Forums > SideQuest

Austin Ghost Tour

Posts (17)

• plumpo

plumpo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Technofixer

#31202011 - 8 years ago

I would really like to go on one of these. After all Griffin's talk on the podcast about them they sound like a blast. I found a website that offers them.

www.austinghosttours.com/

I emailed them about to see if they had anything planned for the night of the 26th, times, cost, ect... still waiting on a reply. How many people would be interested in going if things got off the ground?

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31202012 - 8 years ago

In reply to FullaHolesLV, #1:

I'll probably pass. I'm not a ghost believer, and if I'm going to just have drinks with a bunch of people from RT I'd rather do it at Highball or another local bar.

• Artymas

Artymas FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31202013 - 8 years ago

Austin Ghost Tours is actually really good! I went on their Halloween tour and really enjoyed it. Even if you don't believe in ghosts, it's still fun to wander around downtown Austin and be told stories about its history. (It was especially fun because we went on Halloween weekend and there were a ton of crazy drunken people in costumes running around.)

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31202014 - 8 years ago

In reply to Artymas, #3:

Haha I bet Halloween would be awesome. 6th is nuts on Halloween! But for just a normal ghost tour, I think I'd personally rather do my own pub crawl or something instead

• Artymas

Artymas FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31202015 - 8 years ago

In reply to GB330033, #4:

I'm excited because my birthday is November 1st so at midnight on Halloween night I'm turning 21. It's gonna be the best night ever.

Also, that makes sense. It was pretty cool though on our ghost tour when the tour guide pointed out where a scene from Machete was filmed. But there's so much fun to be had on 6th and awesome food trailers that set up for 6th street drunkards. :)

• Artymas

#31202016 - 8 years ago

Oh hey, you live in Austin. Now I look totally stupid ahaha!

• GB330033

#31202017 - 8 years ago

In reply to Artymas, #6:

smiley0.gif

I've been one of those drunkards my fair share of times

• plumpo

plumpo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Technofixer

#31202018 - 8 years ago

I'm looking forward to being one in Austin. With or without the ghost tour

• iamjohngalt

iamjohngalt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31202019 - 8 years ago

Wouldn't it be a good idea to ask Griffin which one she would recommend? Either way I'll probably end up doing this.

I pray my story ends up like her New Orleans trip.

• plumpo

#31202020 - 8 years ago

I would love to ask her, but l don't know how to get a message to here that she would read. I put a comment on her page, but we will see.

• Abstruse

Abstruse

#31202021 - 8 years ago

If you can't get into one (they're pricey and it's the off season for ghost tours), I've actually done enough research I can do an impromptu one about Austin's first serial killer (who some believe may have been Jack the Ripper practicing before going back to London) and a few of the biggest hotspots downtown. I'm also a massive skeptic so I can present the folklore and stories without giving you a lot of mumbo jumbo. Seriously, the stories are creepy enough on their own in some cases.

• plumpo

#31202022 - 8 years ago

I emailed a company who does them, its $20 bucks a head, and we would need at least 20 people to go for them to make it a private thing. If there is enough interest I will follow up on it.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#31202023 - 8 years ago

Any word on this? I'm certain Nat would be interested, depending on the day and time, and that means I'd probably come too.

• bi_pagan

bi_pagan

#31202024 - 8 years ago

That sounds like a lot of fun! I know how much I love the one in Charleston, but I'd love to do one in a town I didn't grow up in lol

• plumpo

#31202025 - 8 years ago

There hasn't been a lot of positive feedback from the places I have posted. I don't think there would be a big enough group of people do to the private tours, but maybe if there is one scheduled one of the nights we can get in on that.

• bi_pagan

bi_pagan

#31202026 - 8 years ago

In reply to FullaHolesLV, #15:

I'll talk to some of my friends who are going. I don't know if they've seen this thread so I'll send them over to see if they're interested.

• GB330033

#31202027 - 8 years ago

If you are interested in a ghost tour that fits in with the Sidequest schedule you might check out the tour of the Paramount Theater that apparently includes some ghost aspects.