Posts (73)

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651182 - 4 years ago

(why did that post twice omg)

• Gwendolen

Gwendolen

#32651184 - 4 years ago

Haha thankies. And eh well, not completely disinterested, when you do get a place, we get to party with y'all there, right? ;)

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651186 - 4 years ago

Jade of course you're partying with us :D

Well if I have my way, we'll be able to walk everywhere we need to go. If we rent food will not be provided but there are plenty of places to eat out if no one wants to cook anyways. As far as driving, I'm not going to be renting a car so if someone really wants to drive they'll either have to do that or we can take a cab.

!!! By the way, we will be able to take the Airport Flyer from Austin Bergstrom International for about $1 per person to the properties I'm looking at so yay!

• Danny_C64

Danny_C64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Ad Astra

#32651187 - 4 years ago

In reply to annyanimous, #58:

Not to sound pushy, but is there an update to this yet? I just want to have some sort of plan solidified so I can situate myself financially If I would need to get a hotel room. Also i'm pretty interested in seeing the places you're looking at. Along with this, how long is the place planning to be reserved for?

Hopefully I'm not just speaking for myself when I say I really appreciate how much thought and effort you're putting into this. I'm glad to see someone take some initiative if not all of it. Thank you so much! I really hope this works out smiley0.gif

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651188 - 4 years ago

In reply to Danny_C64, #59:

I'll post an update tomorrow after my Calc exam but I just wanted you to know that I saw your comment and I will get back to you tomorrow. Just not now because I'm failing Calc and I need to pass this exam. smiley4.gif

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651189 - 4 years ago

In reply to Danny_C64, #59:

I'll post an update tomorrow after my Calc exam but I just wanted you to know that I saw your comment and I will get back to you tomorrow. Just not now because I'm failing Calc and I need to pass this exam. smiley4.gif

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651190 - 4 years ago

OKAY! Sorry this is coming so late, my roommate injured her wrist so I had to make sure she was okay.

So I've been looking at a few places within walking distance of the convention center. These are the ones I've been considering so far: [x] [x] [x]

The first two are the same price ($352/person, $70/night) and both are across the street from the convention center. The last one is $379/person, $75.80/night and is almost just a close to the convention center. These prices are if we stay from 8/6-8/11 (five nights).

To get accurate pricing, I'm going to need everyone to comment with what days they plan to be in town so that we can get an estimate of how many nights we actually need.

I think that's everything, let me know if I'm missing something I should talk about, Calc fried my brain.

• Jake_M

Jake_M FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651191 - 4 years ago

I'm able to stay those five nights, four if need be. I hope everything goes through better than with the last guy we tried to rent from.

• Kris_to_the_fer

Kris_to_the_fer

#32651192 - 4 years ago

I'm able to go

• Kris_to_the_fer

Kris_to_the_fer

#32651193 - 4 years ago

Also just a Thought after everyone replies we should talk about on which one will be the best to fit everyone without it being uncomfortable or crowed

• Gwendolen

Gwendolen

#32651194 - 4 years ago

Look who's back in a topic where she has nothing to do!

I just wanted to say, Jay, I don't know if you talked to the person to know the exact location of these places, but if you're just going by airbnb's cursor map,they actually do not give you the exact location (the cursor should change its position ever so slightly each time you look), so as to respect the privacy of the owner until you actually book. So it is possible that all three apartments would be in the same building. Either way, it's still very very close.

As far as comfort, well we don't have the square footage obviously, but here is a summary:
    All places have 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen and free cable and wifi.

1) First place (sleeps 10), 4 shared beds (queen, one in each bedroom), 2 individual air mattresses.
    2) Second place (sleeps 10), 4 shared beds (queen, I assume that one of the bedrooms has two of them, since there are 3 bedrooms), 1 shared air mattress.
    3) Third place (sleeps 12, although the prices would be higher for 12 than for 10). 3 individual beds, 3 shared beds (2 queen and 1 king) (these 6 beds are in 4 bedrooms, I don't know which goes with which), 2 shared air mattresses, and I assume he either counts that one person sleeps on the couch or that the king bed sleeps 3, to make 12.

• Gwendolen

Gwendolen

#32651195 - 4 years ago

Or you know, for the location; never mind cause it's in the description and I'm dumb.

• Sturben

Sturben FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651196 - 4 years ago

I want to be a part of this, but the 10th is my best friend's birthday. I'm trying to convince her to go, but if she does, I'd like to stay until the 11th so we can spend her birthday in town. So mark me down for 2. I'll let you know ASAP if we're for sure going or not.

• samarblume

samarblume FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nadelz

#32651198 - 4 years ago

I can go all five days smiley12.gif (also thanks for taking this under your wing, this would be my first RTX and I'm kinda glad that i wouldn't have to figure this out alone)

• samarblume

samarblume FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nadelz

#32651199 - 4 years ago

Also, all three places have a $500 security deposit (which i assume everyone staying there could chip in for) and a cleaning fee on top of the place per night. They all look amazing, and are definitely all in the same area. I'd say the difference between the first two is different interior decor. but the third option is bigger :/ also it's an extra fee to add more people..

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651201 - 4 years ago

In reply to CyberHawke51, #72:

I'm looking into using Pay It Square because I really like the set up of it but if all else fails you guys could wire it to me and I can pay for it that way.

In reply to nsafi97, #71:

The prices I posted include the extra fees, I divvied it up so that everyone will be paying equal amounts and no one person is covering those things. Because that idiot decided to be judgmental towards people we're stuck with places that will charge extra for people. The first two might not be options at this point if we add Brendan and his +1 but I'll keep looking around.

I'll try to work a bit faster on this but Thanksgiving break is next week and I'll be at home with my family so I might not get much done then.

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651202 - 4 years ago

The third one I posted would actually wind up being cheaper if we add Brendan +1 to the mix so I'll keep an eye on that one smiley12.gif

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651203 - 4 years ago

Also, upon re-reading the descriptions, I might be able to convince the owner to let us have more people in the smaller ones if all else fails. It might be cramped if we do that but if money calls for it I won't complain about lack of space. I'll be the first to sleep on the floor if it means cheaper housing for the (possibly) 5 nights.

• samarblume

#32651204 - 4 years ago

i mean pricing is cheaper than a hotel either way so they all sound good to me!

• Kris_to_the_fer

Kris_to_the_fer

#32651205 - 4 years ago

I'll be willing to pay half or more of the 500 deposit if needed just give me the date a prob 2 weeks in adv min week and a half. I don't mind doing this b/c I'm getting my old job back with a raise and i don't need a lot of money to save for RTX since I''ve saved enough already

• Danny_C64

Danny_C64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Ad Astra

#32651206 - 4 years ago

In reply to annyanimous, #73:

don't know about everyone else, but i'd prefer to wire cause these services tend to take a small fee and I don't want to have to account for that when I send money.

And don't worry about getting too much work done over Thanksgiving. Enjoy yourself. I doubt a few days will make a difference anyway

• MarcusSanche

MarcusSanche FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651207 - 4 years ago

I'm always in. Just let me know when you need my moneys

• jaythefae

jaythefae Actual Fairy

#32651209 - 4 years ago

I know you guys really want updates but there's nothing to update you all on until I get a solid confirmation list on who is actually attending and who needs a place to stay. Until I can get that we're kind of stuck waiting, sorry smiley12.gif