Forums > FIRST Members

Rooster Teeth First

Posts (43)

• hunterofartemis

hunterofartemis FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Meg Pink

#33238983 - 3 years ago

What do you guys think of the changes to the sponsorship? If you don't know what they are I'll list them below.

-The 6 month price is changing from 15.99 to 19.99

-Since people thought the term "sponsorship" was confusing they are now changing it to "First"

-There is going to be a new tier called "First double gold membership"

-This new tier is going to cost 34.99 a month or 179.99 every 6 months

-The new tier includes all bonuses from the regular one and a monthly merchandise box that's worth 60+, exclusive contest and giveaways, 10% discount for the store, and early excess to vip ticket.

-The new tier starts July first. You can only get the first merchandise box at rtx. (You can sign up at rtx) But it starts officially for everyone August first.

●My opinions: I'm ok with the price change on the 6 month payment. I'm also ok with the name change. I'm not so fond of the new tier. The main reason the new tier is expensive is because of the merchandise box. I wish they had a separate subscription for the merchandise box. I'm interested in the new tier but I don't want the merchandise as I already have a lot and I don't want doubles of merchandise. So if they had separated the merchandise box and the new tier that would be best in my opinion.

• hunterofartemis

hunterofartemis FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Meg Pink

#33239034 - 3 years ago

In reply to ElBarkl

I completely agree. I was surprised to hear people were confused by the term sponsor.

• neopa

neopa

#33239062 - 3 years ago

I don't like the new double gold thing. If they wanted to sell a "lootcrate-esqe" box them just do that. I feel like this is going to divide the community in a way. And I agree that the name "First" is a terrible choice.

• dungeonduck

dungeonduck FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold A duck in a dungeon

#33239121 - 3 years ago

I don't like how the price is going up.

• lsufanmail

lsufanmail FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33239269 - 3 years ago

I don't mind the price going up, because they produce a shit ton of content for the sponsors already. If people really need to complain about paying an extra 50 cents a month and want to cancel their subscription because of that, they didn't need to have it in the first place. I mean seriously are you so poor that you cant afford 50 cents more a month.

As far as the second subscription I would rather them just have a subscription service similar to loot crate with out the sponshership attached.

• lsufanmail

lsufanmail FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33239273 - 3 years ago

In reply to dungeonduck

Its only 50 cents more a month. Can you not afford that?

• coomakazie

coomakazie Sponsor

#33239313 - 3 years ago

Once a Sponsor always a Sponsor, First it a terrible name IMHO.

• TheSmoose

TheSmoose

#33239342 - 3 years ago

I love the idea of the box of stuff every month...but living in the UK means having to pay import tax every month as well.

• Matt317

Matt317 the guy

#33239441 - 3 years ago

I'm fine with everything else, but I'm not so sure about the perk involving early access to VIP passes. Essentially, those who have double stars will simply have the "access" to the passes while still having to pay for them on top of paying for the extra sponsorship. Not only that, but regular users, including "firsts", will be even more out of luck if most of the passes will have already been taken by double star users.

• xLilCubbie25

xLilCubbie25 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Hoot

#33239893 - 3 years ago

I have no issue with the price change or the new 'Double Gold' tier.

However, I HATE the name change from 'sponsorship' to FIRST. In my opinion, it's going to be a lot more confusing now than it ever was before (although, was it ever confusing?). I can't imagine being called a FIRSTie. Ew.

On a neutral note, I think it would have been good of them to offer a monthly subscription box of RT merch separate from a subscription to the site. Hoping down the road they make that an option.

• GriffinTwentyThree

GriffinTwentyThree FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Griffin

#33241455 - 3 years ago

I get the name, being first its what sponsors are but I still don't think that it was confusing. Most people should know what sponsoring is, you're paying to show support,

I'm more concerned on the info of the box. Having just received the email about being able to upgrade there is still no real info. Being from the UK if it is coming from the US on top of the Double Gold price I will have to pay a customs fee every single time I receive a box. I believe when I ordered my march of the same value it was around £18 customs fee's, thats another £108 on top of the DG price.

It would be nice if there was a way to receive a box from our own UK store.

• dcmurph

dcmurph FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33241697 - 3 years ago

One question I have is, is the merch random? I'm a guy and slightly hefty to boot, will it auto-send male shirts/hoodies/etc to me or am I going to get Womens RT and Achievement hunter shirts in the mail. I mean, sure I can just drop them off at Goodwill or gift them to female friends and family members who want them, just seems a waste for RT to send the box and me to get rid of the shirts cause I can't wear them

• Handsy

Handsy Professional Ametuer

#33241822 - 3 years ago

Its pretty meh for me. I don't really mind the slight price increase, and I don't think anything of the second tier. The name is dumb. I'm not all that interested in a merch box because I don't really wear a lot of RT swag regularly. I would probably pay a slightly larger premium for all of the new bonus's minus the loot box, but not $180 bucks every 6 months

• iamcevrus2

iamcevrus2

#33242307 - 3 years ago

Non-sponsors able to view this, and taggging broke again. So what are you guys paying more for again?

• natethomas

natethomas FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Kodi Project Manager

#33242390 - 3 years ago

I'm pretty happily grandfathered in as an old school Firstie and have exactly zero interest in a lootcrate. As they say on the podcast, I have enough stuff. With that said, I very deeply want to be a VIP next year at RTX.

I wonder if it'll be possible to get double first the month they start selling tickets and then quite the next month. Honestly, I'd probably create a new account to do that. I want my "real" account to remain grandfathered

• Vergil2501

Vergil2501 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33242495 - 3 years ago

I think I might sign up for 6 months of the double star sponsorship (refuse to call it First). The new lootbox stuff interests me seeing as its RT related and I'd like try it out but that is about it. If it is anything like a normal lootbox I'll move back down to a normal sponsorship, I don't want to pay extra for con swag and funko pop toys that I'd just throw in the trash. I rarely have the time for the contests and giveaways.

• AWD_Caboose

AWD_Caboose Braaaap

#33243465 - 3 years ago

I've completely given up Sponsor status after 10 years. I'm not interested in the Tiers nor paying more than I was. The name alone was stupid enough to stop. Fuck VIP tickets also because of this change.

• Psylox

Psylox FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Infamous 535

#33243651 - 3 years ago

Fully admit I signed up for double gold due to the early shot at VIP tickets, they are hard enough to get each year as it is without adding this into it.

• Handsy

Handsy Professional Ametuer

#33243778 - 3 years ago

In reply to AWD_Caboose

If you still want to sponsor you do know you won't have to pay anything more than you already are, right? Only if you want to upgrade to they double gold loot crate whatever

• hunterofartemis

#33243972 - 3 years ago

In reply to dcmurph

I signed up at RTX to see what it was like. There was no shirt in the box this time but when signing up they do ask for you shirt size and your RT account should have your gender too.

• AWD_Caboose

AWD_Caboose Braaaap

#33244342 - 3 years ago

In reply to Handsy

I'm just not interested in the two Tier Systems that puts people in two classes, poor vs rich. I don't want to give RT anymore than they already have at this point.

• iamcevrus2

iamcevrus2

#33244446 - 3 years ago

In reply to AWD_Caboose

Technically it makes it 4 tiers: you have the non-members tier, the members tier, the sponsor tier, and the super-sponsor tier.

• AWD_Caboose

AWD_Caboose Braaaap

#33244488 - 3 years ago

In reply to iamcevrus2

Even more reason to not donate to the machine anymore. thanks