient. Between the rising ticket prices, unpleasant audiences, and inconsistent picture/sound just the simplicity alone of just renting a movie online makes it that much more appealing.