Forums > The Basement

*NEW!* Someone wants/needs Your opinion!

Posts (37)

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#310241 - 14 years ago

Hi, I need your help..."your," being all you good people, my fellow RT members.
    Christmas is days away, and I will be spending it with my boyfriend's family for the first time. His family is great to me and has done so much to show me thier love, and to help me feel accepted in their home. What do I get them for Christmas gifts...specifically his awesome parents? We had the great plan of getting them the LotR extended versions box set (I work at a movie, games, music store), cause they are huge fans, since college. And then yesterday, they bought it themselves...now I've got nothin. PLease help. Ideas are much appreciated! Thanks guys :)

• Lovecraft151

Lovecraft151

#310245 - 14 years ago

In reply to LinksLove, #1:
    Buy them a copy of Pink Floyd's The Wall. If they like Pink Floyd.

• Vosh

Vosh

#310248 - 14 years ago

In reply to Lovecraft151, #2:

The Wall the movie, and some weed.

and acid...

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#310256 - 14 years ago

In reply to Vosh, #3:

Yeah, that's a crazy movie....we're looking for something that moreso verifys I'm a good girl that they sholuld be happy to be dating their son. They don't really appreciate weed or acid...seeing as they're a nice Christian family. But keep up the good work, thanks.

• Lovecraft151

Lovecraft151

#310257 - 14 years ago

In reply to LinksLove, #4:
    Well, can't help you there. Sorry, ma'am.

• xenokaos

xenokaos

#310260 - 14 years ago

Umm .... A gift certificate? Damnit, that is what I always say . . .

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#310269 - 14 years ago

In reply to xenokaos, #6:

Yeah, that's pretty much as good as I've got right now...was hoping for something more fun to unwrap. What stuff do parents/educators need, or like, or want? I simply have no clue.

• zkzapper

zkzapper

#310270 - 14 years ago

AA, AAA, C, and D, size batteries

• betty1015

betty1015

#310282 - 14 years ago

In reply to LinksLove, #4:

In reply to Vosh, #3:

Yeah, that's a crazy movie....we're looking for something that moreso verifys I'm a good girl that they sholuld be happy to be dating their son. They don't really appreciate weed or acid...seeing as they're a nice Christian family. But keep up the good work, thanks.

Since they are Christians and you want to keep up the good girl thing you should try going to a local christian book store and see what they have that you could get for them. Most of them have books, movies, music, and a bunch of other stuff.

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#310284 - 14 years ago

In reply to betty1015, #9:

Best one yet...thanks, I probably will try to stop by one. But keep em coming guys. Oh, the batteries were clever too!

• zkzapper

zkzapper

#310287 - 14 years ago

In reply to LinksLove, #10:

ha i'm clever! hehe

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#310296 - 14 years ago

Yes, yes you are; haha.

• zkzapper

zkzapper

#310306 - 14 years ago

i meant to say "oooooooo im cleverrr!!

i got my cam today!!

• zkzapper

zkzapper

#310308 - 14 years ago

stupidass zkzapper mod point for you

• mick

mick

#310309 - 14 years ago

They need RvB DVDs and merchandise.

• burner2

burner2

#310332 - 14 years ago

How much do you want to spend?

• dwab

dwab

#310340 - 14 years ago

A good well built garden fountain should be a good gift. Home decor should be an up in all aspects, but make sure its pretty classy, or needed. Nice artwork also is an up. Really though if you put out some numbers, and what they are like, i could help you out more

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#310344 - 14 years ago

In reply to dwab, #17:

Well, the gift I already got them cost $43, but i now I have to talke it back...so i guess that's how much I was willing to pay...

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#310346 - 14 years ago

In reply to zkzapper, #14:

stupidass zkzapper mod point for you

Huh?

• eponymous

eponymous FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#310352 - 14 years ago

In reply to LinksLove, #1:

1.) I'd get them NOTHING for being fucking stupid enough to buy something like that so close to Christmas.
    2.) Being a "good Christian" has nothing to do with drug use.
    3.) Have you thought about something else LotR-related? Are their copies of the books getting worn out? Do they collect anything like models or figures or replicas of movie props? Do they play games (there's an LotR version of Risk)?

• Lovecraft151

Lovecraft151

#310355 - 14 years ago

In reply to eponymous, #20:

There's LotR Chess, too.

• betty1015

betty1015

#310363 - 14 years ago

In reply to Lovecraft151, #21:

There's also LoTR Trivail Pursuit

• burner2

burner2

#310367 - 14 years ago

In reply to betty1015, #22:

That's a good idea

• eponymous

eponymous FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#310373 - 14 years ago

There you go. You could get them a whole stack of LotR games.

• zkzapper

zkzapper

#310374 - 14 years ago

oooooooooo...kkkkkkkkk, now i understand Lord of the Rings ok. um they sell assecories, like swords, rings, jewelry, my friend has a LotR ring