Forums > Technical

HELP!!!!!! BIOS problems on a dell

Posts (11)

• batosi

batosi

#12936387 - 9 years ago

Ok, I really need help, mental yes, but technical as well.

My friend has been trying to install a graphics onto her old ass Dell. Its like in the 2000s for the model model number.

Well my problem is, I went into the BIOS and it wouldn't let me change anything. It starts up so you have to enter a password, which I have, 123, yes very complicated. But after i type that is I can only cycle threw a little bit of the menu. And its like look and no touch. It says it running on the on-board graphics cards and I cant even go down in the menu to change it. I cant even enable of disable anything.

I really need help with this, I spent 5 hours on it yesterday trying to figure it out. Please Help...Obi-wan, your my only hope!!!!!

• batosi

batosi

#12936457 - 9 years ago

actually need uber help

• papercup

papercup

#12936542 - 9 years ago

You need to supply model numbers of the hardware having issues.

• batosi

batosi

#12936911 - 9 years ago

I believe the model number is DIM2350

• papercup

papercup

#12937112 - 9 years ago

In reply to batosi, #4:

Ok, the Dell dimension has a bios password clear jumper on the motherboard. This image shows it. It should be near the front edge about 2/3rds toward the top of the case (it's the one labeled JP1).

• papercup

papercup

#12937123 - 9 years ago

Bah, didn't notice, the picture is oriented with the back towards the bottom of the page. Make that 'the jumper is on the bottom edge, about 2/3rds of the way to the front).

• batosi

batosi

#12937137 - 9 years ago

i'll give that a try, thanks..

• KWierso

KWierso AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#12937165 - 9 years ago

What version of BIOS do you have?

Maybe upgrading BIOS could unlock some of the other features, if nothing else helps.

• aussie02

aussie02 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#12942038 - 9 years ago

as papercup said your best option is to flush the bios

• papercup

papercup

#12943163 - 9 years ago

In reply to aussie02, #9:

There is a different jumper for clearing the bios. I was instructing how to clear the password for now.

• eck_03

eck_03

#12949478 - 9 years ago

Dell uses a lot of their own model numbers on motherboards and dont support them with BIOS upgrades ever... so you may be SOL