Forums > Screen Play

MBC #23 THE INTERVIEW

Posts (48)

• Zombiepool

Zombiepool

#17314822 - 4 years ago

I've only actually seen most of The Interview. But the most that I saw was pretty hilarious. I think the reason people are liking it less is not only because of how much it was hyped up, but also because everyone's watching it at home. I think that in a movie theater people are more connected with any film they're watching and have bigger more emotional reactions to the film.

• Hunter04

Hunter04 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17314907 - 4 years ago

I gave the Interview a 6/10. It has some laughs and Franco really kept the show going, but it just was not that good to me. I don't regret watching the movie, but I would not have lost sleep if I didn't see it. As a native of South Korea and a citizen of the United States, it was a matter of principle to see the Interview.

• OmniPhillips

OmniPhillips FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17314952 - 4 years ago

I wanted to see it before all the BS happened, then when it went online a day early and skipped the whole theater thing I was overjoyed. I watched it with a friend on Christmas day and laughed my ass off. I really enjoyed it. It was definitely a Franco and Rogen movie what with the type of humor and I liked that.

• gregviveros

gregviveros FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17315031 - 4 years ago

I thought the movie was really good but maybe its just because I really like Seth and James although I did hate James character for some reason he pissed me off even though he was hilarious but over all the movie was funny clever and I do agree that it did get over hyped

• ragusa33

ragusa33 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Goose Master

#17315117 - 4 years ago

Definitely not a groundbreaking movie, but it still holds a special place in movie history now.

BTW, anyone else think Seth Rogen looks a lot like Burnie?

• gregviveros

gregviveros FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17315122 - 4 years ago

In reply to ragusa33, #33:

he hates when people say that lol

• iBromantic

iBromantic Producer/Colorist

#17315254 - 4 years ago

I feel compelled to ask: would we care about this, at all, if there hadn't been as much hype about it as there was?

• lordfarkwoad

lordfarkwoad

#17315343 - 4 years ago

In reply to iBromantic, #35:
    I don't think that there would be. I know some people who watched it just because of the thing with North Korea.

• KevinClayton

KevinClayton

#17315371 - 4 years ago

In reply to lordfarkwoad, #36:

I mean, it DID have Kim Jong Un's death scene in it. I'd say it's hard to tell, I personally imagine it was a bit controversial in its roots.
    But, we can speculate all we want. I'm just throwing that out there.

• Rurouni1029

Rurouni1029 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17315378 - 4 years ago

I really wanted to see this movie. Then I learned it was being removed and then I was outraged. Then it was coming back under very peculiar circumstances, and you know what? I don't care, someone made a movie it was kind of funny I've been told but not as good as This is the End. I've seen some James Franco flops *Your Highness* but I'll wait until it's on Netflix. In the mean time I suggest watching the American Dad episode where Roger pretends to be a dictator.

• Gmetska

Gmetska FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17315846 - 4 years ago

The Interview was exactly what I expected it to be, it was James Franco and Seth Rogan being put into a ridiculous situation with lots of jokes and crazy characters mixed in. It was exactly what I expected it to be when I went in to watch it and for a $6 online rental on Christmas Day I thought it was a funny movie and well worth the price tag. I do believe all the hype generated probably hurt the movie, but it is something that was unavoidable and as the saying goes shit happens. This shouldn't be seen as a timeless comedy or as some genius protest against dictators, it should simply be seen as what it is a silly Franco/Rogan movies

• paulhikari

paulhikari FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17316057 - 4 years ago

In reply to darkonedrei, #5:

"Clever but stupid." That's a good way to put it.

• iBromantic

#17316845 - 4 years ago

In reply to lordfarkwoad, #36:

Yeah thats pretty much the only reason I saw it

• EdEddNEddy

EdEddNEddy

#17319061 - 4 years ago

I would say this movie deserves a 6/10. It had me laughing throughout the entire movie with very few lulls in terms of jokes. This being said, I can understand why some people would not enjoy it, this movie is not for everyone. Don't go in expecting intelligent comedy, go in expecting dick jokes. If you liked This Is the End, you will probably like this movie, the humor is very similar. Also, I saw this in the theater rather than online like many others did.

• IAmVeryMoist

IAmVeryMoist Rebel Scum

#17319925 - 4 years ago

Kinda just thought it was alright. Nothing crazy. This Is The End was a lot better in my opinion. I grew tired of all the dick jokes. Seriously, they used up every variation and usage of dick in a joke and sentence.

• lordfarkwoad

lordfarkwoad

#17320039 - 4 years ago

In reply to iBromantic, #41:

I don't blame you. I watched it because of that part and I like Seth as an actor. :)

• beautifulmidnight

beautifulmidnight FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17320264 - 4 years ago

It was a solid "Meh." for me. There were a couple things I laughed at (The stuff with the celebrity cameos was gold.) but overall, it was just too over-the-top and if it were reigned in a little more, I might have enjoyed it more.

Also, considering how much I cannot stand that Katy Perry song..

However, the actor who played Kim Jong Un was SO good. I was really uncomfortable with how much I liked the character in the first half of the movie, so he pulled it off really well. And the puppy was cute. Oh my god, so cute.

• iBromantic

#17321136 - 4 years ago

In reply to lordfarkwoad, #44:

Meh, he is okay to me. Not great, not bad

• lordfarkwoad

lordfarkwoad

#17321302 - 4 years ago

In reply to iBromantic, #46:

I understand

• Tom_C

Tom_C FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17321856 - 4 years ago

I just saw it last night, I thought it was surprising good. It wasn't movie of the year good but it was, y'know... good. smiley0.gif

• xLilCubbie25

xLilCubbie25 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Hoot

#17322045 - 4 years ago

It was exactly what I thought it would be. A movie with dumb humor that was able to provide some laughs along the way (assuming you enjoy this kind of humor). It wasn't too dumb, which is something that (oddly enough) turns me off of a lot of movies that feature the nonsense humor and jokes such as this one.
    Was it worth all the hype and buildup for it? No, I wouldn't say so. Definitely wasn't worth all the threats and such that kept it out of theaters.

• ConnorDono

ConnorDono

#17323929 - 4 years ago

I liked it, one of the better comedies of the year, and I liked it a lot more than "This is the End". It definitely picked up after Kim entered the fray, because he was hilarious from a performance standpoint. The jokes were mostly hit, sometimes miss. When they hit, they hit hard, and when they missed, it was pretty painful (for me at least). One thing I haven't really seen that I really liked about the movie was the soundtrack. The music that played when Sook stepped out of the helicopter was awesome, and only one of the many cool tracks the soundtrack had. I'm glad I watched and enjoyed it, but it wasn't amazing by any means.

• Spectre08

Spectre08 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17363602 - 4 years ago

I wonder how much Netflix paid to bring out on their service so quickly. It made a LOT of money when it released online, and you can almost guarantee that Netflix saw a membership bump when they rolled it out on their service.