Forums > The Basement

the Shameless Self-Promotion thread

Posts (62)

• axeman

axeman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#173846 - 14 years ago

Well, I've been doing this in my journal for some time, so I figure it's time to put it into a thread.

The object is simple, one preson posts a question and gives mod points to the person who gives the correct awnser.

The questions/awnsers could be funny, serious, whatever.
    Use this thread to find help, get a laugh, or just waste time.

I'll start...
    What do you believe to be the best webcomic (RvB and all other animated productions excluded)

• RTDRB

RTDRB

#173886 - 14 years ago

In reply to axeman, #1:

"preson's" can't post or "awnser"

• axeman

axeman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#173902 - 14 years ago

In reply to RTDRB, #2:

What? Why the people post?
    Is there something wrong with the site?
    Oh, I knew it...just as soon as a submit a new topic, everything goes wrong!

• Show

Show

#173921 - 14 years ago

No no, you're mistaken. The site is fine, but it's entirely your own fault that you're an idiot.

Well....your parents may be partially to blame.... wait...no I'm sure it's just you.

• axeman

#173949 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #4:

yeah...ya know I wasn't being completely serious when I said that...

• Show

Show

#173982 - 14 years ago

I was. =D

• axeman

#173994 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #6:

nice.

Well, this has gone pretty far off topic...not that there was a solid topic to begin with, but still...

• Show

Show

#174020 - 14 years ago

In reply to axeman, #8:

See? You do understand. There was never a solid topic to begin with. Now do yourself and all of us a favor, and don't make anymore new threads, M'kay?

• axeman

#174032 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #9:

heh
    What you see as the problem, I see as the solution.

• axeman

#174050 - 14 years ago

In reply to , #11:
    Think about it...
    What happens to just about every topic sooner or later?
    1. they lose interst due to people running out of things to say, or-
    2. the thread sprials out of control due to it's assualt by dozens of mindless, pointless posts.

Now, if the topic is mindless (or non-existant) then one could assume that the only way to go is up.
    How wrong I was...

• Show

Show

#174055 - 14 years ago

You made your little idea into a thread.

Don't make silly new threads.

• Wizbang

Wizbang

#174361 - 14 years ago

In reply to axeman, #1:

I'm confused. How does one post the correct answer to a question that begins "what do you believe..."?

Aren't you pretty much bound to give mod points to any answer, since (presumably) everyone has a good estimation of their own beliefs regarding the quality of webcomics?

• crimsonclad

crimsonclad

#174883 - 14 years ago

In reply to Wizbang, #13:

well in that case, mod me up, scotty ;)

• JCoit

JCoit

#174888 - 14 years ago

In reply to axeman, #1:

I AM SHAMELESSLY SELF PROMOTING MYSELF

• R34P3R

R34P3R FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#175148 - 14 years ago

My question is, "What the hell is the point of this thread?" The topic doesn't match what ever it was that you said. Shameless Self promotion was my idea to begin with and it's mainly about promoting a new thread you made or interesting journal entry....you know, so you can rake in as much modpoints as possible.

*Note: Best to do this only when you have something good. Otherwise you'll get the most -1 noobs and flamebaits as possible ^_^

Shameless Self promotion: Check out my journal

• Wizbang

Wizbang

#176201 - 14 years ago

In reply to crimsonclad, #14:

you did not answer so you get no mod points!

• Supey

Supey

#176369 - 14 years ago

Shameless Elf Promotion:

elf-movie-poster.jpg

• axeman

#176697 - 14 years ago

This will decide if this thread is worth saving.
    The person with the funniest answer wins the mod points.

Stupid question:
    Why does my knife smell like money?
    lg%5Fmilitary%5F116%2Ejpg

• NEZeni

NEZeni

#176702 - 14 years ago

In reply to axeman, #21:

you shoved it up bill gates butt.

• axeman

#176742 - 14 years ago

In reply to axeman, #21:

The person with the funniest answer wins the mod points.

Change of plans: all funny answers will recieve mod points.

• 56KbModem

56KbModem

#176750 - 14 years ago

i have more then 20 mod points....... and no-one to give them to.

• axeman

#176762 - 14 years ago

In reply to 56KbModem, #24:

If you want to start up new question, go ahead.

• RTDRB

RTDRB

#176763 - 14 years ago

In reply to axeman, #21:

BECAUSE! The blade in question symbolizes the betrayal of the slaving lower class, upon which the greedy Zionist corporations feed upon through the great invention of Satan called capitalism. The blade is stained with the blood of honest, hard-working disenfranchised minorities which is then lapped up by the neo conservative white corporate trough-feeders whose hands reek of the stench of the ill-gotten blood money. This is whereby the smell of money become evident upon the capitalist's knife.

• Servo

Servo

#177106 - 14 years ago

In reply to axeman, #21:

Is it a hooker knife?

• axeman

#180498 - 14 years ago

In reply to axeman, #23:

Alright, I some have some changes and considerations to go over.

In order to get the answers you're looking for, you should briefly describe the question.
    i.e. stupid question, practical question, or help my pathetic ass

Next, everyone can (and should) give mod points regardless of who posted the question.
    The same thing goes for new questions, fell free to post.