Forums > Sports

Snowboarding

Posts (44)

• 1nF3Rn0

1nF3Rn0

#3568 - 14 years ago

Well. Its like skiing, but theres only one ski and the ends are rounded... anyways. I just bought a new Burton Bullet 162' with cartel bindings in anticipation of the new season...

• M3talhead

M3talhead

#3904 - 14 years ago

w00t

Atomic Hatchet 159"
    K2 CLicker boots and bindings.

I'm getting a new set of bindings soon. Looking at the HB clickers instead of the Plasma or Magma flats.

• 1nF3Rn0

1nF3Rn0

#4562 - 14 years ago

In reply to M3talhead, #2:

I have a pair of clickers right now... I dont like them because they dnt offer enough controll... but its all preference... what kind of riding do you like?

• M3talhead

M3talhead

#4572 - 14 years ago

In reply to 1nF3Rn0, #3:

Mostly freeriding and a little rail now and then....mostly hitting jumps and the like. We dont ahve any natural mountains out here, but the Belgians built an indoor snowpark not far from my apartment. I'll try to upload a video so you can get the idea.

• 1nF3Rn0

1nF3Rn0

#4587 - 14 years ago

In reply to M3talhead, #4:

O thats cool... im more of an allaround type of rider.. i like the jumps and am ok at rails, but my true passion is in powder and trail riding... its so much fun to ride through the trees and know that if you fall you are gona be hiking out for an hour or two...

• Trev

Trev

#5782 - 14 years ago

In reply to 1nF3Rn0, #5:

Free riding is fun, but in my opinion the park is where it's at. I can't wait for the season to start already. I'm getting impatient.

• Team_Chuck

Team_Chuck

#5801 - 14 years ago

In another two weeks I'm going to the ski and snowboard show in Toronto. Going to pick up some new bindings. My old ones are shit and my boots are a little too big for them. I want to get some FLOW bindings. Some of my buddies and I are also looking into a week long all incluse trip to Tremblant this winter....basically just riding and drinking...and riding...then drinking.

• 1nF3Rn0

1nF3Rn0

#5812 - 14 years ago

In reply to Trev, #6:

I have to wait until my local park opens on Dec. 15 :(

• M3talhead

M3talhead

#10445 - 14 years ago

In reply to 1nF3Rn0, #8:

In reply to Trev, #6:

I have to wait until my local park opens on Dec. 15 :(

Ahhh.......I love year round snowboarding!

• libtechbrder

libtechbrder

#12058 - 14 years ago

Im out here in Utah and the boarding is bad ass. Best snow in the world, err atleast thats what our license plates say, but its pretty good snow. I bought a Lib Tech 161 W last year and only could go a few times so I'm stoked on going this season. I would never go with click ins/step ins, horrible design and they are a pain in the ass. Get some ratchets by Ride or Burton.

• AngeDeNeige

AngeDeNeige

#13812 - 14 years ago

Boarding is cool. I'm still a skier for life, but I give boarding its props.

• JJA

JJA

#16138 - 14 years ago

In reply to AngeDeNeige, #11:

Way too cool for boarding...Obviously.

• boardordie

boardordie

#17477 - 14 years ago

yea season starts at the end of november here. i have 2 set ups. a never summer Evo 2 154 with ride spi's
    and a ride nation 155 with drake matrix bindings. then i have apx 5 boots.

my neversummer setup is all park and my ride is park/freeride. since i have free baord check with my VP pass i always bring both up and just use whatever im feeling that day.

i also have a vintage board that i have had ever since i was really little( i started snowboarding since 1990) my uncle who started snowboarding in the early 80's gave me a 1986 burton cruiser 165 back a few years ago. its freakin awesome, so oldschool it has one piece plastic bindings, has a swallow tail in the back and a huge wide upturned pointy nose

• 1nF3Rn0

1nF3Rn0

#17488 - 14 years ago

In reply to boardordie, #13:

thats awsome

• boardordie

boardordie

#17509 - 14 years ago

In reply to 1nF3Rn0, #14:

yea ive been boarding for like forever, its crazy to see how big snowboarding got over the years. this year i wont be buying anything i bought my neversummer setup last year and my ride setup the year before. i also replaced my old winter clothes last year and got volcom denim pants, some grenade park gloves and new mittens just in case its really cold and i also got a new 686 jacket. since i am going to school again though and am going like extremely full time and have been unemployed for a month since i went back to school i havent been able to buy anything this year, but i did get my season pass to 2 mnts.

