Forums > Technical

Any Adobe Illustrator Gurus in here?

Posts (2)

• Zerotide2

Zerotide2

#12838119 - 10 years ago

I have a problem... I designed a t-shirt using Adobe Photoshop because that's what I have been using since high school... the printing company just got back to me and said they need the files in a vector format.

I have the .PSD files that are unflattened so I'm trying to figure out how to get them to vector format. I am a complete noob at illustrator and I have been trying to just auto trace everything but its not working to well.

Does anyone have any tips or anything? Here is a preview of the logos I am trying to make into a vector format.

dy1u9j.jpg

If anyone needs the PSD files to help let me know.

Any help or at least a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

• papercup

papercup

#12839458 - 10 years ago

I'm no guru, I failed coloring in the lines in kindergarten, but when I did a search, someone said that in Illustrator, you can open a raster image (bitmaps, the flattened psd and such), then can click on it and then use the "Live Trace" feature under the Object menu. This site talks about it and shows some samples.

Raster images are just about all the image files you run across out there: pictures made up of lotsa dots all squished together. Vector images are what you get when you create an image with math - draw this line from this point for this far - type stuff; the print shops want it because it doesn't lose quality as they scale it since it's mathematically derived.

Post edited 7/02/09 7:32AM