Forums > The Afterstreamers!

EARLY RTX PLANNING

Posts (73)

• IWillFail

IWillFail FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651129 - 4 years ago

It might only be October but the RTX planning has already started. There is a plan to split a condo with up to 12 people, which will cost 233$ for 7 days for 12 people before supplementary costs. 7 nights might be a bit excessive but that would only cut the price even further if we don't stay as long. Looking for people willing to take up this offer.
    www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g30196-d...
    Aug 7-9

Post edited 11/02/14 12:40PM

• Kris_to_the_fer

Kris_to_the_fer

#32651130 - 4 years ago

yes i would like to be apart of this

• samarblume

samarblume FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nadelz

#32651131 - 4 years ago

I'm in :)

• SportsNerd

SportsNerd FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651132 - 4 years ago

I am in

• stretch787

stretch787 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651133 - 4 years ago

As long as i can go im in

• Danny_C64

Danny_C64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Ad Astra

#32651134 - 4 years ago

Count me in!

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651135 - 4 years ago

I am interested! :D

• Sturben

Sturben FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651136 - 4 years ago

I'm in, but probably not for the whole week :/

• samarblume

samarblume FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nadelz

#32651137 - 4 years ago

What days would it be for?

• Danny_C64

Danny_C64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Ad Astra

#32651138 - 4 years ago

it's probably safe to mention that I can stay as for long as everyone else is staying at any time over the summer

• IWillFail

IWillFail FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651139 - 4 years ago

In reply to nsafi97, #9:

Looking at Wed 1st to Wed 8th, maybe less days. We would have to find things to do that aren't too far or too expensive depending on peoples budgets if we do book for a full week

• Forgle

Forgle

#32651140 - 4 years ago

Expressing interest for two people.

• FilSaFer

FilSaFer FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651141 - 4 years ago

I AM IN
    LITERALLY

• samarblume

#32651142 - 4 years ago

put Zach on the list... he's too lazy to do it himself

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651143 - 4 years ago

Since this is the early RTX planning thread, I figured I'd post the link to the website that has student pricing on plane tickets: www.studentuniverse.com/

• Forgle

Forgle

#32651144 - 4 years ago

With RTX dates announced I looked at the the condo Sunny posted. Ideal for my wife and I would be to travel on the days before and after RTX, staying a total of four nights. The subtotal for each person for this time frame, in this VERY nice and VERY close to the convention center condo would be 270 per person. I'm under the impression we need to get the ball rolling on this immediately if this is going to happen. I don't know how Sunny intended to handle booking.

• Forgle

Forgle

#32651145 - 4 years ago

From what I can see www.payitsquare.com/ might be a solution for the money pool. They do charge fees, as anyone who provides this service does, and they add up to about 8 dollars per person for what we'd have to contribute for the condo. I personally think that's worth the ease of mind. and I think that people's parents would be more keen on that as well.

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651146 - 4 years ago

Also, flights are cheaper that weekend so bonus!

• Danny_C64

#32651147 - 4 years ago

In reply to Forgle, #17:

I wouldn't mind using a service like this, but for me, and I could imagine most parents, it might be easier just to do a wire transfer into the person's account who is handling the arrangements. But then again, I'm not to sure how this service works either. Whoever is planning on taking charge of this might want to start looking into options for money pooling.

You also have to take into account the "hidden" fees that might be applied after the money has already been pooled and maybe even after the condo has been paid for.

• Forgle

Forgle

#32651148 - 4 years ago

Full disclosure; I think that lodging for this weekend is going to go fast. We don't intend to wait forever to ensure we can have a place to stay at a decent price.

It'd really be cool to have y'all to hang out with after the event and all though so I hope this works out.

• IWillFail

#32651149 - 4 years ago

Unfortunately, I can't confirm my own attendance just yet. I would love to start finalizing everything but I can't. As for paying, would something like Paypal work?

• Forgle

Forgle

#32651150 - 4 years ago

So, seeing as hotels are disappearing at an alarming rate, my wife came up with an elaborate plan regarding AS House only to contact the owner and find out they don't rent it more than two months in advance. (W.T.F.)

So as insurance we booked beds at the Firehouse hostel for the 6-10th. It's a coed 'deluxe' room with 8 beds. It's only $35 a night. It cost us $5 when we make our reservation and that's all you'll lose if you cancel before 48 hours. So if the AS pad becomes feasible cancelling wouldn't be a big deal.

It seems like no private lodging will let you reserve this far in advance, which sucks, cause the hotels are either super expensive or just bad. The firehouse looks really nice but it's nothing compared to the awesome condo, but it's close and cheap and is at least somewhere to stay.

We're staying in room 203, it'd be cool to fill it with just us, but there's no guarantee of that being possible. www.firehousehostel.com/hostel/about-the-hostel.htm

All that being said $5 is a GREAT price for a bit of peace of mind even if you want to find other lodging.

Post edited 10/29/14 10:15AM

• Gwendolen

Gwendolen

#32651151 - 4 years ago

Ok guys, I know we've been taking over this topic, so, promise, we won't bother you here much longer.

What Cordell said above about the Firehouse is good advice, but we canceled our reservation because we found an apartment to rent (smaller than the condo), which we'll probably be looking to share when we get more information and when more people know what they're doing in August.

So, we won't be part of the condo idea either. It is an amazing looking place, but as Cordell said, I contacted the owner, who told me they will not have rates available for it until June. Personally, that scared me (especially looking at the "rates" page, where you can see how much the price per night goes up during events) because it made me feel as though they were waiting until all hotels were booked so that they could ask for as much money as they wanted, and we'd have to either say yes or stay outside of the city and have to deal with commute. That may not be the case at all, but I really did not want to be in this situation.

• IWillFail

#32651152 - 4 years ago

Its fine, for now the condo is just an idea. If you guys feel more comfortable getting it out of the way as soon as possible, then by all means go for it. I started this post to just kinda get a general idea as to who would be interested. If they jack up the price for that condo to the point where it's not worth it then we'll fine another place or just book rooms in the expensive hotels

• IWillFail

#32651153 - 4 years ago

www.homeaway.com/search/refined/texas/austin/r...