Forums > The Basement

Random Facts

Posts (1393)

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#471591 - 14 years ago

In reply to staigscrane, #1438:

yeah, the three languages the Bible was written in were greek, hebrew, and aramaic. just fyi.

• funzo_47

funzo_47

#472262 - 14 years ago

a lizards poo hole is called a vent :)

• Geekmaster

Geekmaster

#474531 - 14 years ago

A box jellyfish can use one of its 15 tentacles to kill 60 people. That same poision is used for Botox. Old ladies should think about that

• jackiebot

jackiebot FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold me irl

#474774 - 14 years ago

In reply to Geekmaster, #1444:
    that's actually pretty interesting...

the muscle that controls sneezing also controls orgasms.. so the way you sneeze supposedly has a direct correlation with your verility... (for the dimwitted ones: it you tend to sneeze 2 or 3 times in a row... .. .)..

my roommate will usually sneeze about 9 times in a row.. i can't help but to giggle at it.. you'd think i'd grow up by now..

• charliedog

charliedog

#475914 - 14 years ago

Men reach their sexual peak at the age of 18 and women reach theirs at 30.

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#476401 - 14 years ago

In reply to charliedog, #1446:

I thought it was 40. Kinda sucks don't it.
    ....Well maybe its like a defence menchanism (but not), cause if we were all frisky at the same time I guess we'd have an even worse major population issue...idunno. I'm sure God has some reason He did it that way...

• NaDy

NaDy

#476403 - 14 years ago

i dunno if this has been posted yes or not, maily because i dont want to search through 49 pages!

but anyway...the blood in your body is actually blue, when it comes into contact with oxygen a chemical reaction makes it red.

• Kschenke

Kschenke

#476419 - 14 years ago

In reply to NaDy, #1448:

The woman who played Wendy on the Wonder Years got a degree in Mathamatics and actually got a proof published in a British Science Journal.

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#476438 - 14 years ago

In reply to Kschenke, #1449:

Always thought her name was Winnie. And what, exactly, is a proof again? I think i remember something about them from Chemistry....but no longer.

• l337_master

l337_master

#476795 - 14 years ago

In reply to NaDy, #1448:

actually its a really deep purple thats why some people get confused on why they cant see their arteries

pure oxygen is a single atom state is extremely explosive and can also eat through metal

Flurine(sp) is the only element to be able to make a compound with a noble gas the out come is F6XE

• Houndstalk

Houndstalk

#476909 - 14 years ago

In reply to l337_master, #1451:
    Just to make it readable

In reply to NaDy, #1448:

actually its a really deep purple thats why some people get confused on why they cant see their arteries

pure oxygen in a single atom state is extremely explosive and can also eat through metal

Flourine(sp) is the only element able to make a compound with a noble gas the outcome is F6XE

I atom of Flourine, 6 atoms of Xeon

• neutrino

neutrino

#477285 - 14 years ago

Did you know that .3% of all auto collisions in canada involve a moose?

• Midnighthawk

Midnighthawk

#477367 - 14 years ago

In reply to neutrino, #1453:

Fun Fact- One can milk a dead walrus for up to 19 pints of milk, then come back 2 hours later and do it again for the same amount.

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#477934 - 14 years ago

In reply to Midnighthawk, #1454:

Gross...why does someone know that?

• Russ

Russ

#478010 - 14 years ago

1. During an hour's swimming at a municipal pool you will ingest 1/12 liter of urine

2. In an average day your hands will have come into indirect
    contact with 15 penises (touching door handles etc.) Remote
    controls in hotels are the worst! (Always carry your Lysol spray

3. An average person's yearly fast food intake will contain 12
    pubic hairs.

4. In a year you will have swallowed 14 insects - while you slept!

5. Annually, you will shake hands with 11 men who have
    recently masturbated and failed to wash their hands.

6. In a lifetime, 22 nosey workmen doing work in your home will
    have examined the contents of your dirty laundry basket. We
    won't even go into guests snooping in your medicine cabinet.

7. At an average wedding reception you have a 1/100 chance
    of getting a cold sore from one of the guests. Mouth herpes.

8. Daily you will breath in 1 liter of other peoples' anal gases.

• bugpowder

bugpowder

#3800464 - 13 years ago

Sow bugs [aka "pill bugs," or erroneously "doodle bugs"] are not little armadillos. Sow bugs are isopods not insects. What is an isopod you may ask? An isopod is a crustacean. Shrimp and crayfish are crustaceans also. Do sow bugs taste like shrimp? I don't know. I have never eaten shrimp.

• bugpowder

bugpowder

#3800485 - 13 years ago

Small dogs do not actually live longer than large dogs, but rather, it just feels like they do.

• PumpJackMcGee

PumpJackMcGee

#32933137 - 3 years ago

The word "Fact" comes from the Latin "Factum"- which sounds similar to "Fucked 'em". It also used to mean "Something that has happened/has been done". It's modern meaning of "this thing which is true" only came about during the 16th Century.