Forums > The Angels

Destiny: Angels

Posts (12)

• AnGuardiandevil

AnGuardiandevil FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Lurking in the Shadows

#32626984 - 4 years ago

so who is playing destiny?
    how is it? does it feel like long term
    or short term playability?

i'm am currently working on getting me
    xbox one and destiny got me feeling the
    same thing i felt for titan fall, all Multiplayer
    and no single player

• LadyOddDuck

LadyOddDuck

#32626985 - 4 years ago

I played a bit of Destiny yesterday. It was fun. Definitely a Bungie game.

You can do it single player, but multiplayer would probably be easier/more fun, in my opinion. It's not story-heavy and relies on something called "grimoire cards" to tell the story behind the game. Those you can read on bungie.net as you unlock them.

I really like it, but I also don't play single player games typically so take that with a grain of salt. I can't wait to get into the PvP aspects.

• Atreno

Atreno FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Atreno

#32626986 - 4 years ago

I've sank a few hours into Destiny and so far I'm really loving the game play. It feels like Halo when you're playing it, which is definitely a good thing. It's familiar while still being new.

One thing that I don't like about the game though is that there's no proximity chat to other players. Another Guardian sees you struggling and helps you out of a jam? You can't give them a quick thanks. Want to form an impromptu Fire Team with people who are also in the Tower? No way to communicate that you're looking for a group. I can see this not being too big of a problem if you have a large group of friends who have the same console with a copy of the game, but I don't have any friends that play Destiny.

One last gripe (I swear the game is good!) is that there's no manual. Occasionally I'll have a question about something I've run across or an icon I don't recognise in the game and short of pulling out your phone to google it, you're screwed and just have to make a good guess.

• LadyOddDuck

LadyOddDuck

#32626987 - 4 years ago

Also for everyone's consideration: AbleGamers just posted a review of Destiny! Check it out if you have any accessibility concerns!

• Atreno

Atreno FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Atreno

#32626988 - 4 years ago

If anyone has Destiny for the PS4, I'm on most nights (and looking for a low level fireteam). My username is atreno

• KamakaziNES

KamakaziNES FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold SaneAdjacent

#32626989 - 4 years ago

In reply to LadyOddDuck, #2:

We should play more Destiny together!

• LadyOddDuck

LadyOddDuck

#32626990 - 4 years ago

In reply to KamakaziNES, #6:

We definitely should!

• kitn42

kitn42

#32626991 - 4 years ago

So does anyone still play Destiny here? I've been playing it since launch and still have yet to do a raid because only two of my friends still play it. I know I should probably use a lfg site but I always chicken out when it comes down to it. smiley4.gif I'm on PS4 and my tag is kitn-42. I'm usually on weekend night's.

• LadyOddDuck

LadyOddDuck

#32626992 - 4 years ago

In reply to kitn42, #8:

@CraftyAssass is our Angel who plays on PS4! Tagging her in here so she sees it. :)

• CraftyAssass

CraftyAssass

#32626993 - 4 years ago

Hello! What time zone are you in, @kitn42 ? I play evenings UK time, but if you're not UK I'm sure we can work something out :p

• kitn42

kitn42

#32626994 - 4 years ago

I'm in US mountain time. (-7 hours from your time) so I'll have to try and throw in some morning game times, which isn't a problem on my days off.

• LadyOddDuck

LadyOddDuck

#32626995 - 4 years ago

In reply to kitn42, #11:

Hey @kitn42! Clare will be hosting a PS4 Destiny night Sunday at 12 PM CST. Message her on PSN at sherlock_strikes to join the fun! :)