Forums > Technical

HP Wireless Assistant not showing up

Posts (1)

• ghosthntr117

ghosthntr117

#13374778 - 9 years ago

I have a HP Pavilion laptop running Windows Vista. I have never had a problem with Vista before. 2 days ago my wireless card was working (I was connecting to my home network) and everything was ok. when im on duty I use an air card so I don’t use the wireless adapter, this evening I noticed while using my air card (trying to set up a wireless waypoint for my ipod touch) that my switch on the computer was orange, it glows orange when off, blue when on, I switched it to the on position but it still illuminated orange. every time I switch it a small confirmation box appears in the bottom right corner of my screen saying "hp wireless assistant turned on/off" but it is not doing this now when I turn it on or off. I went to my network and there is a button that says wireless assistant so I clicked it and nothing happened, all the other buttons on the screen worked. I restored my computer to a waypoint 2 days ago when it was working and tried the same thing again and it is till not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.