Forums > Television

Bill Bailey

Posts (21)

• jimberoo

jimberoo

#7805583 - 11 years ago

For those of you that don't know, he's a British comedian, and a damn good one at that. In fact, he's my favourite comedian ever.

He's starred in both tv and film roles (e.g. Black Books and Hot Fuzz), presented Have I Got News For You, been a regular team captain on Never Mind The Buzzcocks, had his own series Is It Bill Bailey?.

And he's had a number of stand-up tours:
    - Cosmic Jam
    - Bewilderness
    - Part Troll
    - Tinselworm (coming in November 2007).

So, there's gotta be some fans here (if you haven't heard of him, run a YouTube search), and I want to know, what's your favourite Bill Bailey part? Manny in Black Books? Bilbo Bagshot in Spaced? Or one of his stand-up tours?

My favourite tour would probably be Part Troll - only marginally, as all his tours are awesome. However, I love his role of Manny the most.

Oh, and I'm lucky enough to be seeing him on his Tinselworm tour =D.

• Sly_Boots

Sly_Boots

#7807312 - 11 years ago

Part troll had me on the floor in stitches. The love ballard he does is hilourous and The german hoakey coakey...genious.

I think Manny's a brill character. Love it when it turns out he's a piano genuis.

I'm seeing him at B'ham for Tinselworm. smiley0.gif

• Sijore

Sijore

#7807540 - 11 years ago

My bro has Cosmic Jam and Part Troll and they were both hilarious, especially the joke about 2 guys on drugs watching hundreds of people come out a 2-man tent.

• trickstar

trickstar

#7871624 - 11 years ago

can't wait for tinselworm,didn't know about till it till now.
    I'm gona have to watch the bill bailey stuff again I've forgotten most of it. what was that bit the nemisis of the vole was it called?owl?,had me in stitches

• jimberoo

jimberoo

#7877276 - 11 years ago

I am death!
    A winged beast!
    I am born on black velvet wings of night!
    I'm hungry for a feast!
    I am the nemesis of the vole!
    My heart is black as coal!
    You can kill me with a trowel!
    I am an owl...

• trickstar

trickstar

#7877357 - 11 years ago

LOL
    magic round about was funny too
    BOW DOWN TO THE SPRING

• Sijore

Sijore

#7877426 - 11 years ago

Hats off to the zebras!

• jimberoo

jimberoo

#7877469 - 11 years ago

I love his love ballad from Part Troll... I won't quote the entirety because it's huge, but I could if I wanted =P.

The duck lies shredded in a pancake,
    Soaking in the hoisin of your lies.

• Sijore

Sijore

#7877479 - 11 years ago

I'll have to re-watch Part Troll and Cosmic Jam sometime soon, I've forgotten most of the jokes smiley2.gif

• jimberoo

jimberoo

#7877493 - 11 years ago

=O.

What about Bewilderness?

• Sijore

Sijore

#7889116 - 11 years ago

I'd never heard about it before this thread, it's not a DVD that's in any of my local stores.

• trickstar

trickstar

#7889478 - 11 years ago

it should be, HMV? whsmiths mine came in a box set, or the answer to all my problems www.play.com (free delivery)

• Sijore

Sijore

#7889500 - 11 years ago

HMV had Cosmic Jam but that's it, not in WHSmith, and I haven't bothered to go on play.com.

• jimberoo

jimberoo

#7890412 - 11 years ago

Cosmic Jam was the first one, followed by Bewilderness, followed by Part Troll.

Many regard Bewilderness to be the best, but I think they're all great in their own ways.

• trickstar

trickstar

#7890462 - 11 years ago

i found that he re-used jokes quit a bit but im guessin he didnt think that they would be made into dvds in the beginning

• jimberoo

jimberoo

#7890513 - 11 years ago

In reply to trickstar, #15:

Yeah, he does re-use some, it's one of the criticisms he's received, but they're generally really good anyway so I don't see the problem. There's a lot of original material in there as well.

• Sijore

Sijore

#7890622 - 11 years ago

I liked knowing the joke he was about to say, it gave me that "I know exactly what he's going to say and it's still going to be hilarious" moment.

• trickstar

trickstar

#7890623 - 11 years ago

i like the dvd game with the sheds lol so random

• Sijore

Sijore

#7983977 - 11 years ago

Here's a little bit of Bill Bailey gold.

• jimberoo

jimberoo

#7985042 - 11 years ago

Bill Bailey for the UK's Eurovision 2008 entry!!!

Awesome!

• Strife453

Strife453

#8443311 - 11 years ago

Hah yea i've never been too aware of Bailey before, but recently a friend got my watching a bunch of youtube vids and I just love it all.