Forums > FIRST Members

RTX 2012

Posts (29)

• iSayWhat

iSayWhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Plot Twist

#14875190 - 7 years ago

• iSayWhat

iSayWhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Plot Twist

#14875191 - 7 years ago

Oh and thought I'd might as well add this poll.

• Hunter

Hunter Achievement

#14875520 - 7 years ago

$30, I think.

18+, unless with a parent.

Got together with friends on the site, and we found a great place that let us stay for $100 for 4 nights. (Split between 3 people.)

Austin has everything to eat. EVERYTHING.

Yep. They went off-sale in 12 minutes. So if you don't buy instantly, you might not get in. Of course, RTX is going to be significantly expanded this year, so who knows.

• iSayWhat

#14875546 - 7 years ago

So about $180 for a place to stay, food and the tickets... Well that seems like a bargin, guess I need to find some people who I could share a place with smiley4.gif .

My plane tickets going to cost me about $400 smiley5.gif

• iSayWhat

#14876450 - 7 years ago

Hmm how easy would it be to sneak into the night events smiley0.gif

• josh

josh Canuck

#14876745 - 7 years ago

In reply to iSayWhat, #6:

Hmm how easy would it be to sneak into the night events

Given that you are 3 years under the drinking age in the US, I wouldn't recommend it. If you were caught, RT would be subject to fines and other penalties.

• iSayWhat

#14876767 - 7 years ago

In reply to optimumforge, #5:

No age restriction, but you'll want to be 21 if you want to hit the night time events.

Is 21 the entry age of these events or did you just recommend that due to the drinking age being 21. Also anyone know any more information on the alcohol laws, since here it is legal to drink (for under 18s) on private property as long as permission from both parent and property owner is given.

• Rednaz

Rednaz

#14876866 - 7 years ago

In reply to iSayWhat, #8:

In the US, if you are under the age of 21 you are not allowed to drink period. I believe there are a few exceptions, but none of which apply for what you want to do.

Good luck trying to sneak in without proper ID.

• kylebrodeur

kylebrodeur

#14885913 - 7 years ago

Yeah, I wouldn't try sneaking in it wouldn't be a good thing for you or for RT.

Luckily I'll be 21 by RTX 2012

• iSayWhat

#14886187 - 7 years ago

Nah I won't actually try sneaking in, but I am wondering if these night events require you to be 21 to enter the building. I don't mind drinking soft drinks.

• gj3rmund

gj3rmund FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14891954 - 7 years ago

im going to try to get to rtx 2012, only problem is my plane ticket will be in the 1200-2000$ range. and thats JUST travel

• ltlantzman44

ltlantzman44

#14892993 - 7 years ago

In reply to iSayWhat, #11:

Ya same here. I just wanna know if we can go, I don't care if I can't drink

• iSayWhat

#14893093 - 7 years ago

In reply to gj3rmund, #12:

Woh, where you flying from the moon? Mine cost me £400 - £600. That's about $1000.

• locken

locken FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold We're All A little Mad H

#14908373 - 7 years ago

In reply to gj3rmund, #12:

Dude that's crazy? Which airlines are you looking at? My tickets are only going to run me about $400 or $500. Three hundred if I buy them now, but I don't have the money to back that up right now.

• locken

locken FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold We're All A little Mad H

#14908381 - 7 years ago

In reply to iSayWhat, #11:

I think SideQuest will be adding more events for under 21 to participate in.
    They did have one event that required the participant to be 21+.

Post edited 11/02/11 2:30PM

• pizzarocket

pizzarocket FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14946884 - 7 years ago

RTX falls on my 21st birthday this year so i am for sure going. kinda making my birthday wish to have a drink with the RT staff. anybody here from western or southern colorado going?

• locken

#14946905 - 7 years ago

In reply to pizzarocket, #17:

I'm from New England, but if you're going I'm buying you a drink to celebrate your birthday. smiley13.gif
    You have been forewarned, every RT Community member at RTX may want to buy you a drink to celebrate. That's a lot of drinks.

• pizzarocket

pizzarocket FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14946915 - 7 years ago

hey thanks man, that means a lot. i be there, even if i have have to make the trip without a ticket. i am not above begging on my birthday to get into this event smiley13.gif

dont worry about it man, im a third year college student with two jobs and disposable income. i can handle my booze. but thats what im talking about! thats why i love rooster teeth and the RT community so much! everyone is super nice and to think that they would but drinks for some dude that they have never even met before just blows me away.

Post edited 11/30/11 11:22PM

• locken

#14946951 - 7 years ago

In reply to pizzarocket, #19:

Wasn't really a warning label, more of a subtle suggestion. Keep saying it's your birthday. smiley13.gif

I agree, the RT Community is awesome.

• Rednaz

Rednaz

#14946992 - 7 years ago

In reply to Locken, #18:

Free Booze = More money for other stuff. I'd say it's a win.

At least, until you puke and pass out.

• iSayWhat

#14947092 - 7 years ago

In reply to pizzarocket, #19:
    Lucky sod wish they could lower the drinking age just a tad smiley4.gif .

At least I'll be 19 in time for RvBTO, meaning I can drink there.

• locken

#14947114 - 7 years ago

In reply to iSayWhat, #22:

Wait isn't RvBTO in Canada? I thought their drinking age was lower than the States?

• iSayWhat

#14947157 - 7 years ago

In reply to Locken, #23:

That's what I'm saying, the drinking age is 19 in Canada. I turn 19 in July, so I'm happy I can get drunk at RvBTO even though I can't at RTX.

• locken

#14947204 - 7 years ago

In reply to iSayWhat, #24:

Not to self, don't skim read.

• pizzarocket

#14948240 - 7 years ago

im down with that lol. dont think i can afford to go to both events this year though... no matter how much i want to. what dates is RTX actually going to fall over this time? is it still a four day deal? i missed out on last year, so i really have no idea