Forums > The Basement

The BAR: Megan's Uterus Poops

Posts (3626)

• gotcurlredux

gotcurlredux

#33151868 - 3 years ago

In reply to Giries

Well... no one particularly WANTS RB's "banhammer" as it were, but he's a moderator, which is like the internet equivalent of Creed's lead singer, and even that motherfucker had his groupies...

• Bryy

Bryy

#33152171 - 3 years ago

lol banhammer

Sounds like you send any woman that touches your dong to a hellish netherealm.

BTW.

Apparently Steam gives out my number. A customer just called me.

• Shinny

Shinny

#33152995 - 3 years ago

In reply to Bryy

What'd they say?

• Bryy

Bryy

#33153361 - 3 years ago

They wanted to know how to download Steam. They already bought the game so I told them if worse comes to worse I'll just send them the files.

• gotcurlredux

gotcurlredux

#33153396 - 3 years ago

In reply to Bryy

They wanted to know how to download Steam. They already bought the game so I told them if worse comes to worse I'll just send them the files.

But... they bought the game on Steam? I don't understand...

Also, I don't use Steam, so that could be why I don't understand.

Also, this person sounds like a stalker be careful they might SWAT you or like... send a cookie bouquet to your house.

• Shinny

Shinny

#33153453 - 3 years ago

In reply to Bryy

Who the fuck buys a game off steam without getting the steam client?

In reply to gotcurlredux

Must've got it from the steam store website. Didnt even know that was possible.

• Bryy

Bryy

#33153476 - 3 years ago

They bought the game, all I care about.

• gotcurlredux

gotcurlredux

#33153550 - 3 years ago

In reply to Bryy

YOU DON'T CARE THAT THEY MIGHT STALK YOU AND SEND YOU A COOKIE BOUQUET?!? BRYY YOU NEED TO HAVE SOME SELF PRESERVATION, BRO!

• Bryy

Bryy

#33153671 - 3 years ago

I give a shit about Gamergate harassment, not paying customers.

• Shinny

Shinny

#33154378 - 3 years ago

In reply to Bryy

Oooh, Imagine if Sarkeesian made a vid about your game.

Tell me Bryy,

DOES YOUR GAME TREAT WOMEN LIKE SEXUAL OBJECTS TO BE ACTED UPON!?

• Bryy

Bryy

#33154421 - 3 years ago

The canon gender choice is female, and the character does deal with their role in society. It is based on Shadows Over Innsmouth, after all.

But I agree with Sarkeesian, she just has a very hostile way of approaching certain situations that don't require as much vigor as actual prejudicial bullshit.

I think it's a fucking travesty that Zoey Quinn both felt she had to and did drop the legal case against her ex. The bad guys won.

• Shinny

Shinny

#33154487 - 3 years ago

Yeah i do feel she has some valid points here and there, but the way she delivers them is just, I wouldnt say hostile, more of intentionally trying to get a reaction. The valid points she brings up, she doesnt delve into too much and backs the ones she does with just gobshite evidence. The reason the internet is so pissed off with her in particular is not because shes making these videos.

Its because she managed to sucker a $158k out of people and not only has not delivered on all the content she promised a whole, has delivered only 9 Videos over the course of 3 years. With that cash however, she can pull some pretty big influence, no matter how shit her arguments are. And thats the other thing as to why people hate her. She has influence, she gets E3 press badges and shit.

There are sexist stuff in video games yes, and while pointing it out, wouldnt get alot of acclaim, providing good points out with valid arguments by someone who actually plays the games in full and appreciates them for what they are, 2 things Sarkeesian has never shown that she does at all, wouldnt garner much hate.

• Bryy

Bryy

#33154574 - 3 years ago

Who cares if she has influence? She only cares about a proper representation of HER OWN GENDER in video games.

• Shinny

Shinny

#33154617 - 3 years ago

In reply to Bryy

Edit: Apologies for the wall of text. Got carried away :/

Yeah but see thats the thing. It feels to me like she doesnt even really give a shit about video games. All she wants is feminist influence, mainly over pop culture. If you see her earlier works like this. Its just her mainly talking about politics and pop culture, she spends like a grand total of 5 mintues on video games.

Im guessing somewhere down the line, she figured out criticising video games are a hot button issue that garners tons of publicity. Everyone was already doing pop culture, like movies and stuff. Video games however, were generally untouched at that time. Only controversy around games was violence. The thing is, Sarkeesian seems to be feeding off controversy, no one gave a shit about her feminist """""research"""""" until she tackled video games. Even she says herself that she doesnt play. For her, No publicity is bad publicity. Just look at all the youtubers responding to her game videos, MrRepzion, Amazing Athiest. She wants em to. Because the hate she receives, is just publicity, to the people who want to be "different" by supporting her, or whatever other reasons. Shes garnered support. She has a voice now. She has UN connections n shit. She has, influence, to impose whatever agenda she wants.

She received $450k in 2014 and $300k in 2015, Altogether, she has gotten just shy of a million dollars.

Just look at her website blogs. It's clear she doesnt give a shit about video games, her blogs are all about social media, TV, movies and general feminism. I mean ffs she only made 9 vids over 3 years. This is just something she has to do to "pay the bills" of sorts. I really cant say what her proper agenda is. But, its definitely not changing video games to better represent women.

• Zack

Zack FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Zatch

#33154658 - 3 years ago

In reply to Shinny

Why are you mad that she got so much money? How can she control that? You should be mad at all the people who gave her money, or at least the people that gave over the amount she should have gotten as deemed by you.

• Bryy

Bryy

#33154729 - 3 years ago

"Agenda"

"Doesn't play"

"Feminist influence"

I'm sorry I even started going down this rabbit hole.

Who likes pizza?

• Giries

Giries FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PA Guardian

#33154837 - 3 years ago

In reply to Bryy

At this point in my college career, I am quite certain I am 25 percent pizza. That shit is my lifeblood.

• Bryy

Bryy

#33154839 - 3 years ago

What school?

• Giries

Giries FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PA Guardian

#33154864 - 3 years ago

In reply to Bryy

UC Riversde. Studying Neuroscience.

• Bryy

Bryy

#33154879 - 3 years ago

I was UCSC. Lit major.

• Shinny

Shinny

#33154899 - 3 years ago

In reply to Zack

I personally dont give a shit about sarkessian. I dont see the reason to get mad over her popularity, but i can see why the internet is pissed off with her generally. The reason i know so much about her is because I follow the people responding to her videos, essentially giving her the publicity.

In reply to Bryy

Eating Pizza now actually.

• gotcurlredux

gotcurlredux

#33154968 - 3 years ago

hahaha, Shinny shut the fuck up you dumb cunt.

• gotcurlredux

gotcurlredux

#33154969 - 3 years ago

Neuroscience? Holy shit kid, remind me to marry you.

• Giries

#33154982 - 3 years ago

In reply to Bryy

Never been to Santa Cruz. Hell, the farthest north I ever gone from SoCal was Victorville, and that still is in SoCal.

In reply to gotcurlredux

I respectfully decline. That big dick of your's is too intimidating.

• Shinny

Shinny

#33154992 - 3 years ago

In reply to gotcurlredux

pls.