Forums > The Basement

If you could tell yourself something...

Posts (20)

• Gryphonvere

Gryphonvere

#299490 - 14 years ago

I got this idea from a Frazz comic I get by email. The one for December 14th got me thinking....

frazz2030512041214.gif

I was wondering if anybody else wished they could tell themselves something that they learned since, and what.

So, in roughly 15-20 words or less, just say what you wish you'd known before, and about what time in your life you would go back and talk to yourself.

In my case, I wish I could go back about five years and tell myself to "Lighten up and loosen up. Let things happen, and don't be so uptight." I was too uptight when I entered Grade 9, and I've become looser as time passed - I just wish I could've learned that before.

• Wizbang

Wizbang

#299503 - 14 years ago

In reply to Gryphonvere, #1:

I would tell myself to not get so so emo over girls. For some insane reason, in high school I didn't want a physical relationship of any sort unless it was also deeply emotional. Now I wish I'd just loosened up (like you said) and had some fun.

• hog_or_puma

hog_or_puma

#300047 - 14 years ago

i would have told myself that i was an addict from the start, it would have helped a whole bunch and saved me years of torment and agony.

• Lixie

Lixie

#300072 - 14 years ago

To study for the goddamn final.

• RyanL

RyanL

#300081 - 14 years ago

Do well in school
    Stick out college
    Date Samantha
    dont get any CCs
    Run from Pam

• Cyebrlyme

Cyebrlyme

#300132 - 14 years ago

"WATCH OUT FOR THAT TRUCK!!!"

Really tho... it would have been not to fuck around so much in school... paying for it now :-/

but then you have to think.. if you did change something about your past, think about all things you might not have now... I know some people and have done some things that I would never want to live without...

ahhh...

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#300191 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cyebrlyme, #6:

I know some things and have done some people that I would never want to live without...

Fixed

• Cyebrlyme

Cyebrlyme

#300211 - 14 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #7:

LOL, that sounds about right too

• felix2407

felix2407

#300278 - 14 years ago

What a great question.

I would prob tell myself to remember that faith in one's self is one of the most important things to have.

Plus a few spoilers from Halo 2.

• GBowski

GBowski

#300330 - 14 years ago

In reply to felix2407, #9:

dont get into that fist fight in the cafateria...
    would of made the past two years of high school sooooo much easier....

• Daddy_P

Daddy_P

#300753 - 14 years ago

I'd go back to last Christmas and tell myself not to get involved with my first and previous relationship. That really messed up my life a bit.

• Liquid_Paper

Liquid_Paper

#300974 - 14 years ago

I would tell myself that there is a lot of crazy shit between here and there, but I'm still smiling.

~I couldn't take away my pain. Pain helps make charater, and without charater I'd just be pencil lines in a really boring comic.

...Though I might warn myself to avoid that taco stand back in 1997.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#300982 - 14 years ago

I would tell myself to avoid Sandra like the plague... *shivers*

• Show

Show

#300994 - 14 years ago

"You already know Emily is insane, just stop forgetting that she's insane"

• Cyebrlyme

Cyebrlyme

#301006 - 14 years ago

In reply to Show, #14:

Uh huh... my first G/f

• qwackaqwacka

qwackaqwacka

#301353 - 14 years ago

the first cut is the depest. so prepare yourself for the break up.

• qwackaqwacka

qwackaqwacka

#301357 - 14 years ago

In reply to qwackaqwacka, #16:

deepest*

• Threespot

Threespot

#301364 - 14 years ago

In reply to qwackaqwacka, #17:

"Keep in touch with Sarah you asshole, she's the best thing that ever happened to you. Also Apply yourself."

• Blind_Hawk

Blind_Hawk

#301556 - 14 years ago

In reply to Gryphonvere, #1:

I wish I told myself that women don't uses condoms on their breasts before I made an ass out of myself when I was 6.

• Sakurelf2

Sakurelf2

#301587 - 14 years ago

In reply to Blind_Hawk, #19:

I'd go back to when I was ten and was first allowed on the internet unsupervised and tell myself to STFU N00b. My early forum/chatting days were attrocious.