Forums > Television

Reaper

Posts (23)

• DeeMonstar

DeeMonstar

#8045242 - 11 years ago

Throughout Sam's life, he always wondered why his mom and dad were so easy on him. Whether it was sports, school, career choices, or picking on his little brother Keith, Sam always got away with everything. Because of it, he decided to drop out of college and take a dead beat job, wasting most of his time playing video games and wishing he could ask his co-worker Andi out. However, everything changes in Sam's life once he turns 21 and finds out the reason his parents let him get over was because they sold his soul to the devil before he was born.

Satan explains to Sam that he must serve as his bounty hunter, tracking down souls that have escaped from Hell. Initially, Sam refuses to accept his fate but he realizes the grave consequences of breaking a deal with the devil. He is armed with various vessels to collect the escapees. Sam finds that the work is dangerous and frightening even with the goof ball help of his friends and fellow slackers Sock and Ben, and Sock's former girlfriend, Josie. As bizarre as his life becomes, Sam feels good about his newfound "missions", removing evil souls from the world and sending them back to where they belong. Along with his friends and his vessel of the week, Sam prepares to face his destiny as the "reaper".

Thoughts?

I've seen both the pilot episodes (one with Nikki Reed in the lead female role and Missy Peregrym in the other) and Nikki was a better choice to play Andi. smiley2.gif Missy just looks like she has been super-imposed in top of Nikki rather than actually re-filming the scenes.

Otherwise, looks like a good show.

Oh, and I did a search first, so if there is an existing thread, blame CG. smiley0.gif

• Embee90

Embee90

#8046317 - 11 years ago

I've seen an episode on Chiller. It was interesting, but I never bothered to Tivo it.

• Scorptilicus

Scorptilicus

#8246860 - 11 years ago

I was pretty entertained. I'll be back for it next week.

• evilcrash9

evilcrash9 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold BigBoss

#8254704 - 11 years ago

I also found it entertaining.
    cw-reaper-genericshow-gl-03_006372-f871e

Post edited 9/27/07 7:42PM

• Knives_Kill

Knives_Kill

#8623049 - 11 years ago

I didn't realise this show had been on for that long. I just started watching (watched it in order via torrents to catch up)--I think it's fantasic. Soc is by far the best side-kick in the history of sidekicks. I hope this show gets picked up by fox or something so they can do more with it (every once in a while, the special effects kind of make me giggle like a 3 year old girl).

• Baraxis

Baraxis

#8691713 - 11 years ago

Great show is great. I was afraid from the beginning that it would be the exact same thing every week, but it's been surprisingly good. Very well done.

• ph0n

ph0n FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#9446068 - 11 years ago

This show is awsome and It's back on. Hooray!

• Scorptilicus

Scorptilicus

#9499928 - 11 years ago

Is it really? Dang, I gotta catch up.

• VermontEh

VermontEh

#9550814 - 11 years ago

It is supposed to be this month when it comes back on

• DoNothing69

DoNothing69

#9573693 - 11 years ago

The episode with the invisible hunter a la predator was just on here in the UK. It was a great episode and it's gonna be interesting to see where they go with the gay couple. How far behind you are we?

• SweenDogg

SweenDogg

#9732316 - 11 years ago

i love this show, and if alanis morissette make a guest appearence as god i will be so fucking stoked.

the reason for this is cause kevin smith works on the show and she played god in dogma.

• DoNothing69

DoNothing69

#9738177 - 11 years ago

I never even thought of that, that's genius. Don't think it will happen any time soon though. Would be Kind of a big moment introducing God into it. Would be a fantastic ending when the show finally finishes (hopefully in about 10 years).

• Tudor

Tudor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTUK Fireteam

#9750765 - 11 years ago

Just watched the one that showed last night in the UK, with the sperm doner, there's pretty endless possibilities in the show which is great, I'm loving it.
    I don't know how, but they've made the Devil a very likeable character without over stepping it to make him stupid like South Park and Tenacious D have done (Yes there are better examples but that's all I could come up with).

• SweenDogg

SweenDogg

#9751256 - 11 years ago

yea, they did a really good job portraying the devil.
    the season finale is next week here, and it looks to be awesome.
    you'll probably have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for UK.

• DoNothing69

DoNothing69

#9752172 - 11 years ago

Well the devil in Reaper is as acurrate as you can be because the whole idea is he's charming and likeable on the surface but deeply evil. Ray Wise is also great in the role.

• Tudor

Tudor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTUK Fireteam

#9756620 - 11 years ago

In reply to SweenDogg, #17:

That's 3-4 weeks of catching up which I don't mind cos it'll all be new to me

• SweenDogg

SweenDogg

#9782197 - 11 years ago

well i got to say that i cant wait for the new season,
    cause theres plenty left to be answered.

• DoNothing69

DoNothing69

#11310209 - 10 years ago

I know the first season is due out November 4th but I'm just as curious to find out when season 2 is gonna start.

• Kage687

Kage687

#11420394 - 10 years ago

The new season won't start till February, at the earliest.

• SweenDogg

SweenDogg

#12321912 - 10 years ago

new season started few weeks back
    and is just as awesome as the first

• tuttman1234

tuttman1234 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#12388269 - 10 years ago

This is a great show, and I'm shocked that more people here aren't really into it

• poland626

poland626

#12402752 - 10 years ago

I love reaper but I'm sad to hear it might be canceled! It sucks that might happen.

And this show has got, by far, the best dvd cover art I think I've ever seen

reaperseason2r1artworkpic.jpg

• I_Like_PieX

I_Like_PieX

#13240669 - 9 years ago

i mised the end of series 2!
    anyone know where i can get it online?

..................preferably for free and not download cos my internet is SHITE