Forums > SideQuest

RTX SideQuest: Childs Play Auction/Mixer

Posts (49)

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31510650 - 7 years ago

In reply to cat5cable, #23:

A tux would be too fancy. Even a full suit might be. I plan on wearing slacks and a nice button down shirt. No tie. Remember that this is in July in Texas, meaning anything w/ a jacket will be absurdly unnecessary.

As for the auction items, count3d would be the person to ask about that!

• cat5cable

cat5cable Incompetent

#31510651 - 7 years ago

In reply to GB330033, #26:

Cheers I'll PM him when I get home from work!

• ladydonut

ladydonut

#31510652 - 7 years ago

In reply to cat5cable, #23:

Kilts are the manliest (and classiest) way to go pantsless. And you know what they say: You can't make friends with pants on.

• Dame

Dame

#31510653 - 7 years ago

Well since it benefits Childs Play, its moving to the top of my list!

I have my RTX ticket and a place to stay out there.
    Just still working on the airfare part of it. If I can get out there, I will do all I can to make this SQ!

Thank you guys for your time and effort in organizing this! smiley13.gifsmiley12.gif

• Courtney

Courtney

#31510654 - 7 years ago

Can't wait =)

• FelixCastro

FelixCastro FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31510655 - 7 years ago

I was curious and I've never been to a silent auction how much would you expect things to sell for just so I know if I'll be able to get anything

• GB330033

GB330033 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Whoops, looks like somet

#31510656 - 7 years ago

In reply to tcastro, #31:

It all depends! We really hope people will be generous and things will go for a lot so we can have a lot to donate to Child's Play, but we don't know for sure. I hope some of the cooler items will go for at least a hundred dollars or so!

We might be posting some valuations of items a few weeks before the event, but I need to talk to Count3D about that.

• Cadet2386

Cadet2386 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31510657 - 7 years ago

Sounds like a good time. I'm in.

• AlexlovesRT

AlexlovesRT

#31510658 - 7 years ago

I can't wait to attend, See you all there!

• Dame

Dame

#31510659 - 7 years ago

Less than a month away now! so exciting!

• Ghandi05

Ghandi05 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31510660 - 7 years ago

Just bought my ticket! Now I need to go find some slacks and a new tie.

• SailorGirl81

SailorGirl81 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper Of Kittens

#31510661 - 7 years ago

So were/are we supposed to be sending photos of what we're donating to someone?

• GB330033

#31510662 - 7 years ago

In reply to SailorGirl81, #37:

Get in touch with @Count3D. He's handling all auction related business

• Dame

Dame

#31510663 - 7 years ago

We are getting very close to the date now! smiley1.gif

..is the start time still tentatively 9pm??
    or do we have a more official start time now?

• GB330033

#31510664 - 7 years ago

Nope! Definitely 9pm-12am!

• Dame

Dame

#31510665 - 7 years ago

In reply to GB330033, #40:

Alrighty! Thanks smiley1.gif

• Cadet2386

Cadet2386 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31510666 - 7 years ago

I feel kind of bad not being able to pack anything more "Cocktail" related, most of my luggage space was taken up by my Caboose armor, but I'm still super excited to come, ever if I'll be way under-dressed...

• GB330033

#31510667 - 7 years ago

In reply to Cadet2386, #42:

There's no such thing as under-dressed! Hell, show up in your armor if you want to!

• SailorGirl81

SailorGirl81 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper Of Kittens

#31510668 - 7 years ago

Hey, how about starting a taxi share thread for SideQuest? I'm sure I'm not the only Sidequester staying at the Radisson (or insert your hotel name here). I can walk to the events downtown but Thursday and Sunday night will require transportation.

• Cadet2386

#31510669 - 7 years ago

In reply to GB330033, #43:

Well...if you guys wouldn't mind, I suppose I could do that.

• Count3D

Count3D FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Site Admin

#31510670 - 7 years ago

THANK YOU to everyone who came out. That was one of the best nights ever, seriously.

• Dame

Dame

#31510671 - 7 years ago

Thanks again for hosting. I really appreciate the time and work that you guys put in to this so that other RT'ers could have an easier way to meet-up, make new friends, and have a blast!

• LordOwen

LordOwen

#31510672 - 7 years ago

I had a brilliant time at the auction! It was my first time actually getting to bid on/possibly win something, too, so I made sure that I walked away with something I really, really wanted!

Dom, I know I was a camping bastard, but can you really blame me?

LordOwen4ffaedcc74dc7.jpg

• SailorGirl81

#31510673 - 7 years ago

In reply to LordOwen, #48:

Adriane (sp?) wasn't too happy either!