Forums > FIRST Members

Red vs. Blue/ Rooster teeth RSS feed.

Posts (20)

• duncan_stive

duncan_stive

#2623274 - 13 years ago

I wanted to throw a suggestion out and see if anyone supported it and what people thought.
    I would like to see a Rooster Teeth RSS feed as a sponsor extra. Here are some of the features I imagined it could have:
    Karma level
    Mod points
    Mod history
    Your threads (the last page so you could see replies)
    News
    and obviously notification when a new video is up.

I use started using Windows Live today and found a number of awesome RSS feeds for my homepage and that made me think how cool a RT feed would be. What does everyone else think? Any other features that should be there?

P.S I posted this here because I imagined this feature as a sponser only extra. If it would be better suited to another form would a mod please move it?

• nblabrant

nblabrant

#2623482 - 13 years ago

I read somewhere that the fine fellows at Roosterteeth are revamping the site. Seems like now would be the time to suggest different opinions, and see how the general populace handles them.

I myself don't know a lot about RSS feeding, but I think the subscription to be a sponsor should be higher. I just think that if any extra features are made available, it would most definitely be worth the dough.

• Lynnbuggs

Lynnbuggs

#2623495 - 13 years ago

Hmm sounds good to me, I like it! smiley7.gif

• duncan_stive

duncan_stive

#2623597 - 13 years ago

I don't know about everyone else but I would even pay a little extra for it. Who knows.. maybe it time to bring back "super" sponsorships.

• nblabrant

nblabrant

#2623803 - 13 years ago

Are you trying to sum up what I said in less words?.. Ok... my turn. "Don't everyone else pay extra for super hips."

• duncan_stive

duncan_stive

#2623841 - 13 years ago

If you would like to see an RT RSS feed post here and maybe if there is enough support RT will make one.

If you have never used RSS or don't currently see how it would be useful go to www.live.com and sign-up for a free windows live beta account. It lets you have your hotmail and RSS feeds of your choice all in one place, you can even RSS your live stats (at least for Halo 2) by linking your gamer tag at bungie.net. Once you use Windows Live you will see how cool it would be to have an RSS feed for RT.

• DeeMonstar

DeeMonstar

#2624130 - 13 years ago

The website already uses RSS feeds. They are only on the news page on on profiles/journals.

• duncan_stive

duncan_stive

#2624343 - 13 years ago

wow! I had no idea they had them. The other features would cool though. Can you tell me how to access them?

• DeeMonstar

DeeMonstar

#2625165 - 13 years ago

In reply to duncan_stive, #8:

Look for the below image somewhere on your broswer and click it.
    rss7ul.png

• FunkEye

FunkEye

#2626463 - 13 years ago

In reply to DeeMonstar, #9:

That's assuming that they are using FireFox.

• FunkEye

FunkEye

#2626465 - 13 years ago

Oh, right. And RT started using a general news feed at episode 1. Or maybe before. I've only been around since Ep. 4, so I don't know if they had them at DG.

• DeeMonstar

DeeMonstar

#2635628 - 13 years ago

In reply to FunkEye, #10:

I thought it was the same image for every browser? And there are other browsers than Firefox?

• FunkEye

FunkEye

#2636921 - 13 years ago

In reply to DeeMonstar, #12:

To the first part of your question, I actually don't know, because for the second part of your question, I also don't know. It's all I use. I always kinda assumed that that image was exclusive to FireFox.

And, I actually don't care enough to make sure. So, let's just assume you're right, and say that it is the same image on every browser.

• duncan_stive

duncan_stive

#2640798 - 13 years ago

In reply to FunkEye, #13:

Not to start a flame war here but I definitly perfer IE. The reason being in part because firefox is not compatible with licesned Ebooks or some activeX controls used for various Ecommerece systems. I used Firefox when my system was infected by Cool Web Search but since I formated I have not used it agian.

• HatHead

HatHead

#3508990 - 13 years ago

Hello - I love the RSS feeds but the items get truncated at around 45 characters. Also, there is no date included in the feed/items.

It would totally awesome if RT opened the character limit to include full news and journal entries as well as included the post date so that the items could be read in their entirety in an RSS reader. For example, I have a text-to-speech RSS reader that reads the RSS feeds out loud with a cool synthesized voice. I even have a microsoft agent as the 'news' announcer:

My RvB RSS Announcer

mandy.jpg

(I am using CyberBuddy to read the RSS feeds & Kate to voice it. Agent from Desktopmates.com)

She just pops up from time to time with an update but I can only hear the first little bit of each item. smiley2.gif

• duncan_stive

duncan_stive

#3509883 - 13 years ago

This is a very OLD thread... but yes that would be cool but that little piece of software sounds like it might contain ad-ware. Any problems with it?

(by problems I of course mean 1000s of pop-up ads for p0rn sites)

Post edited 1/25/06 7:03AM

• HatHead

HatHead

#3511578 - 13 years ago

In reply to duncan_stive, #16:

No adware in the software - I have been using this software and would love to get RvB into it. No pop-ups - it's very cool. You can even get it with speech recognition (if you pay for an upgrade as cyber-buddy is free)

I used this thread because it is one of maybe two threads I can find about RSS anywhere on the site. I hope that RvB gets around to their RSS feeds - can only be a good thing. But I see that this in the Sponsor forum - I might post this for all to see and see what the feedback is.

• duncan_stive

duncan_stive

#3511630 - 13 years ago

hmm.. I might buy it.. how much?

• HatHead

HatHead

#3511691 - 13 years ago

cyberbuddy is free without speech recognition, with speech recognition it is $18 plus $2.95 for shipping. (no download) It still 'talks' without speech recognition - speech reco just allows you to activate with your voice to:

"Ask for the Time, Date, News, Weather, Stocks, Internet Speed etc.
    Ask to get or read your email.
    Ask for a joke, thought or Feel Good Message
    Tell to change characters
    Tell to raise or lower his volume
    Ask to read a web page or to load a web page in your Favorites or Bookmarks to your browser.
    Command him to run programs for you.
    Tell him to dial a phone number of a friend. (Version 4)
    There is even a built-in speech-driven calculator "

You can certainly use it for your other RSS feeds. It also watches webpages for you as well (though I haven't used this yet)

Post edited 1/25/06 11:16AM

• duncan_stive

duncan_stive

#3511694 - 13 years ago

cool... thanks