Forums > The Basement

From supernatural to extraterrestrial.

Posts (30)

• UrBrainDead

UrBrainDead

#285658 - 14 years ago

Discuss your beliefs in supernatural stuff and aliens and the like. Seen any ghosts? Any UFOs? Tell your stories. And please, no criticism or teasing....keep it clean.

I saw a ghost one time. I was walking out of my cousin's house, turned around at the front door, and saw a lady in a white dress walking up the steps. I didn't know what to make of it. It could've been my eyes playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure it was a lady. She had a glow about her, and she carried herself gracefully. And it wasn't anyone I know. My cousin's mother is a very religious person, and I thought it could have been the virgin Mary or something. I never saw it again.

• Wizbang

Wizbang

#285792 - 14 years ago

In reply to UrBrainDead, #1:

The auditorium at my school is allegedly haunted, but I've never seen anything. I thought I saw something in the projection booth once, but it was just a light reflecting off the glass.

• tamsenmc

tamsenmc

#285857 - 14 years ago

Personally I have never seen a ghost. On one hand, I'd love to see a ghost, on the other, I don't want to be walking down the hallway at 2AM and see a transparent figure. That would not be cool.

I have a friend whose whole family sees ghosts in just about every place they've lived. In the house they're in now there have been...at least 4 occurrences. She was taking a shower one time and she heard someone call her name and she thought it was her dad. Guess what? No one was there. She was a bit freaked out. One time her younger brother was home alone and he heard a voice yell from their parents' room something like, "Get in here!" He yelled back, "Make me!" Or something like that. The door opened and slammed then there were loud footsteps down the hallway and his room's door opened and slammed. He was out in the living room. I don't know what he did but I would have been GONE. Sara has heard voices from her two sisters' room a number of times (she knew she was alone). One time a friend of her older brother was over and he looked in her room for a blanket or something (it's cut off from the living room by a sheet) and he saw someone in her bed. Naturally he thought it was she. She was on vacation or at my house or something. Her sisters hadn't slept in her bed either. No one had.
    *makes spooky ghost noises* But seriously I don't want to spend the night at that house anymore. That is just too freaky.

• UrBrainDead

UrBrainDead

#287086 - 14 years ago

I was outside in a field next to my house one night with two of my friends. We where standing in a tight circle conversating when all of a sudden a beam of light appeared on the ground in the center of us. We looked up and saw a round, floating, shiny object with lights all the way around it. It had to be about 20 or 30 feet from our heads, I swear. We all ran like hell to our respective houses. Since my house was right next to the field I looked out the window and saw the object take off into the sky like a bullet leaving a trail behind it and there was no noise. It was too weird to ever forget.

• ToolPackinMa

ToolPackinMa

#287138 - 14 years ago

I'e never seen ghosts or aliens, but I have had a few weird experiences (out-of-body, premonitions, etc). I don't really believe in ghosts, but ghost movies still give me the creeps. LOL

I believe that there must be life other than the life on earth, in the galaxy. I can't imagine that we are the only living world.

• BigBen

BigBen

#287141 - 14 years ago

In reply to UrBrainDead, #4:

My sister claims to have seen a UFO,

I thought I saw a loch ness monster once, but it turned out to be a 10ft long alligator gar (one very big scary fish)

• Wizbang

Wizbang

#287165 - 14 years ago

In reply to BigBen, #6:

that is an enormous fish.

I am glad I live where I do.

• UrBrainDead

UrBrainDead

#287268 - 14 years ago

In reply to Wizbang, #7:

Holy shit.

• BigBen

BigBen

#287351 - 14 years ago

In reply to Wizbang, #7:

alligator%20gar-thumb.jpg

See why I thought it was a loch ness monster? Of course I was like 10 at the time.

• BandGeek

BandGeek

#287916 - 14 years ago

I woke up to find someone standing over my bed once. Just looking at me. That scared the shit out of me. And when i screamed It disapeared.
    Another time i woke up and looked out my door into the dining room and the same person was sitting there watching me. This time i just fell back asleep. I woke up and the chair he was sitting in was back in place.
    Guardian Angel?

• cloud_22

cloud_22

#287962 - 14 years ago

In reply to BandGeek, #10:

does my dad in the morning count as a ghost...lol

• Pierce

Pierce

#287992 - 14 years ago

My personal beliefs:

Aliens: Yes, although I have never seen one.

Werewolves: No, although that would be bad-ass.

Ghosts: Undecided. Doubtful.

