Blackclown

#256118 - 14 years ago

In reply to ArmachamOwns, #24:

Hardy Boys ROCK

• docdawolf

docdawolf

#256365 - 14 years ago

In reply to spartan13, #1:
    You know what at first when I read your journal I'm like Oak Island, Captn Kidd things I heard about In High school and never paid it no never mind. After reading that aritcle now you have me trying to figure out if

A. There was never no treasure there it was just a lie here's the quote "Legend had it that a dying sailor in the New England Colonies confessed to being a part of Kidd's notorious crew, but he never named an exact location for the hidden booty." Yes there is a treasure for Kidd's but he never said where.

B. The BlackBeard No one know if he did hid a treasure "only me and Satan knows where it is" Hmmm intresting but according to some reports that there isn't any evidence that Blackbeard conducted any operations north of Delaware

C. Yes I think it's a Pirate trap but whose that is the question. Also it's a clever trap and it would take at least months to build it. Now Kidd could have hired someone to build it and Made sure he wasnt' around so it's pointed at his treasure but Blackbeard did the same thing. Spartan13 you reopened a Childhood thought about this and I'll start looking more into Oak Island you get a cool mod from me.

Doc da wolf (ps I will take five on friday Sir) :)

• docdawolf

docdawolf

#256380 - 14 years ago

In reply to spartan13, #18:
    Move over I'll bring plently of beer and I'll be more than glad to bring my shovel you open up something in again thanks

Doc da wolf

• docdawolf

docdawolf

#256381 - 14 years ago

In reply to spartan13, #18:
    Move over I'll bring plently of beer and I'll be more than glad to bring my shovel you open up something in again thanks

Doc da wolf

• pizzaboy

pizzaboy

#256465 - 14 years ago

I HAVE THE ULTIMATE PLAN
    why dont we, the members of rvb forums, create our own exacavation. I am pretty sure if many of us funded this excavation we could get whatever is at the bottom. And of course we could go to the island for ourselves but think about it. If you supported with money then you would be at your own loss if nothing is found.
    we can hold it a few years from now, with our much superior technology we could get it. then sell it to a mueseum for a jacked up price of like 2 mill. you know, something like that.
    What do you say?

We can get LOTS of beer, pizzas, and McDonalds.

• spartan13

spartan13

#256879 - 14 years ago

In reply to HotSoup, #23:

I heard there was some sort of sequel story?

I've haven't heard any recent news on the project since I read the original article. My guess is that we will soon. Something this mysterious tends to get many people interested, rich people with nothing better to do. Especially now since it has been published and a TV show has been dedicated to it.

• Sensho

Sensho

#257453 - 14 years ago

In reply to spartan13, #31:

lol, and us poor people with nothing better to do too! great post! I passed this around my office and got ragged on at first, but once they all read it....let's just say i'm now their queen! Thankies for the office points!

• athens

athens

#259760 - 14 years ago

In reply to EccentricNed, #33:

Or the remnants of the first pirate sewerage system

• spartan13

spartan13

#259785 - 14 years ago

In reply to EccentricNed, #33:

"Smile you're on Candid Camera!"

• BandGeek

BandGeek

#263670 - 14 years ago

In reply to spartan13, #35:
    i would gladly come help dig on this. im just underage so i cant have fun with all the drunken games.

• niggernigger

niggernigger

#263732 - 14 years ago

This post has been deleted by a moderator.

• niggernigger

niggernigger

#263733 - 14 years ago

This post has been deleted by a moderator.

• ashtrey843

ashtrey843

#264229 - 14 years ago

i heard about this story about ten years ago and had completely forgotten about it.
    Where's my shovel?

• spartan13

spartan13

#269738 - 14 years ago

In reply to BandGeek, #36:

i would gladly come help dig on this. im just underage so i cant have fun with all the drunken games.

We won't tell anyone if you have a sip or 20. =)

• spartan13

spartan13

#286200 - 14 years ago

I just read an article about the new movie "National Treasure" which says:

Jerry Bruckheimer and director Jon Turtletaub decided that they wanted the clues in the film to be based on real-lie mysteries, treasure hunts and fascinating personalities of American and World history, but as per any film, some of these were based on fact, while others were just plain fiction.

It then goes on to say:

THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR TREASURE

Fact: The monastic secret-warrior society known as The Knights Templar excavated for ten years at the Temple of Solomon. Within two centuries, they became one of the most powerful and wealthy groups in Europe, leading many to assume they had amassed an enormous treasure. It was said that before the Knights met their end at the hands of The Pope and King Philip of France in 1307, they loaded their immense bounty onto a fleet headed for Scotland. Some believe the shipment was hidden on Nova Scotia's Oak Island and came to a fledgling America in the 1700s. Indeed, Christopher Columbus also had connections to "The Knights of Christ," an offshoot of The Knights Templar, so he too could have played a role in the mystery.

I thought it was pretty cool that the treasure of Oak Island was considered (I am reaching here but what the hell) in the writing of this movie.

• HeavyYeti

HeavyYeti

#286255 - 14 years ago

There is factual evidence in Roslyn Temple in Scotland that the Templars (or somebody) came to America before Columbus...
    The treasure was of great importance to the very foundation of Christianity and Judiasm...
    Read the books by Robert Lomas and Christopher Knight...they try to discover the origins of Freemasonry....and in their own way, discover a hell of alot more...the first one is call The Hiram Key.

I read the Rolling Stone artice, and since I had read all four of these books, I nearly jumped when I heard about this....