Forums > The Basement

Pope has just passed away.

Posts (136)

• billy

billy

#542705 - 14 years ago

The Pope is having a Long Island Iced Tea with Satan in Hell right now.

. . .

• Platipus

Platipus

#542785 - 14 years ago

In reply to 56KbModem, #1:

This Pope was in my opion, the best. He addmitted to the wrongs of the Roman Catholic Church and asked for forgiveness. He was agaist homosexuals in the Church. He had a memorial to the Jews in the Holocaust. Pope John Paul II had humor, addmitted to faults, tryed to make resolution with other religions, and spoke his belifes for all to hear.

• mine

mine

#542797 - 14 years ago

In reply to DragonEdge, #12:

you disrespectful cockbite

• Mr_Flibble

Mr_Flibble

#543381 - 14 years ago

It's a bit sad with all the media coverage going on (a bit too much coverage if you ask me)
    however regarding the end of the world that would be if they appointed a black pope (signals the end of the world etc) so I don't think they are going to do that.

As far as making up for the chatholic churches previous mis deeds he has done a good job.

lets hope whoever they appoint can keep the good work up.

And lets not forget that the popes job involved a 14 hour work day that would of done me in in about a year let alone the length of time he lasted.

• Hidden_Cube

Hidden_Cube

#543394 - 14 years ago

In reply to Mr_Flibble, #142:

Yeh there was to much coverage for my liking

Man would peoplelet it go just busy thr poor guy instead of parading his dead body around the streets, it just sickens me that people say RIP when he obviously isent because hes laying on a bed being carried everywhere while hundreds of TV cameras keep focus on him

• bilski101

bilski101

#543434 - 14 years ago

In reply to gotcurl, #144:

no offense dude, but I don't think anyone said Princess Di didn't do anything. It's just that she got WAY too much coverage while someone much more worthy of praise (Mother Theresa) made it to page 1 only once. Sometimes I think the British take their monarchy too seriously...

• Fish_Bash

Fish_Bash

#543436 - 14 years ago

In reply to gotcurl, #144:

I am in no way insulting Princess Di. I am saying that it is a shame that everyone forgot about someone else who devoted her life to helping people just because someone else who helped people happened to be royalty. It's a rant about respect for some but not respect for others of the same caliber.

• BillOreilly

BillOreilly

#543441 - 14 years ago

In reply to bilski101, #145:

It's not what you do, it's who you are.

Sad, but true.

• Fish_Bash

Fish_Bash

#543462 - 14 years ago

In reply to gotcurl, #148:

I agree with you. I am not saying anything bad about Di, okay? I think it is ridiculous that someone's social standing (royalty or otherwise) directly effects the public's reaction when they die. You already said you agree with that, so don't think I am bashing Princess Di.

The Pope was a good man that tried to open the hearts and minds of those he encountered. I truly think he was great, but isn't it kind of strange that many are praying for him at this point? I don't understand that. Seems to me that he is already taken care of.

• Chi_Mangetsu

Chi_Mangetsu

#543490 - 14 years ago

In reply to Sizzors, #101:

In reply to 56KbModem, #100:

It's not about who he is stupid. It's WHAT he did that made him special. He isn't remembered as the Pope, he's remembered as a hero and role-model to many people.

And he gave Mother Teresa sainthood, which, undoubtedly, if someone that had worked so closely with her such as he had not been in such a high position to do so, it would have never been done at all.

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#543723 - 14 years ago

In reply to 56KbModem, #1:

*bows*

That man did a lot of great things. He lived a good, long life and he will be missed.

*bows again*