Forums > The Afterstreamers!

RTX Lodging

Posts (16)

• Forgle

Forgle

#32657996 - 4 years ago

Howdy folks, I wanted to tuck this post away from the other RTX planning thread so the focus there could be on communal planning and less about what this post is going to be about. WHICH IS;

We have reserved and paid for a two bedroom, 1 bathroom, apartment with foldout couch for four nights. August 6-10th. This isn't the enormous nice condo unfortunately (it's more of a bungalow) and it'll likely feel like less of a party. We are hoping to find 2 - 4 people to share this place and its very very reasonable expenses (as low as $125 for four nights).

www.airbnb.com/rooms/4243413 this is the apartment. It is south of the river, approximately a twenty minute walk or an $8 cab ride from the convention center. Obviously if we are to get maximum value, bed sharing is going to be a thing.

So this document contains the nitty gritty details. Please read in it's entirety if you are interested in signing up.
    docs.google.com/document/d/1BoDbbu39N0v_LBNv-...

If you have read through that and think that this is awesome use this google form to let us know what's up.
    goo.gl/forms/PqjKBsS96f

• Danny_C64

Danny_C64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Ad Astra

#32657997 - 4 years ago

Is it possible for you to extend the reservation to that monday? I personally don't know how I would feel leaving the same day the convention ends.

I would like to group up with the others but if that ends up not working, I would like to stay at this apartment with a whole room to myself if that's even still a possibility. With that, I'd like to ask a question: If I do reserve my place at this apartment, and the "AS Pad" ends up working out, could I cancel my reservation without a 'fee'?

And regarding the extended stay request, I'd be willing to to pay as much as the whole cost for the extra night (along with the cost of a private bedroom) if money is an issue for anyone involved. I would still be paying less than a 3-night stay at the Hilton so it shouldn't be a problem financially for me.

• Gwendolen

Gwendolen

#32657998 - 4 years ago

Hey Danny, actually, the 10th is on the Monday, RTX ends on the 9th. I don't think we can extend more than that but no, we're not leaving on the last day of the convention, just the day after (basically we're staying Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night).

As to your other question, well, we'd like to give priority to people who are sure they want to stay in the apartment, but it's still good to know that you're interested. The room for yourself would be available.

In short, we can't have you "reserve" the room and refuse people who would be sure to share the apartment BUT if we don't get anyone or if all people interested are also not sure, you'd then have priority. However, this will depend on how long it takes to get the "AS Pad" sorted out. As mentioned in the doc, we would like to have a definitive number of people and receive all payment by June 1st, so that we're not still in doubt two weeks before the event.

• Gwendolen

Gwendolen

#32657999 - 4 years ago

Just a heads up here that we will probably soon list this apartment on the larger RTX 2015 forum.
    We would still like to give priority to Afterstreamers, and honestly, at under $35 a night per person, I feel like this would be a great opportunity, especially for couples/friends who do not mind sharing a bed.
    This being said, we have not received much interest and have spent money on the apartment already, so we would like to make sure to get it back.
    In other words, if you are interested, make up your mind quickly and contact us as soon as possible.

• Danny_C64

Danny_C64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Ad Astra

#32658000 - 4 years ago

I think I'm gonna take you guys up on this offer because the other place is taking a bit long to wrap up and if I don't get cheap housing I simply won't be able to go. You two have any rooms left?

• Forgle

Forgle

#32658001 - 4 years ago

We'd be happy to have you Danny! We do have openings left. I can't find anything about it now but I felt like RT was getting closer to announcing their hotel deals, and until that happens there's no way to tell if this will be cheaper than than what they'll offer. But I think discounts might be like 10%, and if you look at hotels in the area... yeah it's still likely to be cheaper in the apartment.

If you're still interested let us know through the form and especially let us know if anything about the arrangement is unclear.

• stretch787

stretch787 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32658002 - 4 years ago

Do you guys have any spots left? There hasn't been a whole of activity for the AS condo and i want to make sure i get a place to stay and this seems like a great place

• Sturben

Sturben FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32658003 - 4 years ago

What's the full capacity you guys are looking at? Asking for myself and my +1. Not set on a place for sure, just want to explore the options.

• Forgle

Forgle

#32658004 - 4 years ago

Total capacity would be six (including us). I've updated the Google doc to reflect existing reservations so the spots listed there are available.

A note on taken spots. Ultimately it's first come first serve for desired spots. However if we get all 6 slots filled there may be a discount incentive for moving spots around if having certain spots is a matter of you choosing to stay here or not.

• Sturben

Sturben FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32658005 - 4 years ago

Completely different question. Do you guys know where a good place to stay on Monday night would be? My +1's birthday is on that Monday and I don't plan on driving back that night.

• Danny_C64

#32658006 - 4 years ago

In reply to Sturben, #10:

I haven't looked into it much but you could always try and find a hostel. Not sure if it's "good" but it's worth looking into, I guess.

• Forgle

Forgle

#32658007 - 4 years ago

We did look into it quite a bit and a bed at the Firehouse was like 35 a night IIRC. It also looks like a really nice hostel. It only costs 5 bucks to make a reservation so it's almost worth it as a back up even if you find something else before you go.

Jacob the fold out couch spots are still available.

• stretch787

stretch787 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32658008 - 4 years ago

Awesome!! I'm all signed up.

• Sturben

#32658009 - 4 years ago

How many people have signed up?

• Forgle

Forgle

#32658010 - 4 years ago

Two people have signed up so far.

• Forgle

Forgle

#32658012 - 4 years ago

Sorry, the apartment is full