Forums > Television

Misfits

Posts (6)

• MADDOG900

MADDOG900

#14644725 - 8 years ago

I didn't see a thread for this show yet, so hopefully I'm not out of place making this.

I just found this show thanks to Hulu putting it online for those of us in the west unable to watch it. I thought it was a really great show so I quickly found the 2 seasons available and watched them. I really thought this show did everything perfectly; the cast (especially Robert Sheehan) is phenomenal, the writing is top notch, and the music is just always spot on.

If you're not familiar it's about a group of young adults in London forced into community service for their various misdeeds. Then a strange storm comes along, and gives them some super powers. It sounds pretty generic, but again the cast, writing, and music just make it amazing.

Anyone else a fan?

• MissingLink1

MissingLink1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14645657 - 8 years ago

The show is great and I can't wait for the next series, although I'm disappointed by the news that Robert Sheehan is leaving to pursue other opportunities (he's been in a couple movies in the last year).

The first series was probably more solid as the second brought in the weird time travelling element (and ghosts...), but any show which manages to make a badass villain out of a guy who can control dairy is awesome in my books!

• MADDOG900

MADDOG900

#14645812 - 8 years ago

In reply to MissingLink1, #2:

Yeah I honestly don't know how I feel about the third series now that Robert Sheehan is leaving.

The lactokinetic guy was pretty awesome, wasn't expecting him to actually use his powers to kill people.

• MissingLink1

MissingLink1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14646692 - 8 years ago

What I've heard is that he's going to be replaced by Joseph Gilgun, who is famous for playing Woody in the brilliant 'This Is England'. He was pretty good in that film (plus following tv series) so it could be OK, but Sheehan leaving is a big blow!

It's going to be a new character though..

www.imdb.com/name/nm0318543/

Post edited 6/27/11 8:41AM

• jjcard

jjcard

#14647159 - 8 years ago

I've seen the first episode and most of the second. I was really psyched for it to come out since I kept seeing commercials on Hulu about it before it was even released. Defiantly going to watch more.

• MADDOG900

MADDOG900

#14648389 - 8 years ago

In reply to MissingLink1, #4:

Yeah Rudy, the last time I read about that though they said they were still casting. I'm not familiar with Joseph Gilgun, but hopefully he does a decent job as a replacement. They said there was going to be a web show about Sheehan leaving.