Forums > The Basement

Meet the parents....

Posts (16)

• Band_Geek17

Band_Geek17

#292309 - 14 years ago

No, this isn't about the movie.

Last night I went with my girlfriend and her parents out to dinner and to see a Christmas light show. It was really fun, but it was also the first time that I spent time with her parents, and I was kinda nervous. Sorry, nothing really bad or funny happened, but does anyone else have a really great story about the first time you met your bf/gf's parents?

• SMM

SMM

#292341 - 14 years ago

I knocked a huge bottle of tomato sauce on their carpet. It went everywhere.

• psychxero

psychxero

#292348 - 14 years ago

In reply to Band_Geek17, #1:

My girlfriends dad wants to shoot me because he's scared of me. Ha.

• Allos

Allos

#292352 - 14 years ago

In reply to psychxero, #3:

fingers crossed

• Show

Show

#292368 - 14 years ago

It wasn't a girlfriend, but I'm in real good with many friends' parents. One such friend was my friend Anabelle of Italian descent with her VERY Italian parents. I got invited over for dinner as an introduction with the knowledge that her father:

A. Is terribly racist
    B. Has a massive gun collection
    C. Has shot at people his daughter brought home that he did not like
    D. Tends to get tipsy on wine often

If it wasn't for my liking of Spaceballs and various other Mel Brooks movies, I might be dead right now.

Also, I'm not sure how many of those were true, but it made it a fun night to find out which were and weren't. =D

• Band_Geek17

Band_Geek17

#292502 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #5:

Damn, you must have been really good friends with her to have the balls to go meet her dad.... Just be glad he wasn't racist against you or anything like that. And it was probably good that he gets tipsy on wine, because that would throw his aim off.

• psychxero

psychxero

#292533 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #5:

I think the thing about that is, itailians more than likely would not do something like that in their own house. It would be like shitting on your own persian rug...it would make no sense to kill someone on your nice flooring.

Or maybe for once in this world someone looked past race and got to know the person.

• chopperdave

chopperdave

#292542 - 14 years ago

In reply to psychxero, #7:

way to try and take the fun out of it.

• w3a2

w3a2

#292621 - 14 years ago

In reply to psychxero, #7:

nice. subtilly accusing someone of being racist...someone who's black (i'm assuming?!!??) and therefore probably would have experienced a fair amount of racism himself.

or is that also a racist comment?

i think i should just stop there.

• betty1015

betty1015

#293051 - 14 years ago

I had no problems meeting my husband parents (they're divorced), but on his dads side I was a little afraid when I met the rest on the family. Aaron and I had a very small wedding, the only people who were there were my sister and his dad. After our 3 day honeymoon in cabin in the mountians that his dad got for us as a wedding gift his family was having a reunion. I had only met one of Aaron's uncles and no one else on his dads side, and we show up to the family reunion married. All my fear was unfounded, they were great. They knew that we had gotten married and had a surprise party for us to give us gifts and to welcome me into the family. Earlier this year there was another reunion to celebrate grandpa's 80th b-day, to meet out new baby, and to say bye to Bill (my father in law) before he left for Iraq. We had all three kids with us and they treated my two oldest kids like they were part of the family.

• rhino1045

rhino1045

#293132 - 14 years ago

In reply to DevilNuts, #11:

That would be funny if it were true.... but I doubt it.

• whitesocks

whitesocks

#293144 - 14 years ago

In reply to Band_Geek17, #1:

when i went over one day her mum asked me how i was and i said fell a combination of fucking well so i pulled out at the last moment and and yer fell just came out, we all laughed and it sort of stuck , her parents are real cool, good times

• RTDRB

RTDRB

#293449 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #5:

Mel Brooks is a freaking JEW.

<.<

>.>

• DragonEdge

DragonEdge

#293831 - 14 years ago

In reply to DevilNuts, #11:

I have been in that spot before also, maybe not with your gf, but it was my gf's dad that walked in. He just shut the door quick and said - Lets have a talk, so I grabbed my clothes and climbed out her window and took off for home, never talked to her again either. Which was a shame cuz I liked her.

• JCoit

JCoit

#296587 - 14 years ago

I am gerenally good at first impressions and most parents love me. So I have never really had a problem. The only time I have ever had a problem with parents was when my ex's mom found out we were having sex. She found out because my ex's little brother walked in on us and thats when I said "We never did it while anyone was home, how did she know" and thats when my ex came out and said "yeah... um... that wasnt you." Turns out she was cheating on me. Her brother walked in on thema dn claimed it was me, and her mother was pissed at me for it. I ended it before her mother even got to know the truth. Thats about as bad as it goes for me.

• HaloPenguin

HaloPenguin

#297068 - 14 years ago

Wow. I can only say that the one girl that I actually met her parents, were uh, well, not happy that I came home. I ended up breaking one of the legs on her brand new table. It was not a good night. On top of that, I tried to fix it, well, I didn't. It really wasnt a good night. Her dog bit my leg, her dad was cool, and her mom was insane. It really really wasnt a good night. lol