Forums > SideQuest

RTX SideQuest: The BarLympics

Posts (47)

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31510578 - 7 years ago

Event Fast Facts:
    What?: Competitive party! Red vs Blue! Drinking! Trivia! Games!
    Where?: Buffalo Billiards (The REC Room) (201 East 6th Street Austin, TX 78701)
    When?: Saturday, July 7th at 9PM (exact time tentative)
    How much?: TBA - Likely $5
    What am I paying for?: Unlimited foosball, billiards, shuffleboard+other games, room rental+fees
    Age Limit?: 18+ (If you're under 21 you may not leave and return. You will not be let back inside.)

So we've already talked a lot about the BarLympics in this news post but this is a thread where you can discuss the event, what team you're planning to join, and all sorts of other stuff! Also, PLEASE answer the poll so we know how many people will be joining us!

Post edited 2/23/12 4:41PM

• locken

locken FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold We're All A little Mad H

#31510579 - 7 years ago

In reply to GB330033, #1:

I have just two words for you, Blue Team!
    Should we have national "RvB" anthems for the winners?

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31510580 - 7 years ago

In reply to Locken, #2:

That would be awesome! I wrote a "Battle Hymn of the Red Team" last year. If I can find it, I'll post it!

• highvltg2

highvltg2

#31510581 - 7 years ago

I've said this before but freelancers all the way

• peej216

peej216 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31510582 - 7 years ago

ill hit it up

• sdesperado

sdesperado

#31510583 - 7 years ago

My turning 21 has been leading up to this moment.

If you're not first, you're last!

• GB330033

#31510584 - 7 years ago

Because I've been getting some questions about the specifics of each event, I've added some "fast facts" to the top of each thread. Let me know if there are any more questions!

• locken

locken FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold We're All A little Mad H

#31510585 - 7 years ago

In reply to GB330033, #7:

Yes, did you find the "Battle Hymn of the Red Team"?

On a side note, any members from RTX '11 Blue Team watching this thread? If so, lets work on our "Battle Hymn". smiley0.gif

• Chad

Chad

#31510586 - 7 years ago

Count Me In! :D

• iamjohngalt

iamjohngalt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31510587 - 7 years ago

Looks like a repeat victory for the Red team. smiley13.gif Can't wait to shoot some pool.

• locken

#31510588 - 7 years ago

In reply to iamjohngalt, #10:

The fact that you have a martini sitting on top of racked balls in your profile picture has me worried.
    To the Billiard Room!

• angellos1987

angellos1987

#31510589 - 7 years ago

Im going but ill fill on whatever team comes up short

• locken

#31510590 - 7 years ago

In reply to angellos1987, #12:

*waves hand like Jedi* You will join Blue Team.

• Izzi

Izzi

#31510591 - 7 years ago

Can I joing Blue Team too?

• locken

#31510592 - 7 years ago

In reply to Izzi, #14:

Heck yes you can!

• Chad

Chad

#31510593 - 7 years ago

In reply to iamjohngalt, #10:

You, me, Herps, and whoever else.
    fist-pump-we-got-this.jpg

• askewedone13

askewedone13

#31510594 - 7 years ago

Count me in and sign me onto the Red Team.

• locken

#31510595 - 7 years ago

I'm really curious as to how the teams are currently divided...

• GB330033

#31510596 - 7 years ago

Technically there are no teams yet... You'll be picking those when you buy your ticket!

Edit: That sounded rude. I didn't mean to imply you can't start planning those things yet!

Post edited 2/23/12 4:25PM

• locken

#31510597 - 7 years ago

In reply to GB330033, #19:

Sooo, what you're saying is now is the time to start recruiting people, and the free agents (Freelancers) can jump ship to equal things out?
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm sticking with Blue Team. Once a Blue, always a Blue!

EDIT: Don't worry about it, I didn't take you for being rude.

Post edited 2/23/12 4:30PM

• GB330033

#31510598 - 7 years ago

In reply to Locken, #20:

You can totally recruit and all that jazz. All I ask is that we *TRY* to keep it even. Otherwise I'll have to balance the teams by force... and you really don't want that smiley8.gif

• locken

#31510599 - 7 years ago

In reply to GB330033, #21:

Well, it wouldn't be fair if the teams weren't somewhat even. Didn't that happen to the Freelancers last year? During the game some of them left the team to join the Reds?

• Lunah_Bat

Lunah_Bat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Lunah_Bat

#31510600 - 7 years ago

My husband and I will totally be rocking Red Team

• Okfors

Okfors

#31510601 - 7 years ago

Oh i´ll be there, can´t decide witch team though.

• Jean110

Jean110 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTMI's Red Shirt

#31510602 - 7 years ago

Looks like a good time, I'm in. Any team works for me. I've got a shirt or two from at least each team, so I'm set for whichever side.