Where do you want to go?

Posts (40)

• kitn42

kitn42

#31180479 - 8 years ago

In reply to Count3D, #27:

Thank you! Just what I was looking for.

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31180480 - 8 years ago

In reply to kitn42, #26:

For Italian I would recommend Botticelli's or Enoteca Vespaio. Cannoli Joe's is okay, but because its an Italian buffet I don't think the food is as good as a traditional Italian place. Then again, people have different tastes!

I can't really suggest anything for the Asian stuff. I'm not really a fan of most Asian flavors, but I can check with some friends.

• Abstruse

Abstruse

#31180481 - 8 years ago

In reply to kitn42, #26:

There's a ton of Chinese, Vietnamese, and Thai places in town of varying quality. Buffet Palace is pretty good, but it's very American Chinese if that makes any sense. If you like Thai, all my friends rave about Madam Mam's. I'm not a fan because Thai food to me seems like ruining good-quality ramen by putting peanut butter in it (think Japanese ramen, not college-dorm ramen), but that's just me. Unfortunately, my favorite Asian place (a Japanese/Hawaiian fusion place that did teriyaki) closed down a year or two ago.

As far as Italian, Cannoli Joe's has won a bunch of awards, but it is a buffet. Also, Spaghetti Warehouse downtown is supposedly good (I've never eaten there personally), but it's also supposedly haunted and a stop on most of the ghost tours in town. It's also been downtown forever, which is a statement since places open and close all the time competing for real estate there.

• kitn42

kitn42

#31180482 - 8 years ago

Oh man. Im not used to having choices of where to eat. The typical conversation here: "want to eat out? Sure! Ok, Chilis or Applebees? No let's drive 80 miles and go to olive garden! Ohh feeling fancy today?" Lol! Thanks for the suggestions. smiley0.gif Only a little over 4 weeks till pure awesomeness! smiley13.gif

• Abstruse

Abstruse

#31180483 - 8 years ago

In reply to kitn42, #31:

I have within walking distance to my apartment an Israeli deli, a Vietnamese restaurant, and three Tex/Mex places not including the two taco trucks, all independent. And it's like that pretty much everywhere. There's a pretty good Indian restaurant across the highway from the hotel.

• Awful_Outlaw

Awful_Outlaw

#31180484 - 8 years ago

>Even though I live in Austin, I'm excited. Haven't had a chance to go explore the eateries much and my friends aren't the tour guide types.

• flats

flats FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31180485 - 8 years ago

I cant remember if it's been mentioned yet or not, but The County Line BBQ off of 2222 is always a favorite of mine when i'm in austin...

• Dopp

Dopp ROLL TIDE

#31180486 - 8 years ago

...back to RTX

• bi_pagan

bi_pagan

#31180487 - 8 years ago

In reply to Dopp, #35:

TAKE ME WITH YOU!

• angellos1987

angellos1987

#31180488 - 7 years ago

How about Mighty Fine, i've always wanted clean hands....

• callMeNorth

callMeNorth

#31180489 - 7 years ago

Any of the Burger or Pizza places mentioned on the DT, but if at all possible could we try and find places that are -21 friendly? I'd definitely appreciate it.

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31180490 - 7 years ago

In reply to callMeNorth, #38:

Don't worry, a lot of our events are -21 friendly. Of things we have announced, you'll just be missing out on The Highball after 10pm and the bar crawl portion of the BarLympics. Everything else you'll be able to do!

• callMeNorth

callMeNorth

#31180491 - 7 years ago

In reply to GB330033, #39:

Ah much appreciated. Out of curiosity, when can I get my hands on this years schedule?

• GB330033

#31180492 - 7 years ago

In reply to callMeNorth, #40:

We are still nailing down times with various locations. I posted the most complete schedule I could earlier today. We will make another news post once things are finalized more

• callMeNorth

callMeNorth

#31180493 - 7 years ago

In reply to GB330033, #41:

Excellent, I can't wait, this is going to be great.