Forums > The Basement

Anyone In To Comic Books?

Posts (286)

• Neila08

Neila08

#321940 - 14 years ago

So Aside from games and such, are there any people here intrested in Comic Books? Any kind of Comic books really. I want to be a comic artist so, just wanted to see what people's interests here were.

later
    Neila08

• ArmachamOwns

ArmachamOwns

#321946 - 14 years ago

In reply to Neila08, #1:

I'm not really too into them but I have read:
    Preacher
    Global Frequency
    Demo
    Kabuki
    Kissing Chaos
    Channel Zero

• Squee5000

Squee5000

#321978 - 14 years ago

In reply to Neila08, #1:

Jhonen Vasquez is a god.

• Caitlin

Caitlin

#322010 - 14 years ago

I weep for the state of the comics industry.

I also love comics and there are a few gems.

Jhonen Vasquez is a very vain and obnoxious individual.

• Judith

Judith

#322028 - 14 years ago

He-man *A moment of silence* before MV Creations when belly up. :(

Walking Dead
    Jubilee
    Brit
    Conan
    Voltron
    Tales of Realm (again ended)
    Rob Zombie Spook Show (I don't know if they are ever going to run another line)

Ones I would love to see again
    Battle Pope
    Dragons Lair
    Chasity
    Bad Kitty

• nuggets

nuggets

#322053 - 14 years ago

opus
    get fuzzy
    and calvin and hobbes

• Nekronaut

Nekronaut

#322136 - 14 years ago

Im just getting into them, so if any one has any sugestions on whats good, id love input (related links are nice too). As for what i read so far in my short comic fan time. HULK!!!. hot damn is the hulk cool. I have recently bought a few newer graphic novels, and reading other comics outta my friends colection. but yeah, sugestions would be nice, especilly what serises or type or whatever of Xmen and/or Lobo are best.

• DngrMaus

DngrMaus

#322261 - 14 years ago

In reply to Nekronaut, #7:

I used to love comics, not so much these days. I'd have to say my favorite single issue was the Lobo Paramilitary Cristmas Special. The scene where Lobo punches Santa and his eyeball pops out kept me laughing for weeks.

• Caitlin

Caitlin

#322268 - 14 years ago

So, like, Alan Moore.

• Majori

Majori

#322351 - 14 years ago

I used to read Foxtrot all the time. It's probably my favorite up to date.

• OsanSarge

OsanSarge

#322416 - 14 years ago

I was really into comics several years back. After wy brother died, I kind of lost interest in them. I have been trying to get my kids into them by letting them read the old ones (5 boxes worth) I have, but no go. I like the old-school X-Men the most.

• frylord

frylord

#324799 - 14 years ago

a few years ago, i would always buy comics from my towns comic store, from the old section, when comics were really good, id always buy:
    spider man(the best)
    fantastic four
    iron man
    x-men

• technoweenie

technoweenie

#324903 - 14 years ago

I am a huge comic book dork. Right now, I'd say my favorites are Astonishing X-Men, Y The Last Man, and Ex Machina.

• Kensukete

Kensukete

#324967 - 14 years ago

In reply to Neila08, #1:

Calvin and Hobbes
    Zits
    Lenore
    Johnny the Homicidal Maniac
    Squee!
    Filler Bunny
    Spider-Man
    Billy and the Boingers Bootleg
    Doonesbury
    Dilbert
    Garfield
    Peanuts
    Hulk
    Batman
    Punisher
    Fantastic Four
    X-Men
    Beetlejuice
    Sam & Max: Freelance Police

• TonyLikeFire

TonyLikeFire

#325169 - 14 years ago

I'm loving the Deadpool and Cable series. Deadpools the man!

• SMoLiK

SMoLiK

#325263 - 14 years ago

I have a tupperware box full of them in the attic... I only collected REALLY old commics...

SMo'

• RETSUB

RETSUB

#327135 - 14 years ago

I collect graphic novels which are longer, cooler and have more blood and guts in then your average comic.

• Judith

Judith

#327633 - 14 years ago

In reply to RETSUB, #17:
    Depends really. Most graphic novels I know about are merely a whole bunch of the comic with the same story arc binded in the same book. So instead of buying like seven or eight comics, you buy a graphic novel with them all in it.

I mean for instance Walking Dead has a pack of Zombies rip apart a woman and devore her while she is still screaming. And that is in the sigle issue. Sure it will be in the graphic novel, but it's not going to be extra in it.

• Rabidm0nkey

Rabidm0nkey

#328328 - 14 years ago

Another comic i recomend is 100 bullets.
    Also Sandman. Thats all you need....

• ErokDragun

ErokDragun FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Just here

#328345 - 14 years ago

Yeah, I am really into comix, hell I have supe's shield tattooed on my left wrist, its there to remind me how to behave. If you had all the power needed to take over the world, would you be nice about it...Supe's is.

I read: Academy X, Excalibur, New X-men, Uncanny X-men, Astonishing X-men (the shit), Authority, Planetary, Wildcats, Batman/Superman, Mutant X, Ultimates (more the shit), Wanted (once again, the shit), Ultimate FF, Ultimate X-men, Ultimate Elektra, Thundercats, and I try to keep track of anyhting Warren Ellis, Mark Millar, Garth Ennis, and Grant Morrison writes....there are more but this are the main ones I track

• Cuthbert

Cuthbert

#328469 - 14 years ago

Bad Kitty
    Lady Death
    Puragatori
    The comics that appear in Heavy Metal Magazine

• Antithanks

Antithanks

#328529 - 14 years ago

I've only recently started reading comics, Roman Dirge's Lenore being my personal favorite. I remember my uncle having his entire basement filled with boxes stacked full of comics. It's a shame they were lost after he died. I'd love to have one-tenth of a collection like that one day.

• Duffman

Duffman

#328561 - 14 years ago

I read JLA (which is currently sucking), Gotham Knights, Ultimate X-Men, The Amazing Spiderman, Green Lantern, the Bone series, and the Hellboy series.

• VagaJammer

VagaJammer

#328698 - 14 years ago

In reply to Duffman, #24:

Can't believe no one mentioned Gold Digger yet!

• ErokDragun

ErokDragun FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Just here

#330148 - 14 years ago

Lets talk about the greats.

How about Watchmen by Alan Moore or The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller

Now those 2 comix changed the way comix were written from then on. There are alot more, lets drop some names here!!