Forums > The Basement

Game Threads

Posts (36)

• SirMuffinMan

SirMuffinMan

#187795 - 14 years ago

They're nothing but a huge waste of time, inspire sporadic posting by people whom I've never heard of, and they rarely post outside those threads except to create a new game thread.

Game threads should be obliterated, or at the very least, restricted to a few that should require more than just random keyboard-bashing to do Word Association.

Discuss.

• Show

Show

#187806 - 14 years ago

In reply to SirMuffinMan, #1:

I whole heartedly agree. There are at least 3 games going which are rehashes of either the Wish Game or the This or That game. It's really unnecesary and annoying clutter.

• eponymous

eponymous FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#187808 - 14 years ago

In reply to SirMuffinMan, #1:

But then what would I do at four in the morning when nobody else is in the Bar?!

• CandC209

CandC209

#187815 - 14 years ago

I fail to see how this thread is any more neccessary than the actual games themselves.

• Show

Show

#187818 - 14 years ago

So you agree that the game threads are useless and annyoing?

• SirMuffinMan

SirMuffinMan

#187820 - 14 years ago

In reply to CandC209, #4:

For starters, there's only one.

Secondly, this works at acheiving a solution, do game threads do that?

• Mad_Irishman

Mad_Irishman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#187843 - 14 years ago

In reply to SirMuffinMan, #6:

Alright, what 'is the basement for then?
    What should we post all mighty seer!!

• CandC209

CandC209

#187845 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #5:

No, I think they're just threads to spam in, as do I think this thread will end up.

• eponymous

eponymous FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#187847 - 14 years ago

In reply to Mad_Irishman, #7:

Just because it's the Basement doesn't mean "ZOMG POOST WHATEVR U WNAT!!!111"

• Show

Show

#187849 - 14 years ago

In reply to Mad_Irishman, #7:

As I said in your lousy thread, the Basement is for off-topic Discussions. Not mindless games that take little to no creativity or thought.

• Show

Show

#187855 - 14 years ago

In reply to CandC209, #8:

We have a thread to Spam in. And it's only one thread, not 20.

• K_wizard

K_wizard

#188086 - 14 years ago

how about makeing a new forum leval seprate from the basement? that way those who dislike the gameing threads can avoid them. name it something like "Forum game room" or something like that. sometimes i do like to join a forum game because there is some really fun stuff (like the "post a picture to own the previous one", but they sometimes push the other topics off the first page.

• crazedkiller

crazedkiller

#188124 - 14 years ago

In reply to K_wizard, #12:

yeah that works or they can just shut the hell up. who care if theres alo of games, there being played arnt they? obviously people like playing them so who gives a shit? and what the hell should be posted in the basement, you guys always bitch whenever anything new is posted if you dont like it.

• Show

Show

#188134 - 14 years ago

If you would read the earlier posts here, I already answered what type of posts do and don't belong in here.

And we don't bitch about things we don't like, we bitch about things that do nothing but take up space and aren't anywhere near creative or original. Most of the game threads are clones of other game threads, and the rest are just plain ridiculous.

• crazedkiller

crazedkiller

#188150 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #14:

so we should just talk about stupid shit , like i said earler why the hell dose it matter if there are games. there being played who gives a shit. its not like you have to be an anual retentive ass whole about the forum or anything. ask a staff or mod to creat a new basement topic just for games.

• Show

Show

#188162 - 14 years ago

It matters if there are games, because the way it's going everyone is trying to make up a shitty excuse for a game that we already have. It's clutter.Clutter makes the forums run slower beacuse they take up space. These threads would be locked if the mods weren't swamped with shit threads in the other forums.

Why make a new forum? Why not just use common sense and stop making shit threads, jeebus

• crazedkiller

crazedkiller

#188170 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #16:

cuase people want to make shit threads how hard is that to get. it dosnt matter if you dont like them tons of people do and its not like your a moder or staff memeber.

• CandC209

CandC209

#188172 - 14 years ago

If it makes such a clutter, why not delete the inactive threads? This forum alone has several pages, and the only ones that get posts are the first few pages. Rather than getting rid of the "useless" active ones, get rid of the innactive ones that are DEFINATELY useless.

• Show

Show

#188197 - 14 years ago

Because I'm not a mod, and those threads aren't being revived and re-created every day.

And you seem to be missing the point. If you actually read the suggestion, we said to Limit the amount of game threads to good ones. Like the Mafia game which take more than 2 seconds to reply to. Those are shit threads that need to stop. Again, Common Sense... too many fucking game threads.

• CandC209

CandC209

#188218 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #19:

"Good" is an oppinion, not everyone is going to agree which games should stay and which shouldn't.

I know you suggested to get rid of threads that got replies in two seconds, but I still say threads that don't get replies period are worse.

You may not be a mod, but I'm sure there are plenty of others who would like to delete some of this clutter.

• Show

Show

#188240 - 14 years ago

You replied for me. I didn't say good, I said games that don't take two seconds to reply to.

My comment about slowdown may have been off, and I was unclear about the clutter statement. The problem with clutter threads is that they push worthwhile threads to the next pages. Then those worthwhile threads die. These games are becoming Spam. People just want one of their own for hardly any good reason. It's pointless for there to be 8-10 game threads on the 1st page

• crazedkiller

crazedkiller

#188245 - 14 years ago

In reply to CandC209, #20:

thank god he isnt. he seems like he would be a shitty mod that would ban everyone.

• CandC209

CandC209

#188254 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #21:

I guess I see your point, but that brings me back to the idea that there should be a game forum and a basement forum.

• Show

Show

#188279 - 14 years ago

I think people should just use more common sense.

And I wouldn't ban anyone, I'd just lock the threads that serve little to no purpose or are repeats.....like all good mods should.

• CandC209

CandC209

#188290 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #24:

Because there are so many threads on games, maybe it's common sense to post them.
    It would be nice for someone to lock the repeats of threads, there are quite a few "Post your desktop" ones as an example.