Forums > The Basement

*NEW!* Someone wants/needs Your opinion!

Posts (37)

• Lovecraft151

Lovecraft151

#310377 - 14 years ago

In reply to eponymous, #24:

Or, just wait until LotR Battleship and LotR Twister come out...

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#310381 - 14 years ago

In reply to eponymous, #20:

In reply to LinksLove, #1:
    1.) I'd get them NOTHING for being fucking stupid enough to buy something like that so close to Christmas.
    2.) Being a "good Christian" has nothing to do with drug use.
    3.) Have you thought about something else LotR-related? Are their copies of the books getting worn out? Do they collect anything like models or figures or replicas of movie props? Do they play games (there's an LotR version of Risk)?

1. Good point, they should have thought about the fact that someone would give it as a gift.
    2. Um, if by good, we mean obeying God's Word, then yes, it does....Treat your body as His temple, don't do things to alter your state of mind, i.e. inibriation, intoxication, being drunk, doing drugs....yeah, those things...not good.
    3. Thank you, I forgot that I'd thought about buying them nice hard-bound books of the trilogy, instead. And yeah, they already have all the games...we played the trivial persuit one for hours last new years.

• Bastich

Bastich

#310436 - 14 years ago

In reply to LinksLove, #27:

Seems you work in a movie/music/games store you could always get them something to enlighten them with. Try "Lest We Forget" special edition by Marilyn Manson. You get a CD and a DVD in the one set. You'll either convert them or it I'll give them fuel for there fires and make them want to go to family outings. You know a good christian family goes to a MM concert and stands out the front preaching and handing out leaflets.

• Tiffany

Tiffany

#310473 - 14 years ago

What about one of those baskets filled with fruits and sommer sausage and cheese?

• Daddy_P

Daddy_P

#310540 - 14 years ago

If they like medival, then get them something like the King Arthur movie.

• Module

Module

#311050 - 14 years ago

In reply to betty1015, #9:

mozart.jpg

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#311389 - 14 years ago

In reply to Bastich, #28:

In reply to LinksLove, #27:
    Seems you work in a movie/music/games store you could always get them something to enlighten them with. Try "Lest We Forget" special edition by Marilyn Manson. You get a CD and a DVD in the one set. You'll either convert them or it I'll give them fuel for there fires and make them want to go to family outings. You know a good christian family goes to a MM concert and stands out the front preaching and handing out leaflets.

Convert them to what? Maybe I was misleading...I too, am a Christian; and oh yeah, that's exactly what all of us have to go do at MM concerts....no.

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#311410 - 14 years ago

In reply to Module, #31:

Cool picture...but what does it mean? :)

• DngrMaus

DngrMaus

#311452 - 14 years ago

In reply to LinksLove, #33:

If they like sci-fi then why not get them the Star Wars trilogy on dvd?

• Sensho

Sensho

#312451 - 14 years ago

Some offbeat ideas...

Sponsor an animal in their name at the Lincoln Park Zoo. The money goes to the care of the animal, and to educational efforts about endangered species. Lincoln Park

Treat them like a king & Queen for an evening! Serve his parents a complete gourmet dinner prepared by you and your boyfriend.

Everyone needs their own Marshmallow Gun! Marshmallow Gun

well that's all i can come up with ...good luck! i'm sure whatever you decide on they will love =)

• LinksLove

LinksLove

#312482 - 14 years ago

In reply to Sensho, #35:

Aw, thanks; those are cool ideas. I wonder if I'll ever be the gourmet cook his mother is...I'm going to check out the marshmallow gun right now! : )

• RyanL

RyanL

#312501 - 14 years ago

In reply to LinksLove, #1:

A big black double dong is the gift that keeps on giving, and it can even be shared