Forums > The Basement

What does christmas mean to you?

Posts (79)

• Akira

Akira

#314248 - 14 years ago

Well for me it's LOTS of stupid christmas movies and specials on TV that ive seen 20 times, buying presents for my family 2 days before D-Day :), then wrapping them....badly!! and for us poor deprived Aussies...it also includes Fake snow and plastic trees.
    What are the standout things for you at christmas?

• burner2

burner2

#314252 - 14 years ago

In reply to Akira, #1:

Days off, yip4eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• RTDRB

RTDRB

#314304 - 14 years ago

In reply to Akira, #1:

A Christmas Story on TV, too much food, no snow, but tons of fog, and the fear that some nut in a red suit will be breaking and entering my house.

• PizzaMan

PizzaMan

#314473 - 14 years ago

In reply to Akira, #1:

World's most idiotic ad ever.

"Christmas is about finding that perfect gift."

I nearly cried. Christmas is about being with loved ones. Yes the presents are nice, and you get a good feeling when you give but, it';s become WAY over commercialized

• The_Guardian

The_Guardian

#314503 - 14 years ago

In reply to Akira, #1:

Absolutely nothing.

• Church4eva

Church4eva

#314731 - 14 years ago

Christmas for me means, days off, waiting in extremly long lines, getting stressed over if I sent all the Christmas cards, spending hours wrapping presents (because I am too lazy to get in the car, wait in another line, and have someone else wrap my presents!) Then when Christmas comes, getting up at 7:00 AM (not by my account, but some little ones come and get me up!) unwrapping all those presents that you have beautifully wrapped, picking up the paper, and ribbion and such, and then hearing all the wonderful thank-yous from everyone that unwrapped a gift that you gave them.

Christmas is about being with friends and family that you don't get to see all the time every year, it isn't about presents...You know kinda like the story the Grinch that Stole Christmas, watch it. You could learn something from it!

• humankiller

humankiller

#314779 - 14 years ago

In reply to Akira, #1:

Presents of course. Also spending quality time with family and friends. In addition to that no school!

• Snow_Crash

Snow_Crash

#315061 - 14 years ago

In reply to humankiller, #8:

Family togetherness time, which leads to a family fight, and then turkey.

mmm, turkey...

• r0xx0rz

r0xx0rz

#315071 - 14 years ago

I think you're all forgetting the most important bit of Christmas...
    The birth of Santa!

• schkyzm

schkyzm

#315089 - 14 years ago

Days off from work, a good reason to stay indoors and sit around on my ass for a week, giving and receiving presents, and getting the chance to spend some time with my scattered family. Got relatives coming in from Wyoming, Florida, Hawaii, Canada, and the UK.

My immediate family (consisting of, uh, me, myself, my mom, grandfather, and dog) aren't the most religious people on the planet, so hey. I'm probably the least out of us four, that is, after the dog.

• Mad_Irishman

Mad_Irishman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#315106 - 14 years ago

In reply to Akira, #1:

Tis The Season for Caroler Hunting!

• Elemental

Elemental

#315199 - 14 years ago

In reply to Akira, #1:

No school for 2 weeks, family time, gaming time, time to spend with my girlfriend, time to hang with my friends, and presents. :)

• EatCheese

EatCheese

#315223 - 14 years ago

The Snoopy dance!

• TheTexan

TheTexan

#315701 - 14 years ago

Days off school, that's about it.

Christmas actually has nothing to do with religion anyways. Like anyone would know the exact day a carpenter's kid was born on 2000 years ago. It's actually the paegan solstice celebration, stolen by the curch so that people would be able follow them without having to change their holidays. Same goes for easter.

• Red_Hector

Red_Hector

#315800 - 14 years ago

In reply to TheTexan, #15:

Very true, and if I'm not mistaken it marks the begining of the roman holiday of harvest or some-such.

• Akira

Akira

#315815 - 14 years ago

In reply to Red_Hector, #16:

the church just realised that celebrating the harvesting of grain was just no fun....so they decided that maybe if they make up a story about a guy dying and told us to believe it...we would...cos thats just way more fun to celebrate. Then they threw in Santa cos everyone likes storys of fat people getting stuck in chimneys.

• SpikeyP

SpikeyP

#315819 - 14 years ago

In reply to Akira, #1:

seeing my nephew.....dont get to c him much ;-(

• Metal_Monkey

Metal_Monkey

#315821 - 14 years ago

Christmas to me is the birthday of an illegitimate child who had one fucked up life.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#315828 - 14 years ago

For me, Christmas means a huge family meal. We're a family of atheists, so we just use the holidays as an excuse to gather the tribe and murder turkeys. It's good having all my cousins and uncles and aunts and grandparents in one place. We figure the real point of Christmas at this point is to celebrate life and family, so that's what we do.

• Benedict

Benedict

#315831 - 14 years ago

Christmas rocks, fatties.

• TheClipit

TheClipit

#315860 - 14 years ago

Christmass to me is a lack of bar :(

• TheClipit

TheClipit

#315863 - 14 years ago

*Christmas* >_<

• rhino1045

rhino1045

#315872 - 14 years ago

In reply to Akira, #1:

For me it means the warm weather and holidays.

• Brit_Kit

Brit_Kit

#315905 - 14 years ago

Christmas:
    Time to wish you were somewhere else with other people.
    Thinking about things to give to people that you don't have a choice not to give and not being able to get out to spend money on the people that actually mean something to you.
    Being out of school and feeling left out of everything
    An unabiding will to go somewhere else

• TheClipit

TheClipit

#315910 - 14 years ago

xr-sticker-2.gif