Forums > The Angels

Good Cause and PC Game Nights

Posts (21)

• KistyNocturn

KistyNocturn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaming Cat Girl

#32272120 - 5 years ago

Alright I am not sure if anyone has heard of this yet, but I know the games can be expensive for some of us, so I found this nice charity event site called "Humble Bundle" Every month or few weeks the packs of games change and the charities which you are giving money to change as well, though most of the time it's places like Child's Play, red cross, umm there are a few others which escape my mind.

At the time I am making this thread they have some multi-player games up for only a $1.00 donation to charity and you can pick how much goes to each charity by the way. I am a big fan of charities and it does help out several foundations or just one group but usually the games are indie related but some times big companies like to get in and let us enjoy some of those nice games we are too broke to buy most of the time. By default it says $25 but you can click custom donation and put in that $1 or put in $5 so you can get the extra games too if you want.

I wanted to pass this along because I am going be doing some hosting for PC Play nights with our group soon and I will be pulling from some of these games in the future...hint hint.

I mostly play on Steam, Minecraft and though I don't like it Origins but that's because only some games could be activated that way. I do own an Xbox, but I only play on it when my PC is busy rendering a video or I need a break from my little monitor.

I am also opening PC gaming discussions as I would love to host some games and I have a very nice game list and there are a few that aren't in view so just pointing it out there, and most I haven't played yet. I am willing to host these games just the question now which games would you like to play on PC? I will put up a poll later.

BSjbiYGCYAAhyuB.jpg

• ChickTastic

ChickTastic FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32272121 - 5 years ago

In reply to KistyNocturn, #1:

Have I told you today how much you rock??

• Jillers

Jillers

#32272122 - 5 years ago

Man, I love the Humble Bundle thing. I think it's as bad as the Steam Summer Sale... like "Hmmm.... I don't know that I'll actually play any of these games... but 5 bucks for 10 games? I mean, who knows, maybe I'll want to play them later on."

Plus charity. Of course.

• KistyNocturn

KistyNocturn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaming Cat Girl

#32272123 - 5 years ago

In reply to ChickTastic, #2:

I do what I can to help, you know that lol. thank you

In reply to Jillers, #3:

I honestly have bought several humble bundle packs and installed most of them, but haven't even touched half of them. Having it there kind of makes me feel like a game hoarder but then I remember it's for charity and go, "Some day I will make a let's play out of these" plus you can get the individual codes and save them so you can give them away as prizes or something, which is really nice too.

• Jillers

Jillers

#32272124 - 5 years ago

In reply to KistyNocturn, #4:

Huh, I never thought about that with the individual codes, what a fantastic idea!

• KistyNocturn

#32272125 - 5 years ago

In reply to Jillers, #5:

It wasn't really my idea a friend sort of suggested it to me the other day, but it is brilliant.

• MichelleChalm

MichelleChalm FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32272126 - 5 years ago

In reply to KistyNocturn, #1:

This is so cool my heart can't even handle it.

• KamakaziNES

KamakaziNES FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold SaneAdjacent

#32272127 - 5 years ago

This sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing :)

As for PC games to play, Warframe has grabbed my attention recently.

• KistyNocturn

#32272128 - 5 years ago

I would like to say Worms Reloaded is on Humble Bundle for $6.21 I would recommend snatching it in this week's humble bundle I do have plans for a play date with that game.

• ChickTastic

ChickTastic FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32272129 - 5 years ago

In reply to KistyNocturn, #9:

Whoo!!! Worms!!!!

• KistyNocturn

#32272130 - 5 years ago

In reply to ChickTastic, #10:

oh and apparently the weekly bundle is now ALL Worms games

• MillsK

MillsK FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32272131 - 5 years ago

I do like Humble Bundle. I need to get round to playing the games I got on there though.

On the topic of PC game nights, me and my mates went and downloaded Loadout last night and had a play. It is an incredibly fun game and I was wondering if any of the girls would wanna play one night? It's 2 teams of 4 and we could capture some pretty funny stuff.

• KistyNocturn

#32272132 - 5 years ago

In reply to MillsK, #12:

I would be up for that, just pick a day and time, I am usually free on weekends and Thursday nights. I've been busy with school and about to start a new job so I don't know my schedule just yet, but this weekend I am free.

• MillsK

MillsK FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32272133 - 5 years ago

Awesome. I'm UK so I'm going to make things awkward in terms of time but i'll try and figure out something resonable if people are up for it.

• KistyNocturn

#32272134 - 5 years ago

In reply to MillsK, #14:

We can make it work, I have several friends in the UK we manage the times, I aim for early morning for me so it's not too late in the afternoon/evening.

• MillsK

#32272135 - 5 years ago

Ah fab. Well hopefully some others are interested. It is an incredibly fun game.

• KistyNocturn

#32272136 - 5 years ago

In reply to MillsK, #16:

You up for a Loadout Game night this weekend? Saturday say 12pm or 1pm PST, which is my time, and if I did the conversions correctly that puts it around 8pm your time, would that work? I won't make a thread for Loadout Ladies night until we have a nailed time so we can have multiple games going at once. I would try earlier but I have a conference call for work that I have to be at 10am and not sure how long that will go.

• LadyOddDuck

LadyOddDuck

#32272137 - 5 years ago

In reply to KistyNocturn, #17:

I'll promote it from our twitter account too once you guys have the details worked out. smiley1.gif

• KistyNocturn

#32272138 - 5 years ago

In reply to LadyOddDuck, #18:

thank you, and game play will be recorded so I can make highlights for the YouTube Channel if you want me too, I have mastered my OBS recording software.

• LadyOddDuck

LadyOddDuck

#32272139 - 5 years ago

In reply to KistyNocturn, #19:

Awesome! That sounds really cool!

• MillsK

#32272140 - 5 years ago

Thats sounds just fine for me :) I'll get my recording stuff set up for the lpc too then !