Forums > The Basement

Big Wheel or Green Machine?

Posts (17)

• spartan13

spartan13

#177708 - 14 years ago

A friend of mine and I have a friendly argument. Which was better, the original Big Wheel or The Green Machine? See reference pictures below. Make your arguments here. I'll start with my reply.

greenmachine2d.jpg

originalbigwheel-2.JPG

• spartan13

spartan13

#177717 - 14 years ago

In reply to spartan13, #1:

Although I had several Big Wheels, once The Green Machine came out I never looked back. There wasn't anything quite like the rush of going extremely fast downhill (I lived pretty much on a mountain side in Puerto Rico) and yanking the GM's levers in opposite ways so that the rear wheels would turn and the GM would, in most cases, spin out of control. In many other cases, it would roll out of control leaving you with some nasty, but very cool, road rash.

The Green Machine rocks!

• Wire

Wire

#177770 - 14 years ago

Yeah I'm younger than you and was unable to enjoy the features of the Green Machine. I did like my Big Wheel though.

• h4l0_f4n4tic

h4l0_f4n4tic

#177816 - 14 years ago

green machine, because it's green.

• Joonman

Joonman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#177883 - 14 years ago

The GM Because in my Big Wheel When i tried to spin out, instead of spinning out all you did was slide forward and wear down the front wheel real bad. at least in the GM you steer with the rear wheels so you could slide the end out from under you.

• Joonman

Joonman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#177900 - 14 years ago

In reply to Rydrx, #5:

Although My Knight Rider Big Wheel had a rotating front end to change into super pursuit mode. At least i think it did, that one had a lot of style.

• RTDRB

RTDRB

#177902 - 14 years ago

In reply to Rydrx, #5:

Anal is way better than oral-

whoops wrong thread.

• Scootish

Scootish

#177995 - 14 years ago

In reply to RTDRB, #7:

big wheels were so much better, i used to ride down the driveway backwards and spin real quick then speed down the street, i thought I was so cool when i did that...good times

• antman22

antman22

#179122 - 14 years ago

I had a Knight Rider Big Wheel. I loved that thing, til i wore a giant hole in the wheel....i dont think the braking lever worked all that well on it, so i just slammed on teh pedals and skid a few feet.

• BigWillieLL6

BigWillieLL6

#179137 - 14 years ago

In reply to antman22, #9:

Damn, that thing is kickass. I wish I had had a Green Machine. I had a big wheel, until the day I tried to go for a ride on the highway in front of my house. Oopps. For some reason my parents love to tell that story.
    That GM makes me want that new thing that the It guy is making. I saw it in PopSci last month. Which I can't seem to find at the moment. Hopefully at least one person knows what the hell I'm rambling about.

• Jimmerz

Jimmerz

#179165 - 14 years ago

346608253c2_main400.jpg

Sit 'N' Spin! Wheeeee!

• hed

hed

#180003 - 14 years ago

In reply to Jimmerz, #11:

Cause that is not random and awkward....In a more related comment, the Big Wheel is better. Now I am far too younge to have had either one, but this can be deducted based upon two things. 1. The Green Machine is communist. It is made by Marx Toys. Karl Marx is the creator of communism. Green is not red. But the exact opposite of green is red, and red is the color of the communists. And when you mix the two together what do you get? Brown. Brown is the color of shit. Russia pour shit upon its people in the form of propaganda. And it is called the Green Machine. And it is a propaganda machine aswell. 2. The Big Wheel is not.

• debaser

debaser

#180188 - 14 years ago

In reply to hed, #12:

I was fortuate enough to have both, we used to have demolition derbies on them. For those the big wheel ruled, green machine had a tendancy to get run over. Just in all around coolness factor however it wa Green machine all the way.

• Hockeypuck

Hockeypuck

#180211 - 14 years ago

In reply to Scootish, #8:

I used to put up obsticals in our driveway and do spins around them on our Big Wheel. Then we ground a hole right through the front wheel.

• irishred

irishred

#180657 - 14 years ago

it's all about the green machine, guys. you youngins would never fully understand it's complexities. -joke- anyway, thats about the only kid-operated thing i've ever seen that you could peel out in. at least to that degree. i could kill a whole day on that racing up and down my street back in the day. (sigh) i'm getting all nostalgic here.... sniff, sniff.

• Yroc77

Yroc77

#190047 - 14 years ago

In reply to Rydrx, #6:

I, too, had a Knight Rider Big Wheel. Good times.

• m3nd3z2010

m3nd3z2010

#10553345 - 10 years ago

hey