Forums > SideQuest

Where is everyone coming from?

Posts (62)

• Nester82

Nester82 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31180601 - 8 years ago

Morgantown, West Virginia myself.

• SailorTweek

SailorTweek FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTX Head Guardian

#31180602 - 8 years ago

Seattle, WA. smiley12.gif

• SailorTweek

SailorTweek FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTX Head Guardian

#31180603 - 8 years ago

Seattle, WA. smiley12.gif

• Newbs

Newbs FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PM

#31180604 - 8 years ago

In reply to SailorTweek, #29:

Hey Sailor just an fyi, there is a second Sailor from Seattle, WA as well...might be looking at a battle in Austin when the two of you meet.

• kitn42

kitn42

#31180605 - 8 years ago

In reply to halogoddess1, #4:

NO WAY!!!!! Im dumbfounded right now... I thought for sure I would be the only person from alamogordo! Yay for small towns! smiley0.gif

• Lammy

Lammy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31180606 - 8 years ago

Comin down from Boston, Ma.

• Kiyoshi

Kiyoshi

#31180607 - 8 years ago

Tulare, California.

Flying out of Los Angeles, California......

So yep.. 3 hour drive, 4.5 hour flight.. losing 2 hours of time... It's gonna be GRAND!

• Abstruse

Abstruse

#31180608 - 8 years ago

I'm coming from I-35 and Oltorf. Unfortunately, I'm also on the bus which means my total commute time (considering how far north and south some of the destinations are) may actually be longer than some of you guys driving/flying in :p

• HolythGoalie

HolythGoalie

#31180609 - 8 years ago

Fort Collins, Colorado.

• Boomer

Boomer FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTX London Head Guardian

#31180610 - 8 years ago

Leicester, UK...so, furthest so far smiley8.gif

• Milky1985

Milky1985

#31180611 - 8 years ago

In reply to jamilio, #36:

London UK (depends on if I got home or not), so about the same :P

• RoiOokami

RoiOokami FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31180612 - 8 years ago

San Antonio, TX :P

• cowboybrady

cowboybrady

#31180613 - 8 years ago

Merritt Island, Florida

• JoeZombi

JoeZombi FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31180614 - 8 years ago

Im flying in from Huntsville, AL

• Birdville

Birdville

#31180615 - 8 years ago

I'll be flying in from Nashville, TN Thursday around 11 AM. I'm going to try to get out quick to the lunch Sidequest if there is one.

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31180616 - 8 years ago

In reply to agd2i, #41:

Thursday's lunch will be at Homeslice Pizza and I believe the plan is to be there from 11am to about 1pm. So depending on when exactly your flight lands and how long it takes you to get from the airport to your hotel to Homeslice, you might be able to make it. If not, we'll be hanging out doing other stuff on Thursday and then going out for dinner and drinks

• Milky1985

Milky1985

#31180617 - 8 years ago

Will there be some sort of signup/meeting place(front of hotel?)/someone standing there with a big sign to say meet here?

Basically somewhere i can go where i won't have to make an idiot of myself saying to everyone "are you here for RTX" trying to find people :p (and getting odd looks as people see me as the crazy brit)

• Newbs

Newbs FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PM

#31180618 - 8 years ago

In reply to Milky1985, #43:

Why do you think we have camera phones. We'll be sitting in a chair int he lobby just watching those events unfold. Muhahahaha

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31180619 - 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure the RTXers will be easy to spot at the hotel and Sidequest locations based on the various shirts and general nerd-dom you'll see.

In any case, I might be heading to the hotel to round up any stragglers before each Sidequest event. I'm not positive I'll be doing this though, so don't count on it.

If nothing else, I plan on having some maps with bus route information and such posted here well in advance of RTX so at least you won't get lost.

• Popsicle

Popsicle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31180620 - 8 years ago

Driving down from Chanute, Kansas

• Awful_Outlaw

Awful_Outlaw

#31180621 - 8 years ago

>I moved to Austin months ago just to be here for RTX.
    Originally from McAllen, TX.

• Newbs

#31180622 - 8 years ago

In reply to Awful_Outlaw, #47:

You're going with that huh? Or is that for real? Cause that's fucking dedication

• Awful_Outlaw

Awful_Outlaw

#31180623 - 8 years ago

In reply to Newbs28, #48:

>I don't think they'd even announced RTX then. I moved to Austin cause I knew people here.
    Good place though.

• Abstruse

Abstruse

#31180624 - 8 years ago

In reply to GB330033, #45:

I'm pretty sure the RTXers will be easy to spot at the hotel and Sidequest locations based on the various shirts and general nerd-dom you'll see.

You don't know Austin very well then. General nerddom is an Austinite's modus operandi.

• Newbs

#31180625 - 8 years ago

We should make a code word. Everyone just yell Dirtbag! at the top of their lungs when they think they are in the vicinity of a RTX'er