• Moemar

Moemar

#17886 - 14 years ago

Man, I can't wait for the season to start. Too bad I won't have very much free time this winter though. I'll be lucky if I manage 2-3 days.

Salomon FRS 155
    Drake F60
    Salomon Preface

• bazza

bazza

#19687 - 14 years ago

well one way to make my self know

im sure u all know who

K2 and Ride are

well i work for them

i currently own a

Ride Timeless 04 board
    ride LX bindings

and im not sure about the boots, ill have to check that, but seriously lads, ride and k2 doing some nice boards, u might wanna take a look

• skibumdreams

skibumdreams

#27516 - 14 years ago

I have been boarding for about 11 years, my dad started and i enjoy it but i still enjoy skiing better. Its good to get out and ride a board everyonce and again though. The carving on a board is quite exhilarating. I need to work on my switch riding though. When i ride i usually ride my dads 02 Rossi something.

• Team_Chuck

Team_Chuck

#28259 - 14 years ago

In reply to skibumdreams, #18:

I used to switch back and forth all the time. Then I fell...then I had a concussion and a bad back...then I didn't snowboard for about 3 years. I ride Goofy for the most part and I forgot how to carve back. Lets just say I didn't look to graceful going down the hill for the first couple of times last year. And, I can't ride switch anymore. Which sucks. Because last year I did a 540, landed it then couldn't do anything and bailed because I couldn't carve, or do anything.

• 1nF3Rn0

1nF3Rn0

#28916 - 14 years ago

In reply to Team_Chuck, #19:

i suck at switch, but i can still do it good enough to carve back around...

• Trev

Trev

#29028 - 14 years ago

In reply to bazza, #17:

I only ride K2... ever since I started back when I was a little shit. Tried some others, but always kept comin back to it. Best boards made IMO.

• 1nF3Rn0

1nF3Rn0

#29202 - 14 years ago

In reply to Trev, #21:

ya they do make great board park boards... but for the open slopes nothing beats a burton wideboard...

• addicted

addicted

#29353 - 14 years ago

In reply to libtechbrder, #10:

Im out here in Utah and the boarding is bad ass. Best snow in the world, err atleast thats what our license plates say, but its pretty good snow. I bought a Lib Tech 161 W last year and only could go a few times so I'm stoked on going this season. I would never go with click ins/step ins, horrible design and they are a pain in the ass. Get some ratchets by Ride or Burton.

Dude, I've had a Lib Tech Pacifier 163 for four seasons - its the most awesome board on earth. Mine's looking a bit rough tho - epoxy & ptec everywhere; but its still holding together. I've also got a rossignol hunk-o-crap that I taped the edges on and use on the trampoline... and I picked-up a endeavour 158.5 a month ago; its got a full-layer carbon-fibre sheet and is fuckin' stiffer than a morning hard-on.

k - about step-ins: the local runs around here have, like, 350 feet of vert (*barf*). When you ride the lift 40-50 times a day, step-ins are essential (and not just 'cause of my sopping wet ass). I've got Burton Mission step-ins - there's some movement side-to-side, but back-to-front's firm, and its gotta be -20 (celcius, eh?) before they freeze-up. That said, I've got my name on a pair of the new Fusion bindings (backordered... FUCK!) - $500; they're a hybrid rachet-stepin, you use a normal boot, and most of the binding (bottom, straps & back) comes away when you step out - they supposed to be awesome.

• 1nF3Rn0

1nF3Rn0

#29373 - 14 years ago

In reply to addicted, #23:

ya ive seen thoes... it just dosent offer enough controll for my tastes... i prefer to be strapped into my board with the best...

burton cartels all the way!

• addicted

addicted

#29529 - 14 years ago

In reply to 1nF3Rn0, #24:

Awww... I used to be a real strapped-in freak; I had a pair of Bent Metal bindings, really stiff 32's and prolly would have screwed my feet to the board if I could of. Now, unless I'm in the pipe, or its frozen crud, the step-ins don't bother me B)

To tell the truth, I gained alot more control when I went 0-0 on the bindings (used to be 12-9), then any control that I lost when I went to step-ins.