Loch Ness Monster: Probably, but I think it's a prehistoric fish still hanging around or something. Not a robot zombie from Neptune sent here to corrupt school bus drivers or whatever hocus-pocus some people believe.

Bigfoot: Who cares, Bigfoot sucks.

My grandma claims to have been visited by a spirit when she was little. Spirit of her grandma or something warned her to stay away from the house, and the next day, the restraunt next-door caught fire and burned down, as well as their house. Don't know if I believe my grandma's story, though. She's also really intuitive or something. Every time someone dies in the family, she suddenly smells a certain kind of flower. I forget which kind. She smells it before anyone tells her that someone has died... she just announces 'someone is dead' out of the blue. Never witnessed this personally, though.

• Snow_Crash

Snow_Crash

#287996 - 14 years ago

One of my coworker's claims that his friend moved into a house and was doing some work. He was taking down a wall and found, hanging from a nail in a stud insid ethe wall, a ring. "Cool", he thought, and pocketed the ring. That night some weird shit started happening, though nothing too weird. He thought he heard footsteps.

The next night he knew he heard footsteps outside his room, and a faint voice.

I'm not sure if it was the third or fourth night, but on one of the two the footsteps were clearly audible and there were noises at his door. He was freakin. So he shouted out "I'll put the fucking ring back, just leave me the fuck alone!" and the noises stopped. The next day, he punched a hole in the wall, hung the ring from a nail he put in a studd, and sealed the hole.

And he's never been bothered again.

I hate that story, gives me the creeps.

• spam

spam

#288015 - 14 years ago

In reply to cloud_22, #11:

No, but your dad lurking in your room.....in the dark......at 4am........when you're trying to quietly sneak back in the window might qualify.

• BigBen

BigBen

#288029 - 14 years ago

In reply to spam, #14:

If your parents are really mean they'll go to sleep in your bed.

then you get back and you cant get to bed withou them knowing or it being obvous you came home late.

• armadeo

armadeo

#288159 - 14 years ago

Well, I do think that there is life on other planets, however I don't think any of that life has visited earth, ever. I don't know what I think about ghosts, but I don't think vampires exsist(even though it would be great if they did) and I am for sure there is no such thing as the loch ness monster or bigfoot. However, there is no such thing as the supernatural. Everything is a part of nature, every phenomonom and such. If there are ghosts they are completely natural, the same thing with any other monsters and such, they just are not natural to us. I am very good at argueing about this stuff, mainly because I know a lot about how nature works, and to tell you the truth, nature is very very simple. It does what works best. I can tell you guys exactly why there is no loch ness monster, and exactly why there is no bigfoot. I can also argue with you why life has probably not visited our planet. The only thing I really can't talk about are ghosts, and thats because they would be beyond physical nature, although they are still a part of nature. I will shut up now, I often ramble on and on in case no one has yet noticed. ^_^

• UrBrainDead

UrBrainDead

#288174 - 14 years ago

In reply to Snow_Crash, #13:

That's fuckin awsome. I love hearin about ghosts, it makes you think.....

• BluThundur

BluThundur

#288289 - 14 years ago

Anyone here have experience with ouija boards? There was a while when a few friends and I had some fun with it. What we discovered during our sessions is that there was a spirit of an indian, I think it was female, that chilled at his house. She lived in the woods nearby, but now her resides there if nothing else to help keep an evil spirit that was also stuck to that area away. My friend claimed that he had seen vague things here and there that he could never explain, in particular a dark shadow that would start in a corner of his wall and grow a bit in size before disappearing, and he swears that he could never, no matter how hard he looked find what might have caused that shadow. So we took it to be said evil spirit. The evil one said a lot of bad things, but never demonstrated its power or nothing. And one incident of a supposed attempt at a spirit talking through a person, which resulted in glazed over eyes and a fainting spell.

Believe to be real or as someone moving the pointer combined with some acting, thats what happened.

• tamsenmc

tamsenmc

#288553 - 14 years ago

In reply to BluThundur, #19:

All of these stories are really freaking me out and my computer is next to the dark window. Creepy...
    Yeah, I've messed with Ouija board. Those are pretty fun. One of my friends got one a couple years ago and we stared using it at her house. One ghost/spirit was always talking to us and she taped little pieces of paper to her board with smiles and question marks and other words. It was pretty fun. Her house always seemed pretty active but mine has always been pretty quiet. Most of the time we can't even get anyone/thing to respond. I finally bought a glow in the dark Ouija board.

