Forums > SideQuest

RTX SideQuest: Pre-RTX Highball Party

Posts (65)

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31510674 - 7 years ago

Event Fast Facts:
    What?: RTX pre-party w/ dinner, drinks, bowling, and karaoke
    Where?: The Highball (1142 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704)
    When?: Thursday, July 5th at 8PM (exact time tentative)
    How much?: TBA
    What am I paying for?: Dinner, room rental+fees, unlimited bowling, unlimited karaoke
    Age limit?: 18+ until 10PM, then 21+

The first SideQuest event of RTX 2012 will be a pre-party at The Highball! We're going to hang out Thursday night (We're thinking 8PM to Midnight or so. Maybe longer?) before RTX and have dinner and drinks, bowl a few frames, sing our lungs out with some karaoke, and consume some delicious Gourdoughs donuts have a blast. What do you think guys and gals? Will you be joining us?

Edit: Apparently Gourdoughs has moved from their location near the Highball. We're going to look into their new location and see how we can manage to get there

Post edited 2/21/12 10:01AM

• locken

locken FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold We're All A little Mad H

#31510675 - 7 years ago

Will there be a team match up for bowling?
    As for Karaoke, I'd like to call dibs on "Don't Stop Believing". Anyone who wants to sing it with me is more than welcome!

Post edited 2/20/12 8:41PM

• cjschnyder

cjschnyder

#31510676 - 7 years ago

In reply to Locken, #2:

Fine but I call dibs on "Still Alive"

• Oddree13

Oddree13 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTX Guardian x4

#31510677 - 7 years ago

depending on my flight I will make it to the party (please give me the time so I schedule accordingly!)

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31510678 - 7 years ago

In reply to Oddree13, #4:

I just edited the post with a time. We haven't confirmed it yet, but we're shooting to start between 7 and 8PM. We'll probably run to midnight, or maybe until close. Depends on the cost.

• Demax

Demax

#31510679 - 7 years ago

I am soooo ready for this! This is my first RTX and I really can't wait to hang out with this amazing community!

• Birdville

Birdville

#31510680 - 7 years ago

I will attempt to SideQuest sans car this time saving money on car rental . So who ever has one there be prepared to be to be glommed onto.

• Dopp

Dopp ROLL TIDE

#31510681 - 7 years ago

I'll be getting in on Thursday and this year I'm hoping to leave a lot earlier. Last year we missed it due to arriving much later than anticipated (mainly due to us not finding our hotel very quickly), and conflicting schedules. When you've promised grub to a bunch of RTXers, you better give it to them!

• Nester82

Nester82 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31510682 - 7 years ago

You had me at Karaoke! I should be in town sometime Thursday so I will definitely be there.

Post edited 2/20/12 10:03PM

• callMeNorth

callMeNorth

#31510683 - 7 years ago

Would love to go, but I'm sadly 18, not 21, now if this was in Canada, it'd be so much easier, anyways, will there be less-than-21 friendly parties going on?

• Birdville

Birdville

#31510684 - 7 years ago

In reply to callMeNorth, #10:

Ah the curse of youth. You couuld at least come until 10pm when the bar becomes 21+.

• sdesperado

sdesperado

#31510685 - 7 years ago

I'm definitely excited for this, but does RTX start on Friday? The 7th is Saturday...

Does this mean the amount of fun from Thursday is going to push us to the start of RTX? :>

Let's do the Time Warp Again!

• Birdville

Birdville

#31510686 - 7 years ago

In reply to sdesperado, #12:
    You're right . The even proper begins on Sautrday but many folks will be coming in on Thursday for some extra time in Austin. In the case of myself I'm arriving Thursday so I can be available if I have Guardian duties on Friday and of corse for more SideQuest fun.

• kaori6

kaori6 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31510687 - 7 years ago

Won't be in til Friday afternoon :-(

• aww102

aww102 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTXL Guardian

#31510688 - 7 years ago

I'll see what flights I can get for Thursday, but I'll definitely try to be there!

• sdesperado

sdesperado

#31510689 - 7 years ago

In reply to agd2i, #13:

Right I'm not complaining as I'll be driving up to Austin on Thursday as well just curious of the scheduling. It'll be like last year then! :D

• cat5cable

cat5cable Incompetent

#31510690 - 7 years ago

Should my flights and connecting flights arrive on time, I'll be there.

• Okfors

Okfors

#31510691 - 7 years ago

My flight arrives about 7 from sweden, and i have no clue where this is but i would like to go. Staing at the hilton hotell. Any help?

• aww102

aww102 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTXL Guardian

#31510692 - 7 years ago

In reply to Okfors, #18:

Just Google Map it!

• Okfors

Okfors

#31510693 - 7 years ago

Ok, but noticed that i arrive on Friday, not thursday. . .NOOOOOOOOO.

• Optimizer

Optimizer FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Still Here

#31510694 - 7 years ago

Bad news about Gordough's. That whole trailer eatery has moved. Gordough's is now on first near the school for the deaf.

• aww102

#31510695 - 7 years ago

In reply to Optimizer, #21:

It's moved to 1503 South & 1st, which is a mile away from the Highball. After travelling thousands of miles just to get the Highball, I think we can manage one more.

• Larcher

Larcher FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Chunky Monkey

#31510696 - 7 years ago

If we can land a flight (heh see what I did there LAND a FLIGHT. 'Cause y'know airplanes..fly and they...have.....to...shut up) Early enpugh you can bet I'll be there to make an ass of myself. In reply to Locken, #2: I'm going to have to take you up on that offer smiley13.gif

P.S.
    Anyone up for some drunken Foreigner? Maybe a little Cold As Ice or, Hot Blooded?

• GB330033

#31510697 - 7 years ago

In reply to Optimizer, #21:

Oh wow, I had NO idea! I haven't been there in a while, so I totally missed that they moved! Perhaps we'll have to plan a different trip to Gourdoughs...

• Birdville

Birdville

#31510698 - 7 years ago

In reply to Larcher, #23:

I think I'll go with "Juke Box Hero"