Forums > Sports

NHL 2016/17

Posts (327)

• cml1983

cml1983 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33293568 - 2 years ago

With Preseason a week away here's the 2016/17 thread.

Same rules as before.  I know you guys will enjoy shitting on my Blackhawks.  Here's to a great season.

• Elkaroo

Elkaroo Brush then Listerine

#33293580 - 2 years ago

Maybe this will be the year they pin this thread. Them not pinning it is why sportsball stopped. (and nature town)

• wade22

wade22 2-4-1-10

#33293599 - 2 years ago

I'm glad Finland has such talented commentators that their career highlights look like this. Can't help but think of it every time he speaks.

• wade22

wade22 2-4-1-10

#33293625 - 2 years ago

I guess I'll cry myself to sleep...

Wake me up when September ends

• Metasponge

Metasponge Ocean Voyager

#33293866 - 2 years ago

In reply to Elkaroo

> Expecting anyone at RT to give a shit about the forums

I'd post a Habs gif to get us started but;

A. I don't have access to my gif folder at work

B. There's a giant PK-shaped hole in my heart 

So let's just hope Price stays healthy and Chucky & Gallagher do a fusion dance or something 

• Elkaroo

#33294153 - 2 years ago

In reply to Metasponge

But RT loves the fans (money), and join the fantasy league or the tabs will trade Roy again.

• joeymoller

joeymoller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Lets Go Ducks!

#33294260 - 2 years ago

Wooo new thread!! Time for new season

• cml1983

cml1983 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33294300 - 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/nhlbl...  No matter which team it is rink painting day is the best day, until the season actually starts.

• Elkaroo

#33294601 - 2 years ago

In reply to cml1983

I always forget thethey paint the lines, and for some reason think theyre built into the ice

• Metasponge

Metasponge Ocean Voyager

#33294644 - 2 years ago

In reply to Elkaroo

I will legit forget about it by day 2 if I join

• Elkaroo

#33294734 - 2 years ago

In reply to Metasponge

If you forget to play just do what team USA did and blame kessel

• fansince2010

fansince2010 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold GO JETS GO

#33296153 - 2 years ago

So Jacob Trouba asked for a trade. Back in May. I really fucking hate Cheveldayoff. If we had a GM that was actually competent, then maybe the Jets would have more decent left-handed defencemen than Enstrom. Trouba would have more options than just the Boat Anchor to play with while staying on his preferred right side, and wouldn't want out. Seriously, fuck Cheveldayoff. It boggles my mind that fans blame every player that wants to leave this directionless club, and every blogger and podcaster that has the cajonés to hold the team to any standard higher than literally just existing, for the team's issues, but never that mediocre GM.

• Metasponge

Metasponge Ocean Voyager

#33296154 - 2 years ago

In reply to Elkaroo

Phil, why the fuck aren't you checking my fantasy team for me, we had a deal

• Elkaroo

#33296254 - 2 years ago

In reply to fansince2010

Trouba, for Kane.

You get a fan favourite back, we get another young D who we can take for ever to sign.

• Elkaroo

#33296378 - 2 years ago

OD9go46.jpg

• Elkaroo

#33298935 - 2 years ago

Nathan Walker might become the first Australian to play in the nhl this season. All because he fought Shaw and lost.  ( he's also a pretty good hockey player)

On a side note fantasy league is still looking for 3 more teams tell your wife and kids.

• wade22

wade22 2-4-1-10

#33298936 - 2 years ago

In reply to Elkaroo

It's about time, I feel like I've heard about that kid every off-season.

• Elkaroo

#33299672 - 2 years ago

Can someone tell me what babcock is smoking? How the hell does team canada winning show whats going to come with the leafs?

• Metasponge

Metasponge Ocean Voyager

#33299901 - 2 years ago

In reply to Elkaroo

You missed the memo where all the players were traded to Toronto?

• Elkaroo

#33300541 - 2 years ago

Dmitry Kulikov sat out Saturday with a "bruise to his butt bone,"

This is the greatest injury ever.

Also The draft is set for next Sat at 6pm EST. if enough people say stuff we can change it to be more accommodating for the most people.

PS. Still 3 spots open

• toastguy7

toastguy7

#33303176 - 2 years ago

In reply to Elkaroo

I've actually had that injury before when I missed plopping down onto a couch and instead hit my tailbone on a windowsill (and I wasn't even drinking!) It hurt like a MOTHERFUCKER. Draft time works for me.

• crossesborder

crossesborder

#33303261 - 2 years ago

Give us the calendar date elk lol. I 100% will be doing some kind of magic to partake in this draft. I am actually unavailable saturday the 8th until 8pm cst

• Elkaroo

#33303313 - 2 years ago

6qXybhT.jpg

• wade22

wade22 2-4-1-10

#33303666 - 2 years ago

Gonna go ahead and assume I'm in the minority with the draft time being at night, I'm sure I'll make it work

• Metasponge

Metasponge Ocean Voyager

#33304456 - 2 years ago

What a win to end the preseason.

Welcome Weber and welcome back Carey :')