w3a2

#268056 - 14 years ago

In reply to MaxWalrus, #633:

hahaha, now he's referred to only as 'the guy that sucked up..."

• RDM

RDM

#268059 - 14 years ago

In reply to w3a2, #634:

I was hoping for him to be referred to as "douche" but whatever.

• jamoan

jamoan

#273893 - 14 years ago

In request to MaxWalrus:

May I inquire for the purpose of a little insight into exactly what would be kosher for topics in the Subscribers' forum. We had an activity that had been going pretty smoothly since the incorporation of the Sponsors' section to the site. The regulars of the thread took it upon themselves to keep visitors honest to the rules, as well as each other if we would deviate at all. Noticing that we had gone past 5000 posts, we agreed to leave the old thread and create another to let the old one die. This was a conscious decision, as it is understood that most threads that reach that magnitude get archived. Our dilemma was the occasional posts by those who refused to leave the old and join the new. Our initial and, until recent, continued concern was fear that both would get locked for the appearence of both on the front page, making the forum look like a digression into a second Basement. That was not our intent, nor do we accept the possibility of the other Sponsors allowing that thought to be entertained. Consequently, both threads were locked last night.

As much as we would like our thread unlocked, we accept the possibility that desire will not be granted. We do, however, wish to know what the parameters of a worthy Subscribers' Forum topic would be, as there is no explicit mandates past the general Rules and Regs that apply to all the forums.

• jvhoef

jvhoef

#273902 - 14 years ago

In reply to jamoan, #636:

I was participating in the thread and it ran well and there did not seem to be any objections to it so I to would like to know why it was closed.

• eponymous

eponymous FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#275403 - 14 years ago

See, kids? THIS is how you talk to a mod when your thread gets locked.

• cheeser

cheeser FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#275422 - 14 years ago

I agree with jamoan. To some, the thread that we were enjoying participating in was viewed as a "useless" thread. And there is nothing wrong with that opinion. But shouldn't we have the courtesy of a definition of when someone's opinion becomes the rule?

Max, I think you are a good mod. You have been upfront with your distaste for game threads. But in the Sponsor forums, aren't all the sponsors somewhat responsible for the content as well as you and the other mods? I don't mean to sound like a jerk, I am really curious how sponsor involvement is viewed by mods. If we have no say in what we like to have as a thread, then it should be defined before we start threads with the assumption that we have right to do so. As mentioned in other posts, there are no specific rules for the sponsor forums that I have seen. So, as a sponsor, and I am sure other sponsors feel this way, I have the automatic assumption that as long as I don't break the rules stated in the "Welcome Subscribers! (Intros & rules)" thread, everything should be "OK."

This is my opinion on how I think this whole thing could be handled.

• jamoan

jamoan

#275903 - 14 years ago

In reply to eponymous, #638:

I <3 eponymous!!!1!!!one!!!

• w3a2

w3a2

#276100 - 14 years ago

there's a special thread for sponsors!?!??!!

• jamoan

jamoan

#276115 - 14 years ago

In reply to w3a2, #641:

LMMFAO@U!!!1!!!one!!!

• MaxWalrus

MaxWalrus

#276193 - 14 years ago

In reply to eponymous, #638:

EXACTLY.

Not because I think you guys need to show me respect -- I don't give a shit about that, it's just effective communication.

My response that I left in the sponsor's forum:

Ok. You guys bring up good points. I have been locking them because I think they're stupid. AND YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED THAT YOU ENJOYED THEM.

But you did pay for this forum, so I figure I will give you what you want. Just don't go overboard with it.

We're not going to bother to make guidelines. It's a waste of time. The same amount of shitty threads get made, but the majority of people start saying "OMG N00B THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED" instead of "WHY WAS MY THREAD LOCKED!!!!" Nothing is really solved.

I unlocked the one thread that wasn't archived (as far as I can tell, that's the abyss that locked threads go into). So have fun, and DON'T MAKE 50 THREADS. Just because I have allowed it to happen in there, doesn't make it the game forum.

• cheeser

cheeser FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#276208 - 14 years ago

In reply to w3a2, #641:

:O

• cheeser

#276211 - 14 years ago

In reply to w3a2, #641:

:O

• jamoan

jamoan

#276439 - 14 years ago

In reply to MaxWalrus, #643:

Thanks for your consideration and action.

• charliedog

charliedog

#2605815 - 13 years ago

bump

• charliedog

charliedog

#2605843 - 13 years ago

This thread brings back good memories.

• Hero_Boy

Hero_Boy

#2605878 - 13 years ago

In reply to Show, #3:

Get in the barrel, we're makin manbabies. Now!

Hay, I remember you