I got another couple ghost stories.
    Okay, one time my friend, Sara (she's the one in all my stories), was at my house and I went and took a shower. I came out when I was done and she was down on her knees with her hands over her head in front of the door. I asked her what was wrong and she asked, "Is it gone?" She told me that she had been in the kitchen and one of the drawers opened. She said something like, "Stop." I'm not sure what happened next but then a dark shadow guy chased her down the hallway and she just crouched on the floor in the position I found her. In my own house. *sigh* I hope I remain blind to whatever spirits there may be.
    This other time she came with me to my mom's apartment in another city and she slept on one bed in the living room and I slept in my brother's old room. Every thing was great and we did stuff and months passed and all was cool with the world. We got into a discussion about ghosts or something and she ended up telling me that that night while I was sleeping she saw a man go leave the dining room and walk into my brother's room where I was sleeping. She told me she had decided I could deal with it or whatever. What a protective and brave friend, right? lol I never knew though. I'm glad I didn't find out until later.

• tamsenmc

tamsenmc

#288555 - 14 years ago

*sigh* This is why I should take the time to preview.
    Corrections: "...with a Ouija..."; "...we started using it..."; "...man go leave..."

On the subject of extraterrestrial life: I think there must be other life somewhere in the universe even if it consists of only one celled organisms. I think it's doubtful that any extraterrestrial life has visited our planet but what do I know? I'm not them.
    As far as things like Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster go; I don't believe in them but no one around here talks about them much. It's difficult to believe in something you've barely even heard of.

• cumbo87

cumbo87

#288587 - 14 years ago

In reply to tamsenmc, #21:

about ET's your right, I think that it would be selfish to think that we are alone in the universe. Even some single celled organism on anotehr planet light years away would be clasifyed as alien.

Ghosts: Avery fucking scary true story...
    I was chatting to some people on MSN about 3-4 months ago, after some TV show, so I turnned off my TV, i have no remote whatso ever, the little red light was OFF. I dont watch the late news, its just repeats. However the most fucking scary thing ever. I had a cold chill down my back, and my TV turnned on by itself, to make things spookier, it happend exaclty when they were doing the ceverage of a murder that happened in Adelaide (I am from Aussie). Now, is this just some freaky coincidance or is it real.

Don't get me wrong here people, but i would LOVE to see a ghost or aliens, UFO's whatever, it would be a real privallage to see them. I don't care if a ghost comes at at like 3 am in the morning, i would love to see one, and if I could either tell it to piss off, or make some sense out of it. Anyone know where some ghost sightings are in Australia?

• XxEthanxX

XxEthanxX

#288881 - 14 years ago

Here's what I believe:

aliens: Yes

Ghosts:Yes

Loch Ness: No

Bigfoot: ...Maybe

I've never seen any aliens or supernatural stuff but my mom said she saw a UFO when she was a kid. She was camping in her back yard with some friends or something when she was like 8 or 10 or something (I think), and her friends went inside for something. When she was out there by herself She saw a ufo that looked like a "long tube with spikes coming out of it" and it came down to the telephone wires, and then eventually flew away. She ran inside to tell everyone but nobody believed her. She said she never camped out in the back yard again.
    Well that's as good as what I can remember what she said.

• armadeo

armadeo

#289017 - 14 years ago

There are aliens, but UFOs are highly unlikely. Bigfoot cannot exsist, if he did we would have found him already. Remember, he lives in North American forests, there is no way an entire species of apes could exsist without us finding him. The loch nest is just impossible, there is no way it could exisist. For one thing, no living creature can live for millions of years. It it is a species, then there must be a breeding population, and that would mean hundreds of things must be swimming in that lake. No only that, but isomething thatt large must come up for air every few minutes, so we should see hundreds of them poping up at a time to breath. Also, it couldnt be some ancient reptile, simply because the sea reptiles lived over 65 million years ago. The average lifespan for any species is about 5 million years. Also, if its reptillion, the bottom of loch ness would be covered with teeth that it shed. The loch ness simply can't exsist. Any one who tells you otherwise has no knowlege of geology, biology, or nature as a whole.

• spam

spam

#289046 - 14 years ago

Is anyone else creeped out by Electronic Voice Phenomena?

Be sure to check out the Examples.

There's a movie coming out next year about it, I don't know if I'll go see it though. This kind of stuff gives me the willies.

• XxEthanxX

XxEthanxX

#289077 - 14 years ago

In reply to spam, #25:

I didn't read anything off of the link or anything but i know what it is. I've seen the trailer and it looks Fucking freaky! I'm not quite sure if I believe it or not but i'm kinda leaning twords (pl?) yes.